"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Bullza wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:03 pm I haven't played it myself but this thread is dead but the thread for Dragon Ball Heroes which is some card game with PS2 graphics is always active.
Because it's weird to see people actively discussing a card game with PS2 graphics? A game that receives almost monthly updates and info?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Bullza wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:03 pm Man...this game only came out on February 15th. Forgetting my previous post, nobody has posted anything here since only one week after it released. Not a post here in almost two weeks.

Does nobody give a shit about this game or something? I haven't played it myself but this thread is dead but the thread for Dragon Ball Heroes which is some card game with PS2 graphics is always active.
I lost interest in this game after the first trailer. lol

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pmBecause it's weird to see people actively discussing a card game with PS2 graphics? A game that receives almost monthly updates and info?
When compared to this yes. Dragon Ball Heroes is a Japanese arcade game which the majority of users here have never played. It is as an overseas card game with low level PS2 graphics.

This is a brand new fighting game released Worldwide for the PS4 and Xbox One. Nevermind having updates each month, it ain't even a month old and nobody was talking about it even after one week.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm still actively playing the game, but really there's just not a lot I can say about it (at least that's worth a post here - I've still occasionally posted short little random thoughts on Facebook, but that's about it). The game is fun enough, but also infuriating enough (on SO many levels) that I can only play it for so long each day before I have to do something else lest I toss my controller through my TV screen.

So it's not that I've lost interest in the game, personally, just that I don't really have anything that substantial to say either, really. The game is...the game. A lot poorer than we'd expected, but fun enough for what it is, at least to me.

As far as the leaked DLC roster goes too, I don't really have much to add to that yet either since I'm slightly hoping it turns out not to be legit. If it is legit, that's quite a bit more lackluster than I'd hoped for, but only time will tell.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Bullza wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Kanassa wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pmBecause it's weird to see people actively discussing a card game with PS2 graphics? A game that receives almost monthly updates and info?
When compared to this yes. Dragon Ball Heroes is a Japanese arcade game which the majority of users here have never played. It is as an overseas card game with low level PS2 graphics.

This is a brand new fighting game released Worldwide for the PS4 and Xbox One. Nevermind having updates each month, it ain't even a month old and nobody was talking about it even after one week.
Dragon Ball Heroes is also a long-running series that has a promotional manga, a promotional anime, has had a fanbase dedicated to converting the 3DS games to an English version and is far more relevant to a Dragon Ball community than a game that just has a few Dragon Ball characters in it. It's not weird to see it continue to have such activity, especially with World Mission coming out and no current main Dragon Ball product. Being a card game and having lower graphics (Though still manages to look far better than jump force) is not really much of a disparaging element here.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 am

It's not even Dragon Ball Heroes, those crappy mobile phone games are getting more activity than this as well.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Ill admit, this game was rough. Very, very hard to get into. Combat is fine but it just has this...atmosphere to it. Like I can't explain it. Like I'm seeing all these Shonen Jump characters together and there's just no impact to it. You would think these characters meeting (even if it's not the first time) would be some big moment. But they're just kind of like "This is the Jump Forces. Welcome to the team."

Story wise, I got through Chapter 1 where Vegeta joins and I was just...eh. I'm not a fan of the customization, the moves are flashy but lack weight to them, and the characters are admittedly fun to play with. I think it would be better if all of the characters weren't immediately playable and the point of the game was actually BUILDING the Jump Force. I think I'll pick it back up once All Might and Kaiba are released, but till then this one was a bit of a dud for me

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:17 am

Bullza wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm This is a brand new fighting game released Worldwide for the PS4 and Xbox One.
A bad one, even.

There's really not much to discuss, the story mode is a one time deal that's easily forgettable and the type of people who could discuss the gameplay mechanics at length are not in this forum.

The newest podcast episode is about it, if you want to hear thoughts from Mike.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Gameplay was fun
I loved the story (based on ending i hope there's a sequel)

My only issue was the A I in story mode guards waaaay to much. It becomes annoying.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Our first DLC character has been revealed, and it's Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!

Which likely means the earlier leak is probably pretty accurate, since he was the first person listed in it.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 am

Apologies for the double post, but it's been long enough that I can't edit my previous one I guess. It looks like we also got an update on other things coming to the game soon.

