"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:...Great Saiyaman 3 is totally going to be Trunks

Or Tapion.
He's a Charisma, most likely not a Dragon Ball character.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:...Great Saiyaman 3 is totally going to be Trunks

Or Tapion.
He's a Charisma, most likely not a Dragon Ball character.
For anyone confused by this phrase, "charisma" is sometimes used as a word for celebrity in Japanese, much like "talent." "Charisma" has a few more ties to SDBH, though, as it's been used in promotional material and in the name of Nagayama's gag promotional back-up comic (Charisma Mission).

Anyway, yeah, the idea is that he's an SDBH-related celebrity in the real world. Since DB characters are escaping from the game somehow, though, I'd say it's pretty likely he could be one in disguise, as a twist.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 am

The World Mission website just added pages for the story, creation and tutorial modes.

Translation from Gemastu:
Story

This is the story of a new “Hero” in the world of Dragon Ball.

This is a world where the super warriors that were once active are now treated as heroes. With the technology of Capsule Corporation, a card game called “Super Dragon Ball Heroes” based on those super warriors was developed.

A boy named Beat, who visits Hero Town—where “Super Dragon Ball Heroes” is the biggest craze—is captivated by the “Super Dragon Ball Heroes” tournament shown on the video display in town, and steps into that world.

Beat: A Boy Who Visits Hero Town

A boy who encounters “Dragon Ball Heroes” for the first time upon visiting Hero Town. He enters a tournament out of curiosity, where Great Saiyaman 3 recognizes his qualities. As one of the “Dragon Ball Heroes,” he will change the fate of the world in a big way.

Great Saiyaman 3: The Charismatic Master of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes”

A mysterious hero and the charismatic master of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes” in Hero Town. He picks up on the disasters occurring in the world and is looking for someone to face the threat alongside him.

The suddenly lost real world and the game world, and the qualities of the hero tested within it.

“Will you lend me your strength?”

The existence of a card game led to villainous super warriors suddenly appearing in the real world!

Disasters seem to occur even in the in-game Dragon Ball history!

Go to the game world from the “Hero Lab” with the “Hero Switch,” which is equipped with the functionality to “transfer to the game world.”

Become one of the “Dragon Ball Heroes” alongside friends and save the world!

Mode: Original Mission

A Super Dragon Ball Heroes Created by You

Create, share, and play original missions with the cards you collected!

Many missions exist in Super Dragon Ball Heroes for you to challenge. Depending on the missions you choose, the characters that fight, the number of characters, and their strength will change, and you will be able to experience various Dragon Ball battles the more you fight.

Create

Create your own strongest deck by freely mixing and matching the cards you obtained. Set things like character strength and movements per turn, mission clear conditions, and more as you like.

Enhanced in Super Dragon Ball Heroes include:
  • Special Move Accessories – Customize your favorite characters with your favorite special moves. (For example, give Trunks “Kaioken x20 Super Spirit Bomb” or Zamasu “Hakai") Create your very own Dragon Ball.
  • Charge Impact Settings Enhanced – Set Charge Impact according to five stage settings for four types. Choose from the four types and set the strength for each type. The four types are “Attack Type,” “Defense Type,” “Balance Type,” and “Gamble Type.”
  • Many other items can also be adjusted – Create your very own dream missions with detailed settings.
  • Set Play Restrictions – Limit the number of cards and the rarity of cards.
  • Set Background Music – The Super Dragon Ball Heroes theme music is also implemented.
  • Set Rewards – Choose and set rewards from five types.

Make the missions you create public for everyone to see. By making your missions public, players can play your mission to get rewards. Try to create a popular mission and make it to the top of the rankings!

Play

Play the various missions created by your rivals. Choose a popular mission or choose a random one. How you play is up to you!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 am

That Great Saiyaman 3 does have some Uchuu Keiji vibe I like it :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 am

My hype level is growing...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Time to make Reincarnation Yamcha with Ultra Instinct abilities. Also, does it seem like we'll be able to use the other Avatars as our own? I've never played any of the 3DS games.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

full scan where? because it looks like there's more than one of 'not hit cooler fusion'

I would merge the names but that pun just isn't riech for this community.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:40 pm

So Predator/Knuckles/Kit Fisto guys is named「シーラス」(Shīrasu) Cirrus. And no don't call him Milley because he is no joke. Cirrus - The Executer of Dreadful "Justice". Suddenly Appearing in the "Time Shell".He has the Ability to Overwhelm Trunks. His Special Skill is Bōjutsu (Using Stick as a Weapon). With being Expert of Martial Arts, he also has learned various transcending Acrobatic Techniques.

