"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:18 am

Apologies for the double post, but I had a quick question. Before I got done playing last night, I poked around in the shop and found where you can buy stickers for use to make custom cards. I noticed there were some missing numbers there though - for example, there would be like 'Frieza (First Form) 1' and 'Frieza (First Form) 3', with #2 missing. I know you can get some stickers as rewards from certain battles and such, but as far as those missing numbers go, is that where all of those are? Or do more stickers appear in the store as you get further in the game?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:18 am Apologies for the double post, but I had a quick question. Before I got done playing last night, I poked around in the shop and found where you can buy stickers for use to make custom cards. I noticed there were some missing numbers there though - for example, there would be like 'Frieza (First Form) 1' and 'Frieza (First Form) 3', with #2 missing. I know you can get some stickers as rewards from certain battles and such, but as far as those missing numbers go, is that where all of those are? Or do more stickers appear in the store as you get further in the game?
More are added as you complete chapters, however some can only be retrieved as rewards.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 am

I found the best team (so far) to farm rare gacha tickets in the Hero Stadium secret battle.

"UNBLOCKABLE One Punch Team! R1 AUTO WIN"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJdA7wYfjXA

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 am

First actual DLC for the game(not counting the BGM japan only DLC) will include the DBS broly BR characters from UVM5-UVM6 so there will be a lot of new cards and characters

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am

But do we know if the dlc will include UM3 and 4, too?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 am

anubisj wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am But do we know if the dlc will include UM3 and 4, too?

Just BR characters from the movie

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 am

No, all they've actually "announced" is a not-so-shadowy Broli "coming soon".

Unless any of the data mining is pulling out very specific card data, any UVM5 and UVM6 talk is simply because that's where the cards for this character and his surrounding material is originally from.

There have been no specific announcements about future Universe Mission additions, though Wataru Higuchi did mention in his 8th anniversary book interview that of course they'd like to include everything there is, but they also had to actually finish and ship a product.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:39 am

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 am No, all they've actually "announced" is a not-so-shadowy Broli "coming soon".

Unless any of the data mining is pulling out very specific card data, any UVM5 and UVM6 talk is simply because that's where the cards for this character and his surrounding material is originally from.

There have been no specific announcements about future Universe Mission additions, though Wataru Higuchi did mention in his 8th anniversary book interview that of course they'd like to include everything there is, but they also had to actually finish and ship a product.
I know This months V jump isn’t officially out yet, but that’s where

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am

Is there a card list for each set that you can "summon" from in the Gacha shop online? I have a couple characters I'd like to go for but don't knwo what set they're in

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

I hope they add all the UVM5 and 6 and not just the Broly cards because that would be really lame.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Huh, I actually had no idea there were further 'missions' release of cards that weren't in the game. I assumed Universe Mission 2 was the latest release. Wonder if they will add the other stuff as updates or DLC, or if it really is just the Broly thing coming.
Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 am More are added as you complete chapters, however some can only be retrieved as rewards.
I assumed that was probably the case, but it's good to have confirmation on that, thanks!
MKCSTEALTH wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am Is there a card list for each set that you can "summon" from in the Gacha shop online? I have a couple characters I'd like to go for but don't knwo what set they're in
There's this Youtube video that goes over every card in the game (though I THINK it's missing the very last card, because it's one less than what the game lists, so I had to look up what the other card would probably be). It's long and you have to pause a lot, but I used it to make myself a database on my computer of each card so I can keep track of what all I have/need. Which characters are you wanting to go far?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm
MKCSTEALTH wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am Is there a card list for each set that you can "summon" from in the Gacha shop online? I have a couple characters I'd like to go for but don't knwo what set they're in
There's this Youtube video that goes over every card in the game (though I THINK it's missing the very last card, because it's one less than what the game lists, so I had to look up what the other card would probably be). It's long and you have to pause a lot, but I used it to make myself a database on my computer of each card so I can keep track of what all I have/need. Which characters are you wanting to go far?
I would like to expand my roster of SSJ4s. I have Gogeta, Bardock, and Xeno Goku so far, but would like Vegeta, Broly, and Gohan. I'd also like Cumber but I don't need him right away. I lucked out with Golden Cooler pretty early, and I have the cards from the Hero Edition preorder

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:03 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 pm I would like to expand my roster of SSJ4s. I have Gogeta, Bardock, and Xeno Goku so far, but would like Vegeta, Broly, and Gohan. I'd also like Cumber but I don't need him right away. I lucked out with Golden Cooler pretty early, and I have the cards from the Hero Edition preorder
Let's see here...