Not sure what the 'Vertex Event' is, but since it's part of the free update, hopefully it's not something that requires PS Plus. And looks like we'll be getting new stages as well as characters. Based on the fact that one of the revealed ones is a World Tournament Stage, and another is Valley of the End from Naruto, I'm betting the third new stage will likely be from One Piece since those three titles are the biggest focuses of the game.
Twitter

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Yeah this was the leak I posted on the last page

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Hitsugaya Toshiro (Bleach)
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez (Bleach)
All Might (My Hero Academia)
Katsugi Bakugo (My Hero Academia)
Biscuit Krueger (Hunter X Hunter)
Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Trafalgar D. Water Law (One Piece)

So that might end up being accurate. It's a decent list at least.

As for the update, I'm all for free Stages so that's pretty cool but...August? You could buy the Season Pass since February...and then you have to wait half a year to get two thirds of what you paid for?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm As for the update, I'm all for free Stages so that's pretty cool but...August? You could buy the Season Pass since February...and then you have to wait half a year to get two thirds of what you paid for?
That's the way it goes sometimes sadly. But yeah, as of now I'm thinking that leak you posted is right, and probably in the right order too - The first drop will give us Kaiba, Hitsugaya, and Grimmjow; drop two will give us All Might, Bakugo, and Biscuit; and drop three will give us Buu, Madara, and Law.
Twitter

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Apologies for the double post. I finally beat the story mode though, which WOW that is open-ended as all hell. They're really hoping to get to do a sequel which...sadly, I uh...don't...see...as being too likely, not with things the way they are now, unless this game just sold a shitton more than I'm expecting it to have.

The story itself was basically what I expected it to be though (other than really expecting someone else to betray us that didn't), but yeah. So now all that's left is trying to get the rest of the skills and the other outfit pieces, and do the other missions that are there. But I won't lie, there's a pretty good chance I may not get that all done in one fell swoop there and come back to it at a later point in time when the other characters are available via DLC, because this game is draining as all hell. It could have been so much better than it was, and sadly it's just 'kinda fun' rather than 'holy crap this is great'. So yeah, a slight break might be warranted. I've got other games I need to get to anyway.
Twitter

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 pm Apologies for the double post. I finally beat the story mode though, which WOW that is open-ended as all hell. They're really hoping to get to do a sequel which...sadly, I uh...don't...see...as being too likely, not with things the way they are now, unless this game just sold a shitton more than I'm expecting it to have.

The story itself was basically what I expected it to be though (other than really expecting someone else to betray us that didn't), but yeah. So now all that's left is trying to get the rest of the skills and the other outfit pieces, and do the other missions that are there. But I won't lie, there's a pretty good chance I may not get that all done in one fell swoop there and come back to it at a later point in time when the other characters are available via DLC, because this game is draining as all hell. It could have been so much better than it was, and sadly it's just 'kinda fun' rather than 'holy crap this is great'. So yeah, a slight break might be warranted. I've got other games I need to get to anyway.

How annoying was

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:15 pm

SSJmole wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm How annoying was
Yeah...that was the closest I think I've yet come to throwing my controller into a TV screen, and this game had a LOT of rage-inducing moments like that. :crazy: I ended up just having to spam throw, because punching him regularly wasn't cutting it.
Twitter

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:19 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:15 pm
SSJmole wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm How annoying was
Yeah...that was the closest I think I've yet come to throwing my controller into a TV screen, and this game had a LOT of rage-inducing moments like that. :crazy: I ended up just having to spam throw, because punching him regularly wasn't cutting it.
Same. It was punch punch grab , punch punch grab , punch punch grab , punch punch grab lol

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:55 am

Kaiba's DLC trailer is here! What do you want to be the only move we'll get for our CAC is the dark chain thing.
Twitter

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

All Might is being added to this game next. So that's another from the leak.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:28 am

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... up/.145884

Bandai Namco Entertainment America announced the full DLC character lineup for the Jump Force crossover fighting game on Thursday. The newly announced characters are Hunter X Hunter's Biscuit Krueger, Dragon Ball Z's Majin Buu, Naruto's Madara Uchiha, One Piece's Trafalgar D. Water Law, Bleach's Hitsugaya Toshiro and Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, and My Hero Academia's Katsuki Bakugo.

So the leak was 100% correct then.