"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:29 pm

If I’m remembering right, the last DBH for 3DS got quite a late update after a long period of nothing at all. Don’t write it off just yet! 😊
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:51 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
dualist wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm "Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
No. There are a couple versions of characters from later missions who are technically in the game - Broly (BR)'s higher forms, Gogeta (BR)'s lower forms and young Paragus (BR) - because they appear to have just copy and pasted the characters' entire folders when porting them over, but it's only characters added in the DLC that this applies for.

There's a couple UM3 characters who are partially in the game - Xeno Goku's Demigra Assault variant (they were replaced by the final assets when his card was added to the game) and Vegito's Prison Planet variant both have early assets in the code, presumably because they were in the folders when they were ported over - but Cumber is treated as a separate character internally to Evil Saiyan so none of his assets are present.
Still will we get these cards in an update in the future ?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm honestly disappointed with this game. I was expecting more updates. I was planning to buy it this year but seeing how this game is dead i probably won't. I expected them to add all the Prison Planet/Universal Conflict characters as well as Xeno Pan and Xeno Shadow Dragons.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:01 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:46 pm I'm honestly disappointed with this game. I was expecting more updates. I was planning to buy it this year but seeing how this game is dead i probably won't. I expected them to add all the Prison Planet/Universal Conflict characters as well as Xeno Pan and Xeno Shadow Dragons.
I'd still recommend buying as it has a ton of content. From what I understand, the previous games released on 3Ds came out with sequels over time instead of uodating the previous releases with all the new content. But this game has a ton for you to do, it's just tough seeing the improved stuff for the arcade version and know we aren't getting it anytime soon
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
dualist wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm "Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
No. There are a couple versions of characters from later missions who are technically in the game - Broly (BR)'s higher forms, Gogeta (BR)'s lower forms and young Paragus (BR) - because they appear to have just copy and pasted the characters' entire folders when porting them over, but it's only characters added in the DLC that this applies for.

There's a couple UM3 characters who are partially in the game - Xeno Goku's Demigra Assault variant (they were replaced by the final assets when his card was added to the game) and Vegito's Prison Planet variant both have early assets in the code, presumably because they were in the folders when they were ported over - but Cumber is treated as a separate character internally to Evil Saiyan so none of his assets are present.
You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game
Are you sure? I've been through all the stickers, and there's nothing in there for that version of Vegito.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:40 pm

ShadowVezon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game
Are you sure? I've been through all the stickers, and there's nothing in there for that version of Vegito.
It’s not a sticker it’s a back ground, it’s the same art on the UVM3 UR Goku ssjB card that fuses into Vegito blue. https://imgur.com/gallery/OMFoK7W

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:31 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:40 pm
ShadowVezon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm
It’s not a sticker it’s a back ground, it’s the same art on the UVM3 UR Goku ssjB card that fuses into Vegito blue. https://imgur.com/gallery/OMFoK7W
That explains why I didn't know about it, they seem to have quietly added it to the game in one of the updates for some reason.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am

I've been playing around with this again lately, and I'm even finally starting to tinker with some custom cards, which lead me to a quick question - when making a custom card, there's a bar you can fill or deplete to determine CI. I'm assuming that's for speed, so you'd want to turn that all the way down, right? I'm not 100% sure though since doing that doesn't take any of the custom points you have to spend on making cards better, but increasing the bar does take points. So...is it better to fill up that bar some?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am I've been playing around with this again lately, and I'm even finally starting to tinker with some custom cards, which lead me to a quick question - when making a custom card, there's a bar you can fill or deplete to determine CI. I'm assuming that's for speed, so you'd want to turn that all the way down, right? I'm not 100% sure though since doing that doesn't take any of the custom points you have to spend on making cards better, but increasing the bar does take points. So...is it better to fill up that bar some?
If by 'filling the bar' you mean spending points to move it to the left, then yes.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am

I dislike the Charge Impact bar. Thank goodness that the Inner Eye + some characters like adult gohan having the ability to lower the speed while in support + the item that has has at most 75% chance at reducing speed starting in Round 2. Also multi-strike when you are defending a dragon ball is ugh, especially if the enemy has dimensional pressure as well.
dualist wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 am I was playing this game recently and I love the amount of characters and content but really wish the gameplay was different. If Bamco combined Fusion's gameplay with Heroes' content it would damn near be the perfect game.
+ Xenoverse 2's graphical style and we got a winner.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:20 am

Nothing for the 10th anniversary, not even a mention
This game may not have sold as well as they wanted, otherwise why abandon it :cry:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:34 pm

The game did well, there more than likely will be a World Mission 2. They never put the latest content in the home versions of Heroes, it only gets little updates. The arcade game makes them a lot of money in Japan and they want people to play the arcade for the newer content.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Like Dragon Ball Fusions, extremely late to the party, but here I am. Finally bought this game!

Any tips/recommendation for accessories? I've been using that one that boosts all my stats and another one that recovers a bit of stamina. I've heard that there is an accessory (Potara-shape slot) that overrides the CAAs, is that true?