Goku (GT) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH1 and UM1.
Goku (Xeno) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH7, SH8, UM2, and the Promos (including a base Goku (Xeno) card that can transform into SS4).
Vegeta (GT) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH1 and UM1.
Vegeta (Xeno) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH8 and the Promos.
Gogeta (GT) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in UM1 and UM2.
Gogeta (Xeno) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH8 and Promos.
Gohan (GT) (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH1, UM1, and Promos.
Bardock (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH7 and UM1.
Broly (Super Saiyan 4) cards can be found in SH1, SH6, and UM1.

As for Cumber (I believe that's who the game refers to as just 'Evil Saiyan', right?), his card can be found in UM2.
Twitter

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Merged Zamasu in the alternate story events is such a pain in the butt. He has high guard, attack three times and Supers every last one of them for massive damage, throws a Meteoroid that does 1000 damage for every attacker after the end of Round 1, always has 2200 Power Level making it hard to go first, and worst, the Ultimate Completion is beating him in 2 Rounds or less.

It took forever, but I did it by using UI Goku from UM1, Vegito Blue who has Lock On that 2x the normal damage, Grand Priest, Golden Cooler to raise my Power Level, Gogeta who gets a 3x increase and raises his Power Level, Super Saiyan 3 Vegito who for one Round does 3x damage and gives 2 Hero Energy, and a support to slow my CI down since Merged Zamasu like every boss lately has Intense Pressure. Even then, it took both Vegito and UI Goku to take Zamasu down since the rest of my units were doing peanuts damage. For reference, Berserk Goku who can usually kill anything only does 2500 damage to Merged Zamasu with his Dragon Fist.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm

The physical cards that come with the Hero Edition of this game, can they used/scanned into game? I get the feeling they are simply decorations.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 pm

GTx10 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm The physical cards that come with the Hero Edition of this game, can they used/scanned into game? I get the feeling they are simply decorations.
They're unrelated to the game, yes. They're not even 'Super Dragon Ball Heroes' cards, but 'Dragon Ball Super Card Game' cards.
Twitter

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:28 am

Asked and answered. Thank you sir for the reply. Well if I ever play that game I've got 5 Gogeta Blue cards so yay...?! (I was always terrible at Card games)

So has anyone found a good way to collect all the characters within the game? Or is it merely a matter of playing through the story and taking chances with the gauche (probably spelled wrong) machine? I would like to make decks that represent the eras of Dragon Ball. A Dragon Ball deck, a Z deck, a GT deck, maybe a Kai/TFC deck, a Super deck, and finally a DB Heroes deck.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am

GTx10 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:28 amSo has anyone found a good way to collect all the characters within the game? Or is it merely a matter of playing through the story and taking chances with the gauche (probably spelled wrong) machine? I would like to make decks that represent the eras of Dragon Ball. A Dragon Ball deck, a Z deck, a GT deck, maybe a Kai/TFC deck, a Super deck, and finally a DB Heroes deck.
The Gacha is pretty good (Like, you have a pretty high chance of getting good cards. Fuck, the most difficult part for me was getting the scrub cards I needed to do the side missions.) and the tickets to use it are easy to get, you even get more tickets from getting dupes as well as the game letting you see what cards in the set you haven't got yet.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am The Gacha is pretty good (Like, you have a pretty high chance of getting good cards. Fuck, the most difficult part for me was getting the scrub cards I needed to do the side missions.) and the tickets to use it are easy to get, you even get more tickets from getting dupes as well as the game letting you see what cards in the set you haven't got yet.
This + once you have all the cards of a set, it will show that it's been completed and the game won't let you buy from it anymore.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 am

Lek wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am
Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am The Gacha is pretty good (Like, you have a pretty high chance of getting good cards. Fuck, the most difficult part for me was getting the scrub cards I needed to do the side missions.) and the tickets to use it are easy to get, you even get more tickets from getting dupes as well as the game letting you see what cards in the set you haven't got yet.
This + once you have all the cards of a set, it will show that it's been completed and the game won't let you buy from it anymore.
Well, that glitched for me once when I really needed the Kale card for Note and I couldn't buy it...

Kanassa wrote: