"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:33 pm

jcogginsa wrote:I definitely recall the CoCs having mixed movesets in the beta
Mixing skills was a given, but I'm wondering about the actual base moveset (combo strings and grabs).

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm

kane and the girl with the staff make me feel toriyama is recycling his ideas a bit too much.

A blue-ish girl with white hair and a staff? Towa merged with a bug? What is his thing with people and staffs lately? All the angels, Demigra, Towa, Mechikabura, the new guy in the new Heroes port.

then theres cell merged with hit.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 pm

You know I was expecting to be a lot of discussion about the fact that Cell and Piccolo were confirmed for this game, considering this is a Dragon Ball fansite, but surprisingly there isn't any discussion about them at all. Why is that?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Are we gonna get Cell & Yugi interactions in this game? :lol:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Bit surprised by the inclusion of Piccolo and Cell, but I'll take them! Kind of hope we still get Arale in the game too though. I need my OP gag manga character android girl.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:59 am

I hope if you make a saiyan they can go Super Saiyan. Shouldn't be that hard considering how many characters in the game transform and Goku and Vegeta can go blue.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 am

Scans came in:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:48 am

No JoJo characters?

I wasn't that interested in the game before and I'm certainly not now.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:43 am

Lord Beerus wrote:No JoJo characters?

Still got a couple of months before release, plus Jump Festa is soon, so it'd make sense to do a big reveal dump then.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Given the last Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wing, buckle up yourself you will have your plate of them. I guarantee it. Along with Black Clover and My Hero Academia.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:44 pm

So far, Rukia is the only female character playable.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Why do people do this? You can't know if someone's not in the game if the whole cast hasn't been announced.

Jeez.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Lol, ur crazy (no offense) if you think we aren’t getting at least Jotaro and Dio in this game. They’re definite locks
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:27 pm

zarmack wrote:So far, Rukia is the only female character playable.
That's the main part that has me concerned so far. In an earlier interview, the game's director had indicated a wish to include a lot more female characters than in the last game, and...so far that hasn't proven true, at all.

If nothing else though, I'm really really hoping for the return of Arale and Medaka.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
That's the main part that has me concerned so far. In an earlier interview, the game's director had indicated a wish to include a lot more female characters than in the last game, and...so far that hasn't proven true, at all.

If nothing else though, I'm really really hoping for the return of Arale and Medaka.
Female Characters that I could see in the Game

Android 18: I wouldn't have put money on her beefore, but having Cell in here really threw me off, so she's possible.

Tsuyu Asui: Popular character from a popular franchise, I could see her getting in the same way Sabo Did.

Sakura Haruno: There are going to be more Naruto Characters, that much is certain, and she was that series Female lead, so she stands a good chance

Hinata Hyuuga: Popularity Principle

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:

Same here. Jump Ultimate Stars had 9 playable female characters (Arale, Anna, Eve, Kagura, Lenalee, Nami, Robin, Rukia and Sakura). Adding them along with Medaka into Jump Force would be great.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:55 am

Man, Cell is in which means that boi is sticking on my crew. Never thought he'd be in here, I was thinking it would be Beerus as the next Dragon Ball slot.

Now...gimme my JoJo characters and not just Jotaro/Dio, I want some Part 4/5 in there.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:59 am

jcogginsa wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

Female Characters that I could see in the Game

Android 18: I wouldn't have put money on her beefore, but having Cell in here really threw me off, so she's possible.

Tsuyu Asui: Popular character from a popular franchise, I could see her getting in the same way Sabo Did.

Sakura Haruno: There are going to be more Naruto Characters, that much is certain, and she was that series Female lead, so she stands a good chance

Hinata Hyuuga: Popularity Principle

I bet Toriyamas new bug girl will be playable, like Kane

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Screenshots of the character creation have been released:
Interesting things to note:
  • Lots of familar hairstyles to characters not on the roster: Light, Sanosuke, Sakura, Yoruichi, 18, Towa, Deku, Lala...
  • Characters can have two accessories as well as two features and a special slot
  • One of the facial features matches Demigra's facial markings
  • Not only can you equip supers, but you can also change the element and skill of the supers (I have no idea what that means...)
Seems pretty in-depth.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Definitely seems at least way more in-depth than the shitty one from the Shinobi Strikers game (at least based on it's beta). Hopefully some characters' being relegated to hairstyles there isn't a definite sign that they won't be in the game, because Deku's hair being there is worrying me a tad right now. Surely there's no way they'd leave out their new golden child series though...

Kind of cool to be able to mix up various types of characters' moves into our character though. Still kind of surprised it's getting a character creation option at all, but hey, I'll take it. Hopefully we'll be able to make at least two though, I'd love to be able to make both a guy and a girl.
Twitter