Also, will I unlock more characters/cards as I progress through the Story Mode? Cards from previous sets, I mean. I know the game won't provide more cards from the later sets of the Universe Mission series, probably. I'm at chapter 4, training with Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta, by the way.

And also, finally I was able to see Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks! Then again, he's only playable using the creation mode, so I don't know if he's legitimately there or I don't know, but still... Too bad there's no difference between it and his Super Saiyan form, though. After Gogeta, Vegetto and Trunks getting proper treatment, I was hoping Gotenks would've got it too.

Speaking of Super Saiyan 2, I noticed that even in the creation mode, I don't have any Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta figure... Which means he's unplayable for me right now. Will I get him if I continue progressing in the Story Mode?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:11 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 pm Like Dragon Ball Fusions, extremely late to the party, but here I am. Finally bought this game!

Any tips/recommendation for accessories? I've been using that one that boosts all my stats and another one that recovers a bit of stamina. I've heard that there is an accessory (Potara-shape slot) that overrides the CAAs, is that true?

Also, will I unlock more characters/cards as I progress through the Story Mode? Cards from previous sets, I mean. I know the game won't provide more cards from the later sets of the Universe Mission series, probably. I'm at chapter 4, training with Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta, by the way.

And also, finally I was able to see Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks! Then again, he's only playable using the creation mode, so I don't know if he's legitimately there or I don't know, but still... Too bad there's no difference between it and his Super Saiyan form, though. After Gogeta, Vegetto and Trunks getting proper treatment, I was hoping Gotenks would've got it too.

Speaking of Super Saiyan 2, I noticed that even in the creation mode, I don't have any Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta figure... Which means he's unplayable for me right now. Will I get him if I continue progressing in the Story Mode?
The potara accessory does indeed override the CAA if applied. You'll unlock cards here and there in Story Mode, but the main method is the shop and the Hero Lab's missions done by Lulu. You can buy SSJ2 Gogeta in the shop as a customization card, but you have to complete the entire story to unlock everything in the shop for purchase. You cannot get him as a regular card. Same goes for SSJ2 Adult Gotenks. Here's a tip for ya. Golden Great Ape Gogeta can be transformed into by any character using the item Great Ape of Destiny once you buy it in the shop.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 am

Thank you but by this time I got everything I wanted and already finished the game. Months have passed since I made that post. :lol:

I was able to finally get some nice screenshots and images I've always wanted but couldn't since there were no videos and people use cameras to record the arcade so the quality was terrible. Made some dream teams and got a lot of fun, too bad you can't use them in that mode where you play the arcade missions (forgot the name), you can only use original cards, real bummer.

Hopefully Dimps announces a sequel eventually.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 am Thank you but by this time I got everything I wanted and already finished the game. Months have passed since I made that post. :lol:

I was able to finally get some nice screenshots and images I've always wanted but couldn't since there were no videos and people use cameras to record the arcade so the quality was terrible. Made some dream teams and got a lot of fun, too bad you can't use them in that mode where you play the arcade missions (forgot the name), you can only use original cards, real bummer.

Hopefully Dimps announces a sequel eventually.
I’d love a sequel, the Goku Black cards in this game are shit.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 02, 2021 11:40 am

Well, I didn't use Goku Black so I wouldn't be able to tell. Coming to think of it, I should probably come up with a card to give him Genki-Dama, would be interesting!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:18 am

Late to the party.

Bought this game for bargain now on Steam. It chews so much time and the mechanics are crazy so I get lost a bit and for a simple game for kids, the difficulty in power level is quite brutal, to also achieve ultimate goals.

Also, it will take ages to get all the cards through the gacha system, of course it will, still have no idea what DBH, SDBH and Ultimate Mission cards are :lol:

Question - is there some quick way to level up fast? Is there a way to influence the speed of the button gauge?
Was trying to win all the struggles with Tenshinhan in extra story to reach ultimate, but the gauge is superfast and always missing one.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:35 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:18 am Also, it will take ages to get all the cards through the gacha system, of course it will, still have no idea what DBH, SDBH and Ultimate Mission cards are :lol:

Question - is there some quick way to level up fast? Is there a way to influence the speed of the button gauge?
Was trying to win all the struggles with Tenshinhan in extra story to reach ultimate, but the gauge is superfast and always missing one.
It's not really that long, you get tickets for the gacha machine pretty frequently and the drop rates aren't connected to microtransactions so they're not obscenly low. The lables are simply the arcade missions that the cards originally appeared in.

Custom Mode is broken if you want to level up easily as people have made 'Extreme Difficulty' rated battles that are actually super easy to do and give you tons of xp and items.

There's various items you can get as you progress that will slow down the button gauge, check the accesory store.

1. The Dragon Balls are Mine - Cost: 5000 zeni
- Decrease own Cl speed. Permanent.
2. Control Ring - Cost: 5000 zeni
- When a supporter, decrease Cl speed of all attackers on own team. Additionally, effect increased on Broly. Repeatable.
3. Solid Battle Plan - Cost: 9000 zeni
- When a supporter, decrease Cl speed of all attackers on own team. Repeatable.
4. Search System - Cost: 9000 zeni
- Slightly decrease own Cl speed. When attacking, attack the highest Cl speed. Repeatable.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017