"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kogath

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kogath » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Didn't see anyone else post the English trailer, so here it is!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Figured this was coming eventually, but wouldn't have thought they'd use the hyped up Xenoverse 2/FighterZ thing just to announce it. Either way, I'm...concerned but excited? If that feeling makes any sense?

Like, I'm glad we're getting it and I'm definitely buying it and playing it, but man do I hope it explains itself better than the Hero Coliseum stuff in Xenoverse 2 (and is hopefully more fun to play than that). I finally delved into that again a bit after the last DLC, but it's just...not that much fun to me. At all. I'd much rather be playing Xenoverse 2 itself, or FighterZ, or Fusions (which still needs a sequel dammit). So if that's all I have to expect with this other than the fun of mashing up characters and techniques, then...eh? I dunno. Maybe further trailers will excite me more.

Also calling it now, Sealas will probably make his way into Xenoverse 3 (or more 2 DLC if 3's still not formally happening...) as a major character there as well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him announced as being added to FighterZ as well. Gotta keep that cross promotion going and all.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 pm

So, I'm taking a look at the cards this game will contain and I have a question for those who have played the previous titles: did those 3DS games have only the cards from the main set of a mission or did they include the special/promotional/extra/out of the main set cards as well?

For better understanding, this game will have Super Saiyan 3 Raditz as he is part of a main set (SEC card of SDBH1),

but my question is intended for characters like Super Saiyan 3 Nappa, since his only card is not part of a main set (as per the code of his card, that is "PBS-26"):

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 am

Grimlock wrote:So, I'm taking a look at the cards this game will contain and I have a question for those who have played the previous titles: did those 3DS games have only the cards from the main set of a mission or did they include the special/promotional/extra/out of the main set cards as well?
They had the promotional cards as well.

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 am

Part of me wanted Heroes to just stay in Japan, but I guess this had to happen eventually.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 am

Glad this is finally coming to the West, I'm a bit bored of all the fighting games from Dragon Ball. Yeah, FighterZ is fantastic but it needs some variety.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:53 am

Holy crap it's for PC as well?!

I'm so happy. I thought I was gonna have to buy a Switch. This is even better than what I had imagined.
KinguKurimuzon wrote:Part of me wanted Heroes to just stay in Japan, but I guess this had to happen eventually.
I think I understand that sentiment, but only in the sense that it's not the full Heroes package along with the arcade game. Fans might confuse the main arcade story with World Mission. But it's better than nothing.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 am

English Gameplay for those who don't wanna search through the entire stream

Odd stylistic change I noticed in this game. All other footage I've seen in other Heroes games has the fighters all flying above the level, but in this one, they're actually on the ground. Neat.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:28 am

Kanassa wrote:English Gameplay for those who don't wanna search through the entire stream

Odd stylistic change I noticed in this game. All other footage I've seen in other Heroes games has the fighters all flying above the level, but in this one, they're actually on the ground. Neat.
They're hovering above it still, look at 0:24 through to them coming to the level, they are just angled weirdly to the floor, with no shadows

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 am

Extremely ecstatic for this. I’ve always been a huge fan of the Heroes games and the basis behind them. Being a fan of mostly JRPGs when it comes to video games, they always resonated with me in a way as it has more of that type of feel. Completely opposite of the standard fighting game we usually see Dragon Ball be a part of, which I never stay interested beyond a certain point.

Anyone who has concerns and are just really trying to start understanding what this game is about, I would definitely go watch Ndukauba’s playlist on YouTube of, AT LEAST, Ultimate Mission X for the 3DS. He’s one of the few DB gaming channels that I’ve seen actually play through most, if not all, of this game and gives good commentary to it. If anything, it’ll give you a decent feel what the game is about. Of course, all the text is in Japanese but it’s more of a fee of the game if anything.

I feel like this game is similar to Hero Colosseum as well as something like Dokkan (for the Gacha aspect as well as passive skills and such) but it also quite different.

I know the game itself doesn’t get much love at all, whether it’s because of the fan servicey, over the top characters, the graphics, or what have you, but it is truely enjoyable. Hopefully we’ll get more gameplay videos as we get closer to release, or maybe even a demo of sorts. I’m hoping the game is a huge success, one of my favorite games in the DB series of games for sure.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

alakazam^ wrote:They had the promotional cards as well.
That is actually great news to me! That means this game will not miss a lot of characters (and their transformations) that only have out-of-main-set cards, like Super Saiyan 3 Nappa! :D Well, to be honest, since World Mission will only contain cards from SDBH1 to UM2 (plus the promotional cards), the game is still gonna miss a bunch of stuff (like Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks, Super Saiyan 2 Vegetto, Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta and way more), hopefully there will be a way to counter it, through Creation Mode, for example.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am

Grimlock wrote:
That is actually great news to me! That means this game will not miss a lot of characters (and their transformations) that only have out-of-main-set cards, like Super Saiyan 3 Nappa! :D Well, to be honest, since World Mission will only contain cards from SDBH1 to UM2 (plus the promotional cards), the game is still gonna miss a bunch of stuff (like Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks, Super Saiyan 2 Vegetto, Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta and way more), hopefully there will be a way to counter it, through Creation Mode, for example.
I'm gonna spend most of my time in that mode seeing what's the weirdest combination fo character transforming into other character I can find.

