"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 am

Yusuke and Toguro confirmed to return!

Also new story NPC's made by Toriyama himself!

• Director Glover: He's the Nick Fury of the Jump Force
  • Navigator: Monkey robot that does the navigating
  • Galena: Literally just Towa
  • Kane: Some sort of weird mesh of Jiren, Hit and Mira

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am

Okay, so this is really cool and suddenly has me intrigued. Akira Toriyama has designed 4 new original characters just for this game. He has gotten so much better at drawing these past few years, especially his work that's been unveiled for this year. I remember his drawing for Shallot looking really good. I can't wait to see what he's drawn for the new film.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 am

I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed they just had Toriyama do the new NPC designs. They look fine, but his overall aesthetic will just lump them in further with the Dragon Ball characters in the game rather than letting them be their own thing. Personally I'd have preferred if they'd gotten a Jump artist who doesn't have a character featured in the game (Masakazu Katsura, for example), or had a few of their current star/legendary artists together and not just Toriyama - so like Toriyama, Oda, Horikoshi, Watsuki, Kubo, etc.) - each design one rather than all four being Toriyama. I'unno, it's a minor nitpick, but it's still a little disappointing for me.

That issue aside, and the occasionally funky looking graphics aside as well, I'm still super hyped for this game. I can't wait!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed they just had Toriyama do the new NPC designs. They look fine, but his overall aesthetic will just lump them in further with the Dragon Ball characters in the game rather than letting them be their own thing. Personally I'd have preferred if they'd gotten a Jump artist who doesn't have a character featured in the game (Masakazu Katsura, for example), or had a few of their current star/legendary artists together and not just Toriyama - so like Toriyama, Oda, Horikoshi, Watsuki, Kubo, etc.) - each design one rather than all four being Toriyama. I'unno, it's a minor nitpick, but it's still a little disappointing for me.

That issue aside, and the occasionally funky looking graphics aside as well, I'm still super hyped for this game. I can't wait!
Yeah, I feel like if they had one artist work on each of the four characters, it would have added a nice differing artstyle that adds to the cross-over aspects of all this.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:45 am

I was gonna pass on this game, but now that pretty much my entire childhood of anime is in this game (Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh), I'm definitely picking it up

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 am

I'm actually considering picking this up from RightStuf since they have it up for pre-order, and I've had far less issues overall with their shipping than I've had with others (Wal-mart, Amazon, etc.), but do we know for sure if RightStuf gives out the pre-order stuff like other sites do? I would assume they do, but I've never ordered a game through them.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS also confirmed looks like:
Of course they won't leave out modern DB's mascot form!
I'm surprised they added it. I thought it was going to be forms in the original manga run.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Why is it that whenever they have some small little robot or creature in an anime it's voiced by some cutesy girl.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:According to YonkouProd twitter there will be a cosmic cube involved in Jump Force story line.

He said
Killua and Kurapika will appear in Jump Force. A mystery power known as the “Cosmic Cube” has been revealed, though it’s exact function is unknown. Killua will be able to use his electric aura and Kurapika his chains. Also showcases the CAC in a screenshot.
So Cosmic makes me think that Saint Seiya will be a given and Cube makes me think that World Trigger will be in.
Sounds more like a Marvel thing....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Looks like DLC is confirmed for Jump Force:

I have a gut feeling that most everyone from J-Stars will return plus a handful of new guys, so around 50-60 characters. Who do ya think will be added after the games comes out?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Looks like DLC is confirmed for Jump Force
Imagine a Bandai Namco game in this age without any DLC...
Even in more obscure series like Black Clover, they still try to milk it with locking various costumes and characters, for the ~5000 people who decided to buy the game.

I miss these days we unlocked characters through progressing in the Story Mode.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Even in more obscure series like Black Clover, they still try to milk it with locking various costumes and characters, for the ~5000 people who decided to buy the game.

How can you miss something that never left? Even if some things are in DLC, most of these games still have you unlocking the roster

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Xeogran wrote:

How can you miss something that never left? Even if some things are in DLC, most of these games still have you unlocking the roster
Because essentially you can't unlock everything without resorting to buy DLC.

It's like even if I complete every mission on best rank, I'll still have only like 70% of the game beaten. It's getting worse these days too, as there are so many anime games with locked content behind money, all at once.

With DB alone you get XV2, FighterZ, and now Jump Force. Now imagine also that I'm a fan of Naruto and other series.

I hate how modern gaming turned out to be. Also don't forget to pay for Online Subscription!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Xeogran wrote:I hate how modern gaming turned out to be. Also don't forget to pay for Online Subscription!
Online Subscription?? *laughs while on Steam*

If only consoles would stop with the paywall on online play, that'd be great. Although having up to 20+ PS4 games given to you for a year and numerous sales every week on games is...tolerable (I dont know how online subscriptions for XBO go because I dont have one) but then we got Switch's online subscription which is just gross.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Xeogran wrote:

Because essentially you can't unlock everything without resorting to buy DLC.

It's like even if I complete every mission on best rank, I'll still have only like 70% of the game beaten. It's getting worse these days too, as there are so many anime games with locked content behind money, all at once.

With DB alone you get XV2, FighterZ, and now Jump Force. Now imagine also that I'm a fan of Naruto and other series.

I hate how modern gaming turned out to be. Also don't forget to pay for Online Subscription!
But you don't have 70% of the game beaten. DLC may add atop the game, but it is not the game itself and it still doesn't change that you still do unlock characters via progress. If DLC did not exist, you still wouldn't have that content.

Kanassa wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm guessing 5 DB reps considering OP has 5 and HxH has 4, and the remaining two will be Gohan and Piccolo. Hopefully Boo or Beerus instead of Gohan, but I wouldn't count on it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Yusuke and Toguro confirmed to return!

Also new story NPC's made by Toriyama himself!

• Director Glover: He's the Nick Fury of the Jump Force
  • Navigator: Monkey robot that does the navigating
  • Galena: Literally just Towa
  • Kane: Some sort of weird mesh of Jiren, Hit and Mira
The thing about Nick Fury. I said the EXACT SAME THING
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Nick Fury and Thanos guest staring in Jump Force lol. Shouldn't 80% Togoro be a little bigger?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 pm

I will pick up if they add the older titles like City Hunter, Baoh, Cobra, Wingman and Bastad!! in the game. I somewhat doubt that will happen though.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:58 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Nick Fury and Thanos guest staring in Jump Force lol. Shouldn't 80% Togoro be a little bigger?
Eh he looks alright, though mostly the same from the last game. I'm sure he'll have his 100% form too, since they already showed off his 120% form in the trailer.