"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Thanos6 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Why? Chronoa's incompetent, but she hasn't really done anything worthy of death and Sealas is clearly not ready to be deterred from his plans.
I have never and will never forgive her for what she did to Mirai Trunks: emotionally blackmailing him and lying to him to force him into her service. Completely unnecessarily, too; if she had just come to him and said "you're powerful and have experience with time travel, I need your help to stop some time-traveling villains" I can't imagine him turning her down. Instead she added yet more guilt on top of his already damaged mental state.

Also, when someone is incompetent and in a position of such great power and responsibility, they should step down. If not, that's when you perform a coup.
Emotional Blackmail is a bit of an exaggeration. And when someone is a bit incompetent, you don't murder them and go help their psycho ex, you do what Chronoa does and get people to help with the job.
Let's agree to disagree, then.

But I do wish more DB games let you play as a "bad guy." Not just canon villains like Freeza or Cell, but letting your original created character/avatar fight against the heroes and try to rule the universe or destroy everything or whatever.
Trunks & Goten forever

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:25 am

Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:22 pm
HeroR wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:45 pm
shadowfox87 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am Hmm, so another guy like Zamasu but doesn't at least he doesn't have a god complex and actually wants to destroy all evil, but unfortunately it involves destroying all current existence in the process so yea.
Zamasu wanted to destroy all evil too. The problem is that he saw all mortals as inherently evil and the gods were being sinful by not acknowledging their failure and getting rid of them.

So yeah, he’s Zamasu and he does have a bit of a god complex since the new existence will be oversee by him and his justice. Which is really no different than Zamasu.
I'd say it's a bit disingenuous to call him just Zamasu. Yes, he does have similar end goals (Though I would say 'I want to build a utopia without mortals' is different enough from 'I want there to be only one timeline where I'm allowed to do what I must to protect the innocent'), but his personality, style, and general interactions are vastly different to Zamasu.
I don’t doubt that. I just saying his motives are similar to Zamasu’s, even if he isn’t as nutty or a hypocrite.

Btw, is this game really good? I had no interest before, but I’m seriously considering getting this.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 am

Really enjoying this game, but how does this guy have all the cards already? :think: Am I doing something severely wrong? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI93qKypPNM

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:52 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 am Really enjoying this game, but how does this guy have all the cards already? :think: Am I doing something severely wrong? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI93qKypPNM
He's a PC player, he would have used Cheat Engine (which is already available.)
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am

HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:25 am I don’t doubt that. I just saying his motives are similar to Zamasu’s, even if he isn’t as nutty or a hypocrite.

Btw, is this game really good? I had no interest before, but I’m seriously considering getting this.
In my eyes, it's really good, been addicted the past few days, but I'd say it really depends on your preferences. The Strategy aspect is competently made, the deck building is satisfying, the game is filled to the brim with worthwhile content and the story itself is decent for an anime game.

I'd say the best way to put it is... If you enjoyed Fusions, you'd probably love this game too (I say as someone who didn't like Fusions).
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:39 am

Froze's Side Story had me laughing the entire time, bravo :clap:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:47 am

Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am I'd say the best way to put it is... If you enjoyed Fusions, you'd probably love this game too (I say as someone who didn't like Fusions).
That makes me feel pretty hopeful that I'll enjoy this then.

Does the game have a pretty decent tutorial (either like actually as a mode or just at the beginning of the story)? I've tried watching the explanation videos that Bandai was putting out, but this definitely seems like one of those games where I'll get the gist of it better with it actually in my hands rather than watching someone else play it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:59 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:47 am
Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am I'd say the best way to put it is... If you enjoyed Fusions, you'd probably love this game too (I say as someone who didn't like Fusions).
That makes me feel pretty hopeful that I'll enjoy this then.

Does the game have a pretty decent tutorial (either like actually as a mode or just at the beginning of the story)? I've tried watching the explanation videos that Bandai was putting out, but this definitely seems like one of those games where I'll get the gist of it better with it actually in my hands rather than watching someone else play it.
The opening chapter of the game is a long tutorial (That's skippable) including an extra set of missions there to teach you the mechanics.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:08 am

Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:59 am The opening chapter of the game is a long tutorial (That's skippable) including an extra set of missions there to teach you the mechanics.
Cool, sounds good then. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the game pretty quickly then. I probably won't get to mess with it till next week if I had to guess though, since it looks like my copy's not due to get here until Friday. :crazy:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 am

While I don't have the game, I finally saw someone play through the story and get to the part where they talk about Sealas finally. So Sealas tried to save a kid from Buu in the past, but it didn't alter history - Buu destroyed many worlds anyways. Sealas thought it's wrong not to try to save a life when given the chance, even if it changes the past.
https://youtu.be/RYErTEHT6Ik?t=1968

What doesn't make sense though is that Chronoa banished him to the "Time Abyss" (official translation now for the Crack of Time). I mean isn't Demigra already occupying the Time Abyss? He was sealed more than 75 million years ago. It's not like there's a lot of people in the Time Abyss, so the chance of Demigra meeting Sealas over that long of a time span - should be likely?
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:20 am

shadowfox87 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 am While I don't have the game, I finally saw someone play through the story and get to the part where they talk about Sealas finally. So Sealas tried to save a kid from Buu in the past, but it didn't alter history - Buu destroyed many worlds anyways. Sealas thought it's wrong not to try to save a life when given the chance, even if it changes the past.

