"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

dualist
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 am

I was playing this game recently and I love the amount of characters and content but really wish the gameplay was different. If Bamco combined Fusion's gameplay with Heroes' content it would damn near be the perfect game.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
Aim
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Aim » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:35 am

Does anyone know why equipping characters with Super Attacks makes them lack sound? Plus there’s no base Future Gohan or anyway to get transform rush to actually transform your character. A little bit of a let down to be honest. Can’t even get the one handed version of the Kamehameha like Gohan has, you’d think equipping him with it would set that variable automatically.

Vegeta transforming into Evolved is in the game yet you can’t get the character that does it... :think:

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:58 pm

I'm thinking of getting this next month along with Resident Evil 3.

Since I've found myself like Quitela a lot recently, I plan t make custom cards of him if possible and build a what if team revolving around him trying to finally get revenge on Beerus and Universe 7.

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Do allies actually unlock 4th/5th decks? If so, when does Note? I feel tempted to give up, but I'm grinding just because I'm curious what the themed decks are, and there's no datamine online to tell me.

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:43 pm
Do allies actually unlock 4th/5th decks? If so, when does Note? I feel tempted to give up, but I'm grinding just because I'm curious what the themed decks are, and there's no datamine online to tell me.
Only 3 decks each.

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:08 am

ShadowVezon wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:43 pm
Do allies actually unlock 4th/5th decks? If so, when does Note? I feel tempted to give up, but I'm grinding just because I'm curious what the themed decks are, and there's no datamine online to tell me.
Only 3 decks each.
Damn really? Even when Bond is maxed out? That kinda sucks. Good to know if true though. the UI makes you think there's 5.

dualist
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Will there be any more updates to this game? There's a ton of content and I have less than half the cards, but would love to know if there are any more planned updates.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:21 pm

dualist wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm
Will there be any more updates to this game? There's a ton of content and I have less than half the cards, but would love to know if there are any more planned updates.
Seems like this game had its last breath. Won’t expect anything from it any time soon.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8838
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm

So, I've recently started playing the game again (more intently than I did before, at least until the Fairy Tail game comes out anyway), and I was looking through a list of all of the cards you can get. I then looked at a list of all of the custom cards you can make. Immediately something jumped out at me - neither list seemed to have Dr. Kochin, Mikokatsun, Ebifurya, Kishime, and the Bio-Men from DBZ movie 2. But I know for a fact that they're in the game because there's a match against them because I've seen it on one of the maps. I also didn't see Arale, but I swore I remembered seeing her in an early trailer. There's also the Neko Majin, who I fought three of already, but I didn't see them listed on either list.

So, are there...characters/cards you can fight against in the game, but you can't get or even make with the custom options? That's a little annoying if so.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm
So, I've recently started playing the game again (more intently than I did before, at least until the Fairy Tail game comes out anyway), and I was looking through a list of all of the cards you can get. I then looked at a list of all of the custom cards you can make. Immediately something jumped out at me - neither list seemed to have Dr. Kochin, Mikokatsun, Ebifurya, Kishime, and the Bio-Men from DBZ movie 2. But I know for a fact that they're in the game because there's a match against them because I've seen it on one of the maps. I also didn't see Arale, but I swore I remembered seeing her in an early trailer. There's also the Neko Majin, who I fought three of already, but I didn't see them listed on either list.

So, are there...characters/cards you can fight against in the game, but you can't get or even make with the custom options? That's a little annoying if so.

Whilst I don’t know the specifics, there are some characters considered as ‘boss’ characters that don’t have available cards in the actual arcade version (for example God Broly) - maybe it’s a similar situation here.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5480
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm
So, I've recently started playing the game again (more intently than I did before, at least until the Fairy Tail game comes out anyway), and I was looking through a list of all of the cards you can get. I then looked at a list of all of the custom cards you can make. Immediately something jumped out at me - neither list seemed to have Dr. Kochin, Mikokatsun, Ebifurya, Kishime, and the Bio-Men from DBZ movie 2. But I know for a fact that they're in the game because there's a match against them because I've seen it on one of the maps. I also didn't see Arale, but I swore I remembered seeing her in an early trailer. There's also the Neko Majin, who I fought three of already, but I didn't see them listed on either list.

So, are there...characters/cards you can fight against in the game, but you can't get or even make with the custom options? That's a little annoying if so.
Yeah, World Strongest really gets the shaft in games lately, Dokkan does thr same thing.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8838
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:57 pm

Actually, I just ended up finishing up for the night, and browsing through the Creation shop options again, and found some of those characters I mentioned before, as well as some others I was unaware of entirely being in the game, so...apparently the list I found claiming to be ALL of those options was anything but.

Anyone know where there's an actual complete listing?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm
So, are there...characters/cards you can fight against in the game, but you can't get or even make with the custom options? That's a little annoying if so.
I’ve been recently playing this game again too. I’ve been experimenting with capturing boss characters with the capture modules; I don’t really understand the rules of who can and can’t be captured, and I’ve only really tried in arcade mode, but it might be worth a look and see if you can. Then you’ll be able to summon that character for at least one round!
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:57 pm
Anyone know where there's an actual complete listing?
I think it shows some cards not available in the game, and the translations from Japanese are not great, but this is the closest I’ve got: http://sdbh.dbz.space/

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 am

So, Is this game getting a 6th free update or not ? The last free update came out in Jan

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am

Issei189 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 am
So, Is this game getting a 6th free update or not ? The last free update came out in Jan
At this point, almost certainly no.

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am

ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am
Issei189 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 am
So, Is this game getting a 6th free update or not ? The last free update came out in Jan
At this point, almost certainly no.
That's a bummer. I really wanna try the unreleased SS Cumber, Hearts and Broly BR : SS cards

dualist
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Issei189 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am
ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am
Issei189 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 am
So, Is this game getting a 6th free update or not ? The last free update came out in Jan
At this point, almost certainly no.
That's a bummer. I really wanna try the unreleased SS Cumber, Hearts and Broly BR : SS cards
That's definitely a bummer as it kinda sucks to have unreleased cards that could easily be made available in the game with an update. I'm 99% sure we won't get another update but it sure would be nice if we were wrong :D
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm

"Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.

dualist
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm

ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm
"Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm

dualist wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm
"Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
No. There are a couple versions of characters from later missions who are technically in the game - Broly (BR)'s higher forms, Gogeta (BR)'s lower forms and young Paragus (BR) - because they appear to have just copy and pasted the characters' entire folders when porting them over, but it's only characters added in the DLC that this applies for.

There's a couple UM3 characters who are partially in the game - Xeno Goku's Demigra Assault variant (they were replaced by the final assets when his card was added to the game) and Vegito's Prison Planet variant both have early assets in the code, presumably because they were in the folders when they were ported over - but Cumber is treated as a separate character internally to Evil Saiyan so none of his assets are present.

Post Reply