"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 am

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
Platform: Switch
Release Date: TBD

----

Set for a reveal in V-Jump. So expect a little bit more info later.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 am

Hmm.

The game only so far being stated to be on Switch is quite weird given how most portable Dragon Ball Heroes games have usually been on the 3DS and nothing else. Perhaps the surprising success of Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ on the Switch lead to Bandai deciding to put the game on that platform and potentially rake in more profit.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 am

The 3DS games were pushing their limits already, and now SDBH has come along and upped the graphics, number of playable characters on screen, etc. There was really nowhere else to go. Not like the Switch isn't portable itself, either.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:23 am

AHHHH they actually did it. I was worried that with 3DS ending it's life-span, Heroes wouldn't continue on Nintendo platforms.

So glad for the series to continue it's adventure on the Switch :clap:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:16 am

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Higher res scan, open in a new window for the highest res.
This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Is it still using the card feature for this? Either way, I'm excited and tempted to finally buy a switch
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Hoping it comes to the west as idove to play this

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.
Not including the legacy content is kind of enough of a reason to keep me from wanting it localized. The Demon Realm and Time Patrol story arcs started before the SDBH rebranding. Could people jump in and still get the gist? Sure, but I personally wouldn't want half the material missing. It's starting at DBZ instead of DB all over again...

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.
Not including the legacy content is kind of enough of a reason to keep me from wanting it localized. The Demon Realm and Time Patrol story arcs started before the SDBH rebranding. Could people jump in and still get the gist? Sure, but I personally wouldn't want half the material missing. It's starting at DBZ instead of DB all over again...
That was literally the best way to put it ever. On another note I’m extremely excited, can’t wait to play as super Saiyan Berserk Goku

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm

I really want this game but ... they could improve models

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Not including the legacy content is kind of enough of a reason to keep me from wanting it localized. The Demon Realm and Time Patrol story arcs started before the SDBH rebranding. Could people jump in and still get the gist? Sure, but I personally wouldn't want half the material missing. It's starting at DBZ instead of DB all over again...
Didn't the previous games rewrite the stories anyways? They could always write the story in such a way that makes it more understandable to a worldwide audience, or even just do an original story full stop.
I feel like it's now or never to get Heroes in the west.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

can't wait to know what the story is about

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm

So it’s not going to have all the cards, then? That’s disappointing to hear.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:15 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
I hope the game comes out in the west but starting in DBZ is what a lot of western fans did. I don't think that's any where bear as bad as the potential missing heroes content.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:22 pm

I see there is a Canton City-like hub world.
I wonder how much of it is explorable?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 pm

TDC, shouldn't you pin this thread if you bothered to start it in the first place?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Sinestro wrote:So it’s not going to have all the cards, then? That’s disappointing to hear.
It's Super Heroes cards only.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Draconic wrote:TDC, shouldn't you pin this thread if you bothered to start it in the first place?
I wasn't at home when I made it. And for whatever reason, my phone doesn't like the mod tools for the forum.
ArchedThunder wrote:Didn't the previous games rewrite the stories anyways? They could always write the story in such a way that makes it more understandable to a worldwide audience, or even just do an original story full stop.
I feel like it's now or never to get Heroes in the west.
The previous games had their own unique story mode with those characters, but also featured direct ports of the arcade missions to play. So you could go through the game's "original" story mode, or go back and play through the arcade versions and experience that version of the story as well. If World Mission is focusing only on SDBH up through UVM2, then the arcade material (presuming it's included as before) will start directly with the Demon Gods and Mechickaboola.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Does this look like a new character to anyone else?
There seems to be a resemblance to Cooler, but the head isn't right and the character seems to be holing a staff and I'm pretty sure they have a skirt on.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: The previous games had their own unique story mode with those characters, but also featured direct ports of the arcade missions to play. So you could go through the game's "original" story mode, or go back and play through the arcade versions and experience that version of the story as well. If World Mission is focusing only on SDBH up through UVM2, then the arcade material (presuming it's included as before) will start directly with the Demon Gods and Mechickaboola.
As long as it has it's own story that can be easily enjoyed by western fans I don't think it's a problem.
Some Heroes in the west is better than no Heroes.