Also, hope we have an option to hide the UI so we can jsut see the animation of the battles
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 am

Not so much fan of that. I'll play it simple by just giving characters some transformations that even the arcade hasn't done yet. If the mode allows me to do that, of course. I don't think the previous game did, but I'm assuming and hoping it is the case here.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 am

Well, I'll take it! Very looking forward to playing this game now that we've got a confirmed overseas release!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am

Grimlock wrote:
World mission is going to contain all the characters from DBH1-SDBH UVM2, just not all the cards. Even though some of these characters don’t have cards they’ll still be in world mission. DBH1-GDM10 with promo cards had 240 characters and over 3300 cards(all are in UMX), world mission will have 350 characters and 1160 cards which means it’ll have all the characters from from original DBH plus 110 more. I believe world mission will let us create our own cards reasons I believe this because characters who don’t have cards in SDBH and only have cards in DBH(like Kuriza final form, Son Goku: child Saiyan armor(not br)) were shown during the gameplay at jump festa for ultimate creation mode and are even different card types than what their cards were released as(example is Son Goku: Child saiyan armor was a UR in JM6 and his card type is Berserk but in the Ultimate creation mode battle it is hero type) also in the 2nd Japanese trailer when they show ultimate creation mode you get a glimpse of the selecte screen for the different modes and ultimate creation mode’s icon is blank DBH cards!! :o

*edit* Forgot to mention the description for creation mode on the menu screen says “mode where you can create your own cards and missions so players around the world can also play them”

https://imgur.com/gallery/BNXgHGQ
Last edited by S3 Hendrix on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 am

I will say, I’m kinda not surprised by the Twitch chat reaction, which wasn’t especially great. I didn’t expect everyone to love the announcement but I mean .... wow.

In any case, hope people will keep an open mind and give it a shot. It isn’t Xenoverse 3 or FighterZ season 2 stuff but it is Dragon Ball, after all is said and done.

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

After watching some gameplay, this game seems fun and that mode where you can have any character do any move also seems like another reason to get this game. Even though my only experience with Heroes is through the anime, i still can't wait. :D
And This...is Vegito Blue!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Actually, my fiance and I just had a thought about this while looking at more screenshots earlier - do you think we'll be stuck playing as Beat, or will there be an option at the start of the game to play as a girl (so essentially Note) instead? Was that an option in the previous 3DS games? For that matter, would we be able to make our player character's avatar a race other than Saiyan if we wanted? Not sure if that was a thing in the previous games or not either.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm

So Shirasu was the first time patroller. That's interesting. It means while Chronoa did trick Trunks into working for her, that wasn't the first time. Probably, Shirasu was a good guy gone bad and started to deliver his own sense of justice. This theme is kind of getting redundant. They already did it for Zamasu who wanted to punish mortals based on his own sense of justice. The Galactic Patrol seems really old to have existed even 10 million years ago. I wonder how old this guy is.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:44 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
World mission is going to contain all the characters from DBH1-SDBH UVM2, just not all the cards. Even though some of these characters don’t have cards they’ll still be in world mission. DBH1-GDM10 with promo cards had 240 characters and over 3300 cards(all are in UMX), world mission will have 350 characters and 1160 cards which means it’ll have all the characters from from original DBH plus 110 more. I believe world mission will let us create our own cards reasons I believe this because characters who don’t have cards in SDBH and only have cards in DBH(like Kuriza final form, Son Goku: child Saiyan armor(not br)) were shown during the gameplay at jump festa for ultimate creation mode and are even different card types than what their cards were released as(example is Son Goku: Child saiyan armor was a UR in JM6 and his card type is Berserk but in the Ultimate creation mode battle it is hero type) also in the 2nd Japanese trailer when they show ultimate creation mode you get a glimpse of the selecte screen for the different modes and ultimate creation mode’s icon is blank DBH cards!! :o

*edit* Forgot to mention the description for creation mode on the menu screen says “mode where you can create your own cards and missions so players around the world can also play them”

https://imgur.com/gallery/BNXgHGQ
Interesting, so technically I could create my own cards to bring back old pre-SDBH characters. I wonder if this could make boss-only characters playable too. IIRC, Majin 21 isn't playable in UM2, but she is a boss fight.