"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:16 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 am They keep mentioning 350 heroes to play with - I'm assuming they're using that term loosely and that's counting the villains too, right? Also, is this seemingly including all characters from the current version of the arcade version of Heroes in Japan? If so, does anyone have a handy list of all the characters that would include then?
I assume that's character variations, like Bardock and Bardock: Xeno being two characters or Dark Masked Saiyan being separate from Vegeta. Some of the character divisions are downright wasteful.
Oh I'm sure. I'm almost wondering if each of the forms aren't also counted, like Super Saiyan Goku being a different character from Super Saiyan 3 Goku. I'm mostly curious though who all really is in the game, since from trailers we've seen people as obscure as Lord Slug's minions for Kami's sake. :shock: Like, even the nameless (at least in-film) one that he offs at the beginning of the freakin' movie. :lol: :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:38 pm

If they're going off the character names that Heroes cards have, forms won't be counted separately. And I think that would be the easiest thing to count from since the database could do that for you.

Of course it could easily just be a ballpark figure that's completely wrong, I'm pretty sure advertising has done that for games before. :lol:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Ahh, that's also very true. I mean, it's not a numerical fib like this one could be, but I remember Taiketsu and it's 'first video game featuring Broly' tagline. :lol:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 am

SSJmole wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pmNice lots of types. Thank you. Do you have a larger image so I can see the details of the models more?
I do not, but it seems a lot of them have the same abilities as they had in other games. The new addition, Demons, have a draining ability apparently.

A lot of people managed to get the game early and I'm gonna see if my local game shop has made the same mistake today :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:10 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 pm Does anyone know if the older games had content updates? Like do you think Grand Priest Goku will be in the game?
Anyone know??

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 am

Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:16 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 am They keep mentioning 350 heroes to play with - I'm assuming they're using that term loosely and that's counting the villains too, right? Also, is this seemingly including all characters from the current version of the arcade version of Heroes in Japan? If so, does anyone have a handy list of all the characters that would include then?
I assume that's character variations, like Bardock and Bardock: Xeno being two characters or Dark Masked Saiyan being separate from Vegeta. Some of the character divisions are downright wasteful.
Don't forget Majin Buu and Mr. Buu, two COMPLETELY different characters. :lol:
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 pm Does anyone know if the older games had content updates? Like do you think Grand Priest Goku will be in the game?
The 3DS games all had free updates that added new cards from newer sets, so I'm sure the same will happen with World Mission. UMX also had special custom missions uploaded by the people at Dimps.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:09 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 am The 3DS games all had free updates that added new cards from newer sets, so I'm sure the same will happen with World Mission. UMX also had special custom missions uploaded by the people at Dimps.
Thank you for the info!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 am
SSJmole wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pmNice lots of types. Thank you. Do you have a larger image so I can see the details of the models more?
I do not, but it seems a lot of them have the same abilities as they had in other games. The new addition, Demons, have a draining ability apparently.

A lot of people managed to get the game early and I'm gonna see if my local game shop has made the same mistake today :D

Ah fair enough thank you

Good luck with getting it

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:00 am

SSJmole wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm Nice lots of types. Thank you. Do you have a larger image so I can see the details of the models more?
Here's all the avatars and transformations from the official site of DBH:
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/play/hero_avatar.php

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:10 am

The demo is now live on the Japanese Switch store

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:37 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:00 am
SSJmole wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm Nice lots of types. Thank you. Do you have a larger image so I can see the details of the models more?
Here's all the avatars and transformations from the official site of DBH:
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/play/hero_avatar.php
Thank you

I'm annoyed UK eshop still doesn't have preorder , how am I meant to get preorder bonuses if I can't preorder?

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Guuuuuys I´m so hyped! There´s people that already have the game, and now it is all but confirmed that we do have all the DBH characters stickers and 3d models on the card creation mode! I don´t know about the skills, but damn, this means that we have a lot more characters than anticipated, we just need to recreate their cards with any stats we wish!!

On a sidenote, I was afraid they had cancelled the steam version, but thanks to Grimlock, I know now that it will be available on launch day.

Now I only fear 3 things:

-That for whatever reason the steam version doesn´t get all the switch version´s features, like dlcs or modes or whatever (I know this is unlikely to happen, but you never know).

-That all dlcs (with new cards etc) will only be available on the jp switch versions, like it is (as of now) with the anime music dlc.

-That they won´t release any new dlc at all (which would be a real bummer, let´s hope it sells well, I´m sure I´m not the only one who wants Heroes to come to the west).

I can hardly wait for the 5th of April :twisted:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm surprised by how much content there is in the demo

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:58 pm

What do you think the chances are that we'll also be getting the Demo here before the game is released?
Twitter

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 pm

It's very easy to make a Japanese nintendo account to play the demo right now. Here's a tutorial on how to download the JP demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdEYcfQgU8

It's pretty cool that your progress saves in the demo, but I'm not very good because of the Japanese text. It's still pretty self explanatory for the most part.
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:58 pm What do you think the chances are that we'll also be getting the Demo here before the game is released?
The JP demo was announced 2 weeks ago so there will most likely be no demo until maybe after the game is released.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 pm

The game is on Steam now, but like I said, we can't pre-order it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 pm The game is on Steam now, but like I said, we can't pre-order it.
And steam releases the game 1 day earlier

Kanassa wrote:

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 am

Still no news on eshop UK preorder to get bonus?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:31 am

The Dark Realm mission seems IMPOSSIBLE on the demo.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:26 am

The 3DS games had free updates. I remember that around the RoF Saga in Super we got SSGSS Goku, Vegeta and Golden Freeza in the second game. The third game got some ToP dudes.