"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I think I remember seeing a desk for something that seemed to be Jump Force's equivalent to Parallel Quests back during the Live Beta, so what's that like in the full game? Are there any skills or outfit pieces that you have to get from them, and if so, how bad is the RNG?
They are missions. Basically they are listed by difficulty. They usually just random fights with conditions /missions attached examples
Win
Win with 60% health left
Win with *insert character* on your team
Preform a *insert number* combo

As for drops they seem to be high number. If you get S you get something , A sometimes does. Though clothing rewards seem to have more of a RNG some are saying.

Rewards are moves , clothes ect ..

Second one I can't help with sadly as I only have 1 CAC

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 am

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:59 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
TobyS wrote:
SSJmole wrote:https://imgtc.com/i/fsuKYOO.jpg

Made my guy. Played through a little , I'm loving this game. I'm obviously on team goku
How big are the teams do you always have say, 4 people?
The player is asked to join one of three teams at the start of the game. There's an offensive team, a defensive team, and an espionage team. Each has a different team leader. Goku, I think, leads the defensive team, Team Beta.
So are there 3 different story lines slightly depending on which team your CaC joins? And you have to replay the game 3 times to see it all?

What team is Piccolo on?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm

TobyS wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
TobyS wrote:
How big are the teams do you always have say, 4 people?
The player is asked to join one of three teams at the start of the game. There's an offensive team, a defensive team, and an espionage team. Each has a different team leader. Goku, I think, leads the defensive team, Team Beta.
So are there 3 different story lines slightly depending on which team your CaC joins? And you have to replay the game 3 times to see it all?

What team is Piccolo on?
Not really, it just means in certain missions you'll have a different character fighting with you (Which doesn't make much difference story-wise) and you won't be able to learn the moves of those on the other teams.

Piccolo's on Goku's team
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TobyS wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

What team is Piccolo on?
Not really, it just means in certain missions you'll have a different character fighting with you (Which doesn't make much difference story-wise) and you won't be able to learn the moves of those on the other teams.

Piccolo's on Goku's team
I'm assuming that's just for the purposes of unlocking the skills without having to buy them, right? Like, any skills we don't unlock from being on the right team, we can then buy in the in-game store?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TobyS wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

What team is Piccolo on?

Piccolo's on Goku's team
Okay neat, so I read wikipedia and sadly spoiled a twist but one thing that was obvious is you beat and recruit more characters as time goes on.

Do the new characters join your team (or team of your choice), or is each character pre decided, like say ichigo always joins gokus team and Vegeta always joins luffys for example.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:06 pm

TobyS wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
TobyS wrote:

What team is Piccolo on?

Piccolo's on Goku's team
Okay neat, so I read wikipedia and sadly spoiled a twist but one thing that was obvious is you beat and recruit more characters as time goes on.

Do the new characters join your team (or team of your choice), or is each character pre decided, like say ichigo always joins gokus team and Vegeta always joins luffys for example.
Pre-determined.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 pm

So, I was looking at a list of the three different teams you can join and what characters join you over the course of the game, and I noticed that there's notably six different characters from the hero side of things that don't seem to be listed for any of the three teams - Kenshiro, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Kenshin, and Yusuke. Anyone know what's going on with those six? Are they like a fourth, unseen team you don't get to see much of; do they join whatever team you go with regardless of which one you picked; or are they barely in the story mode at all?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, I was looking at a list of the three different teams you can join and what characters join you over the course of the game, and I noticed that there's notably six different characters from the hero side of things that don't seem to be listed for any of the three teams - Kenshiro, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Kenshin, and Yusuke. Anyone know what's going on with those six? Are they like a fourth, unseen team you don't get to see much of; do they join whatever team you go with regardless of which one you picked; or are they barely in the story mode at all?
Other than the 6 you didn't know where did you find out about the rest? I didn't even get that far.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 pm

TobyS wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, I was looking at a list of the three different teams you can join and what characters join you over the course of the game, and I noticed that there's notably six different characters from the hero side of things that don't seem to be listed for any of the three teams - Kenshiro, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Kenshin, and Yusuke. Anyone know what's going on with those six? Are they like a fourth, unseen team you don't get to see much of; do they join whatever team you go with regardless of which one you picked; or are they barely in the story mode at all?
Other than the 6 you didn't know where did you find out about the rest? I didn't even get that far.
I'm still waiting on my copy to come in, so I don't know it for a fact (I've been avoiding gameplay videos, though I do already know a pretty major spoiler thanks to checking the BTVA page to check a few seiyuu I was curious about), but I was going off of the list here. From there, I just looked at the list of playable characters, removed villains (because I very highly doubt they'll be playable in the story mode), and then removed the characters on this list, and it just left those six unaccounted for. For what it's worth, this list also neglects to tell me what moves you get right away for one of the three teams, so...*shrug*
Twitter

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Say whatever you want about the graphics but I just LOVE the way the battle damage is portrayed in this game. My favorite is Frieza. Too bad the quality of Spike's games took a dive after BT3...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Got my copy in today, and got my first CAC created. And of course I went with the Gyt Kaliba name, because that's what I've basically always used as my online name and such (it's the same name my main CAC in Xenoverse 1 had, though that one may have just been 'Gyt').

Twitter

Zrorro

Post by Zrorro » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:09 pm

I really like the game as well. I had a very odd but funny thing happen in one of my matches with Frieza as a opponent. Here is a link to the video of it

https://youtu.be/bE53sxmwzIo

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 am

Picked up the game last night. Only got through the tutorial so this is FAR from a first impression. But is anyone having issues with the framerate? I'm playing on an admittedly older PS4 (white Destiny edition) so I dont know if that is the issue or not.

Also, character models so far look...kind of off? Again, i only just started so I'm mainly referring to Frieza, Goku, and Trunks

Otherwise, the game looks like itll be fun

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 am

I really like how they got Mayo Suzukaze to reprise Kenshin. Nozomu Sasaki's Yusuke sounds kinda odd though.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Don't know if anyone else has already discovered this themselves, but it seems you can get 'doubles', sort of, from the Missions that have clothing drops. They're only doubles in the sense though that you can get something you already have - because you already have it though, it basically just gives you one thing (or maybe even nothing, if you're down to only needing one thing), because there's no multiples to hold, or any way to sell excess items, soooo...that's a thing.
Twitter

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:02 pm

The ending is fucking weird and repetitive at the same time

Kanassa wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Dear GOD, these Missions that require you to keep your health above 60% are HELL. It is almost impossible to keep your health that high in a bunch of these, where the AI seems to know EXACTLY when to stop guarding and to beat the crap out of you viciously.
Twitter

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Apparently the DLC characters were leaked

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/rumo ... -datamined

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Hitsugaya Toshiro (Bleach)
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez (Bleach)
All Might (My Hero Academia)
Katsugi Bakugo (My Hero Academia)
Biscuit Krueger (Hunter X Hunter)
Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Trafalgar D. Water Law (One Piece)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Man...this game only came out on February 15th. Forgetting my previous post, nobody has posted anything here since only one week after it released. Not a post here in almost two weeks.

Does nobody give a shit about this game or something? I haven't played it myself but this thread is dead but the thread for Dragon Ball Heroes which is some card game with PS2 graphics is always active.