What doesn't make sense though is that Chronoa banished him to the "Time Abyss" (official translation now for the Crack of Time). I mean isn't Demigra already occupying the Time Abyss? He was sealed more than 75 million years ago. It's not like there's a lot of people in the Time Abyss, so the chance of Demigra meeting Sealas over that long of a time span - should be likely?
I like to imagine Chronoa secretly has a horde of ex-employees and rivals in that abyss, all greeting Sealas with a 'Oh, she dumped you here too?'

Kanassa wrote:

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 am

shadowfox87 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 am While I don't have the game, I finally saw someone play through the story and get to the part where they talk about Sealas finally. So Sealas tried to save a kid from Buu in the past, but it didn't alter history - Buu destroyed many worlds anyways. Sealas thought it's wrong not to try to save a life when given the chance, even if it changes the past.

In the world mission original story from what I now demigra is free I’m not sure if he ever mentions the crack of time(because remember this original story is also a brand new continuity for heroes/the time patrol)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am
HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:25 am I don’t doubt that. I just saying his motives are similar to Zamasu’s, even if he isn’t as nutty or a hypocrite.

In my eyes, it's really good, been addicted the past few days, but I'd say it really depends on your preferences. The Strategy aspect is competently made, the deck building is satisfying, the game is filled to the brim with worthwhile content and the story itself is decent for an anime game.

I'd say the best way to put it is... If you enjoyed Fusions, you'd probably love this game too (I say as someone who didn't like Fusions).
Thanks. Part of what’s pushing me to buy is that I have been interested in Dragon Ball card games like Dokkan, Legends, and even the real life Dragon Ball Super card game for awhile, but I’m too cheap to invest. I’m not a FTP, person, so a more traditional game where I pay up front, but get all the cards are gained by in-game currency with no real world money is up my ally.

My only real issue are the graphics that can be described as HD Wii.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:20 am
I like to imagine Chronoa secretly has a horde of ex-employees and rivals in that abyss, all greeting Sealas with a 'Oh, she dumped you here too?'
So maybe it should be renamed to Rejection Zone? She doesn't look that bad anyways after she transforms.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm

HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm
Thanks. Part of what’s pushing me to buy is that I have been interested in Dragon Ball card games like Dokkan, Legends, and even the real life Dragon Ball Super card game for awhile, but I’m too cheap to invest. I’m not a FTP, person, so a more traditional game where I pay up front, but get all the cards are gained by in-game currency with no real world money is up my ally.

Yeah, how much you care about graphics is a big factor. To me, they're absolutely fine (Outside of a few instances where they just look weird, like any time Upgraded Note bends over, her pelvis looks like it's flying off), but I never really cared about graphics that much. Can you play old games like Budokai or Budokai Tenkaichi? Because I'd say if you can still play through old games despite their old graphics, you shouldn't have much trouble playing through a newer game (That's basically an upgraded port of an arcade game) with the same graphics.

Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Yeah, how much you care about graphics is a big factor. To me, they're absolutely fine (Outside of a few instances where they just look weird, like any time Upgraded Note bends over, her pelvis looks like it's flying off), but I never really cared about graphics that much. Can you play old games like Budokai or Budokai Tenkaichi? Because I'd say if you can still play through old games despite their old graphics, you shouldn't have much trouble playing through a newer game (That's basically an upgraded port of an arcade game) with the same graphics.
Not really a big graphic person, although I do enjoy pretty games. I've been a Nintendo gamer since the NES and haven't own another console except Nintendo, so I had a Wii when everyone else had HD consoles. And the PC games I have played aren't graphical masterpieces like WOW.

I just find it a little odd that Legends looks better than this game.
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm

HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:53 pm Not really a big graphic person, although I do enjoy pretty games. I've been a Nintendo gamer since the NES and haven't own another console except Nintendo, so I had a Wii when everyone else had HD consoles. And the PC games I have played aren't graphical masterpieces like WOW.

I just find it a little odd that Legends looks better than this game.
Legends isn't a long running arcade game that needs to have models that can do every complex animation that every other character has. We wouldn't have been able to get so many cards and customization in this game if they tried to make better looking models from scratch. Plus, there's a level of consistency in that it would come off as weird for the game's major audience, Japan, if it suddenly looked different from the arcade game.

Kanassa wrote:

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Best twist ever! lol

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm Best twist ever! lol
I mean... it was kinda given away at the very beginning with the way he fended off Cooler lol.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm Best twist ever! lol
I mean... it was kinda given away at the very beginning with the way he fended off Cooler lol.
Pshh, speak for yourself. I thought he was just a random made up character for DBH, like all the others. Glad to see there's at least some good stuff in the story. :lol: