"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 am

At this point I'm also just hoping that the DLC characters aren't people from series that already have like 5 or 6 characters. More people from Academia or Black Clover or Yu Yu Hakusho, sure. But I'm going to groan in exasperated agony if we get any more Naruto, Dragon Ball, or One Piece characters from DLC.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 987
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:At this point I'm also just hoping that the DLC characters aren't people from series that already have like 5 or 6 characters. More people from Academia or Black Clover or Yu Yu Hakusho, sure. But I'm going to groan in exasperated agony if we get any more Naruto, Dragon Ball, or One Piece characters from DLC.
Inb4 Broly DLC.

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Just a reminder that the 20-page V-Jump article should be coming soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Spike used that page space to reveal their last batch of characters before the game releases next month.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Just a reminder that the 20-page V-Jump article should be coming soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Spike used that page space to reveal their last batch of characters before the game releases next month.
Pretty soon as in later today, or more like tomorrow probably?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Just a reminder that the 20-page V-Jump article should be coming soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Spike used that page space to reveal their last batch of characters before the game releases next month.
Pretty soon as in later today, or more like tomorrow probably?
The March 2019 issue of V-Jump hits Japanese shelves Monday, January 21.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Just a reminder that the 20-page V-Jump article should be coming soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Spike used that page space to reveal their last batch of characters before the game releases next month.
Pretty soon as in later today, or more like tomorrow probably?
The March 2019 issue of V-Jump hits Japanese shelves Monday, January 21.
Ahh, alright, that's still pretty soon then. We'll hopefully know the full non-DLC cast around that time then.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:42 am

Soooo, the beta should be live now, but it's not connecting. And apparently this is an issue others are having too based on comments I'm finding on Bandai Namco's Facebook. So that's...not great. :crazy: Especially since this is the only one of the beta time's I'm even able to attempt to get on for, bah.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 pm

FB page confirms Boruto. I guess thats a different series than Naruto... I'm not really into other Jump properties outside DB and a bit of My Hero but it does seem they're failing pretty hard to represent series equally.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

I finally did get to play a bit of the demo during the first round today (just had to keep trying again and again, and they finally put an offline mode option too), and it seems pretty fun so far (if you like J-Stars anyway, you'll probably have a fun enough time with this). Main issue I kept having though was certain moves seem like they're nigh impossible to hit with. Even something that should just be a flurry of punches like Kenshiro's iconic 'ATATATATA' flurry of punches? For some reason, it starts off with an uppercut first that has to connect before it can actually trigger the rest of the move. Hopefully some more of this gets balanced, otherwise a lot of moves are going to be basically useless for the custom created characters.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 pm

Is there any events or reveals that are gonna happen in the last few weeks? If not, then I'm probably not gonna get this. This roster is pretty bare compared to J-Stars Victory VS. Having 5+ characters of Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto and just 1 of basically everything else is crap.

I don't care about CaC's in this when it's a crossover game, they could've focused on the actual characters that the game is meant for. Bad custom characters aren't celebrating Shonen Jump, the series are and there are so many missing. Hope they have some big reveal close to release to generate hype or something.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:34 pm

Logania wrote:Is there any events or reveals that are gonna happen in the last few weeks? If not, then I'm probably not gonna get this. This roster is pretty bare compared to J-Stars Victory VS. Having 5+ characters of Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto and just 1 of basically everything else is crap.
V-Jump is supposed to have 19-20 pages on the game and comes out on the 21st, so with any luck we should be finding out the final (non-DLC) roster from that. Speculation from sources that have proven right so far suggests we should have about 8 more people in the base game, so combine that with the 9 DLC characters we know are coming, we should hopefully get a much better roster than what we have so far - though it's still likely to have less series represented overall sadly when compared to J-Stars, and definitely way less than what we had represented in Ultimate Stars on the DS.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Jotaro and Dai from Dragonquest have been confirmed via Instagram

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Jotaro and Dai from Dragonquest have been confirmed via Instagram
Here's a pic that shows them with the other protags:
Image

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Jotaro I basically figured was a given, but surprised to see Dai make the cut even if he was in the hidden code of J-Stars. I just wonder how long ago work started on him though, seeing as his original seiyuu just passed away. :(
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:56 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Jotaro I basically figured was a given, but surprised to see Dai make the cut even if he was in the hidden code of J-Stars. I just wonder how long ago work started on him though, seeing as his original seiyuu just passed away. :(
It takes time and planning in advance to make these kind of characters, even DLC ones in games. They will have known the roster and worked towards it long ago in development.

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Bamco just released a ton of screenshots of the latest Jump Force character as well as other stuff. Also, this confirms that both Kane and Galena are indeed playable. There is something else of note though, it seems as if you can customize how your CAC's attacks work by changing their elements and giving them buffs:

Image

Not only that, but Spike's also taking a page from Xenoverse and revealed J-Skills, this game's version of Super Souls:

Image

Not only that, but you can also level up those ability skills and J-skills too:

Image

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
Eh, it's honestly better this way. Remember when we had to wait until DLC before playing as Towa and Mira in XV1?

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8839
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
Eh, it's honestly better this way. Remember when we had to wait until DLC before playing as Towa and Mira in XV1?
True. And I'd actually be truly annoyed if two of the DLC slots had been these guys when I'd much rather have other Jump people.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
Kane was announced playable not long after we got in game screens of him, he was most likely planned as such to begin with.

Post Reply