"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Now that I think about it, what would happen if Light wrote down a Stand's name? Would it still kill the stand user, or just the stand?
Not sure what a Stand is, but the Death Note specifies that it can only be used to kill humans. Which makes me wonder, what about Saiyans? Could Light even kill Goku if he wanted to? I suppose he could write Goku's death as a side effect of another person's death.
Haven't seen Death Note in years, but for the sake of the crossover I'd say whatever the book specifies would fall into the category of 'ningens'. In which case keep that shit as far away from Zamasu as possible!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Draconic wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Now that I think about it, what would happen if Light wrote down a Stand's name? Would it still kill the stand user, or just the stand?
Not sure what a Stand is, but the Death Note specifies that it can only be used to kill humans. Which makes me wonder, what about Saiyans? Could Light even kill Goku if he wanted to? I suppose he could write Goku's death as a side effect of another person's death.
Haven't seen Death Note in years, but for the sake of the crossover I'd say whatever the book specifies would fall into the category of 'ningens'. In which case keep that shit as far away from Zamasu as possible!
It would be funny if Light attempted to kill Goku at some point in the story, and it didn't work. Even if Goku is "human" as the Death Note defines it, he also doesn't go by his real name. He'd write the name Goku, when he should write Kakarot.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:08 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Draconic wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
It would be funny if Light attempted to kill Goku at some point in the story, and it didn't work. Even if Goku is "human" as the Death Note defines it, he also doesn't go by his real name. He'd write the name Goku, when he should write Kakarot.
Ha! That would be fun. And certainly plausible too!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:44 am

Draconic wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Draconic wrote: Haven't seen Death Note in years, but for the sake of the crossover I'd say whatever the book specifies would fall into the category of 'ningens'. In which case keep that shit as far away from Zamasu as possible!
One conversation between Goku and vegeta and he'd figure it out lol

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:10 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Draconic wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
One conversation between Goku and vegeta and he'd figure it out lol
perhaps this is why vegeta is brainwashed? for convience of this joke if they dont talk?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Vegeta also likes to call Goku "clown," so that's another way they can avoid using the name Kakarot around Light.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:57 pm

From here https://m.windowscentral.com/jump-force ... -your-game
Sorry, it's not possible to invite players in the beta or in the final game. It's possible to meet friends in the lobby though and to start a battle from here.

That's weird. a friend invite is a basic option. Why complicate it by having to meet in hub first.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 am

Has anybody tried the beta? How is the game?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:53 am

MCDaveG wrote:Has anybody tried the beta? How is the game?
It's fun. It's a little bit tricky to pull off ultimate movies as you need to awaken first and sometimes it seems like your on the level to do it but can't. However I suspect that will be explained in main game and I'm probably doing it wrong.

I love stage interactions where you knock them through a truck ect... The gameplay is fantastic and it looks great. It's really fun to play.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:54 am

The minimum pc requirements for this game include a GTX 1060, so I already can't play it haha. Though, I'm still looking forward to the story and the development. Most likely will watch others play through the story mode on youtube.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 pm

So with there being a CaC do you think the db chars will just be mentors and not play an active role in the story?

Without getting into what is canon I want to know if this is like sdbh where it's not canon but “could be” we won't know till it comes out I guess which is annoying cuz of I was going to buy it I'd want to pre order for the bonus items.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

In order to clarify a confusion initiated by a comment on this thread, we wanted to confirm that you can totally fight with your friends in Jump Force.
You just have to select the Friendly Match option from your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One system to send invitations

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/statu ... 30370?s=19

Thank god!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm

TobyS wrote:So with there being a CaC do you think the db chars will just be mentors and not play an active role in the story?

Without getting into what is canon I want to know if this is like sdbh where it's not canon but “could be” we won't know till it comes out I guess which is annoying cuz of I was going to buy it I'd want to pre order for the bonus items.
There are trailers and screenshots that show your CAC fighting with the heroes in the story. You can even level them up, with the game calling them support characters. I dunno why anyone would think the DB characters would be exempt from the story, crossovers don't really matter when it comes to canon and power scaling. Crossovers are never stated to be canon unless the creators say so (i.e. Akuma in Tekken 7, Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts III).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
TobyS wrote:So with there being a CaC do you think the db chars will just be mentors and not play an active role in the story?

There are trailers and screenshots that show your CAC fighting with the heroes in the story. You can even level them up, with the game calling them support characters. I dunno why anyone would think the DB characters would be exempt from the story, crossovers don't really matter when it comes to canon and power scaling. Crossovers are never stated to be canon unless the creators say so (i.e. Akuma in Tekken 7, Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts III).
Thanks for the further info.

I know they are never stated canon in these situations.

But If I like a story I get bummed out if it “didn't actually happen after all ” I like to put stuff I like into headcanon or whatever unless it has contradictions.

I follow the marvel chronology projects idea of canon

“something is not canon if:
1.[Toriyama] says it isn't
2. It can't be”
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am

So, it appears our final roster is locked in, just a tad smaller than we'd assumed/hoped, but there's still a bunch of fun characters in it (just wish there were less of some series so we could make room for more titles overall).

Just as a refresher, here's what appears to be the final roster, non-DLC.
As far as the creatable characters go, has anyone heard or seen if we can make more than one? I'm hoping we at least get the option to make two of them, as I'd love to make a guy and a girl, but I have a sinking feeling we might be stuck with just one. I know the beta main screen had like 6 or so NPC options there, but I'm not sure if that was just for that since they were all already made or not.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm

So All Might is gonna be a DLC character then.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:As far as the creatable characters go, has anyone heard or seen if we can make more than one? I'm hoping we at least get the option to make two of them, as I'd love to make a guy and a girl, but I have a sinking feeling we might be stuck with just one. I know the beta main screen had like 6 or so NPC options there, but I'm not sure if that was just for that since they were all already made or not.
It has been confirmed that you can make up to 6 CAC's.

As for the roster itself, it's not bad, but I do wish there was more variety. I hope characters like Gintoki, Kinnikuman and Cobra can make it in as DLC at least.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Just wondering, is Kane playable and dose he have his own move set?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:It has been confirmed that you can make up to 6 CAC's.
Sweet, thanks. I know for sure I'll be using at least two of those slots, but unlike with Xenoverse, I really don't have the first clue what I'll do with the other four. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Sweet, thanks. I know for sure I'll be using at least two of those slots, but unlike with Xenoverse, I really don't have the first clue what I'll do with the other four. :lol:
Yeah, there aren't any races this time, right? I assume we just have humans, male and female. If course, it'll still be good to have characters with differently balanced stats.