Source of these information GovetaXV Twitter:
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1075442685685559296

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:41 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:full scan where?
In the February 2019 issue of V-Jump, available on Japanese store shelves Friday, December 21.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So Predator/Knuckles/Kit Fisto guys is named「シーラス」(Shīrasu) Cirrus. And no don't call him Milley because he is no joke. Cirrus - The Executer of Dreadful "Justice". Suddenly Appearing in the "Time Shell".He has the Ability to Overwhelm Trunks. His Special Skill is Bōjutsu (Using Stick as a Weapon). With being Expert of Martial Arts, he also has learned various transcending Acrobatic Techniques.

Source of these information GovetaXV Twitter:
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1075442685685559296
so Zamasu version 2, Timespace boogaloo

unlike trunks he don't chuckle, he's rather flex his muscles?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Is Toyotaro like the Galatic Patrol guy now? This new guy, the new manga arc...
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Image
Hit Blanco?

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 am

Full page is up now.
Source:
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 4683117568

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 am

I'll include the full translation here so people don't have to keep jumping over to my Twitter. (It's not my intent to force people to do that.)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 am

Is this the cover for the game? Such a gorgeous image! :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:55 am

Cipher wrote:I'll include the full translation here so people don't have to keep jumping over to my Twitter. (It's not my intent to force people to do that.)
Are you sure that the pun you put on note
*(Note: “Shirasu”白子 is a type of sardine, aligning this character’s name with other packaged-fish-goods-based name puns in the Galactic Patrol. シーラス (shiirasu) elongates the first vowel.)*
Is really based on this sardine and not on the cloud (Cirrus) because on the japanese wikipedia we have also that exact katakana シーラス use for the cloud type called Cirrus. I also find a type of light airplane. Is that explained on the scan or is it just your own assumption ? Based on the katakana ?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:13 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
*(Note: “Shirasu”白子 is a type of sardine, aligning this character’s name with other packaged-fish-goods-based name puns in the Galactic Patrol. シーラス (shiirasu) elongates the first vowel.)*
Is really based on this sardine and not on the cloud (Cirrus) because on the japanese wikipedia we have also that exact katakana シーラス use for the cloud type called Cirrus. I also find a type of light airplane. Is that explained on the scan or is it just your own assumption ? Based on the katakana ?
It's my own assumption. I was aware it was 1:1 with "cirrus," but because 1) Dragon Ball hardly ever employs name puns that are 1:1 with their source (usually at least one character is swapped around, dropped, or elongated), and 2) both other named Galactic Patrol members in Dragon Ball have seafood puns for names, one of whom was also created by Toyotaro, I am fairly confident it comes from "shirasu."

Fairly confident, though. Not one-hundred percent. It's hard to narrow any DB names down with certainty unless there's a statement of intent, but in this case we at least have a general naming scheme for the group he's part of.

If the game comes out and there are multiple cloud-pun characters connected to him, though, obviously I'd change my mind. And we'll have the Australian English version to check too, which might use an Anglicization handed down from Shueisha that could help solidify the pun.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:49 am

Cipher wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
It's my own assumption. I was aware it was 1:1 with "cirrus," but because 1) Dragon Ball hardly ever employs name puns that are 1:1 with their source (usually at least one character is swapped around, dropped, or elongated), and 2) both other named Galactic Patrol members in Dragon Ball have seafood puns for names, one of whom was also created by Toyotaro, I am fairly confident it comes from "shirasu."

Fairly confident, though. Not one-hundred percent. It's hard to narrow any DB names down with certainty unless there's a statement of intent, but in this case we at least have a general naming scheme for the group he's part of.

If the game comes out and there are multiple cloud-pun characters connected to him, though, obviously I'd change my mind. And we'll have the Australian English version to check too, which might use an Anglicization handed down from Shueisha that could help solidify the pun.
I see we will have to wait for being 100% sure then. And since this game will come out world wide I think we will have a clear answer soon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Supreme Kai of Time has an unusual relationship with this guy? Aside from the obvious joke, wanna bet this guy was the Patroller before Trunks?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Chronoa sure is unlucky with guys. I.e. Demigra and Mechikabura.