"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Kanassa wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Does anyone know how mission creator works? I've been curious since I saw and I got it wrong earlier with how I assumed
AS far as I can tell:
You choose a stage
You choose the opponents
You choose their buffs
You choose the victory and defeat conditions
You choose whether certain mission mechanics are in place
You choose the opponent's general strategy
You choose the music
You choose the name
Ah makes sense. I hoped we could add story somehow lol sounds fun though

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Does anyone know how mission creator works? I've been curious since I saw and I got it wrong earlier with how I assumed
AS far as I can tell:
You choose a stage
You choose the opponents
You choose their buffs
You choose the music
You choose the name
Believe me, I wish we could add dialogue and maybe some basic cutscenes. Perhaps the modding community will be able to make that a possibility.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
How do you know that?? was it confirmed somewhere?? won't be surprised at all if true but just making sure.
Not said, but very likely.
It would unrealistic to expect it and if it were possible you bet your ass we would have seen it in the advertisements for Creation mode.
I think you might be right. Here, unlike the other CAA's, Kaioken is just Kaioken rather than "Switch to (Character/Transformation)".

Maybe there could also be stuff like Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 but only for saiyans like in Xenoverse, it's not like we see the complete list of options there.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:48 am

Kanassa wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Kanassa wrote: AS far as I can tell:
You choose a stage
You choose the opponents
You choose their buffs
You choose the music
You choose the name
Believe me, I wish we could add dialogue and maybe some basic cutscenes. Perhaps the modding community will be able to make that a possibility.

Yeah or at very least a description as to why the fights happening

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 am

This new mode is amazing, i always wanted to create my own cards.
I'll do a card full of ss3/ss4 xD

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:33 am

Honestly, the more and more I see about this game, the more and more hyped I get for it. So happy we are getting a localization for it

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:42 am

So with the localization of this game, lots of characters will finally have an official translation for their names. I've seen some alternate spellings for "Mechikabura", but thankfully they stick with the best one.
Of all Heroes characters that appeared in the trailer, there were only Mechikabura and Putine, she also stick with that spelling by the way. Also, is this the first time Gotan is spelled "Gotan" in an English material? Isn't "Gokule"?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 am

Hi everybody,

I´m definitely getting this for pc, but still, I would like to know some things beforehand, so my expectations are not too high/low. I´m hoping some of the DBH experts can fill me in, because I´m really confused.

As I understand, the game will only have cards from SDBH onwards, 1-8 and UM 1-2. I´m only interested in canon characters, which means that I will miss some characters from later UMs (like Lucifer from the DB movie), but they could possibly release dlc, so I´m not too worried.

However, that also means that there won´t be any DBH cards, and therefore, there will be plenty of canon characters that won´t be featured in the game. Or at least that was my impression before reading this thread.

Apparently, this game will have more characters than UMX, which comprised all the DBH characters. That´s when I started to get confused, I mean do the first SDBH missions have more characters/cards than the whole previous game?

Still, even if that were to be the case, there´s the "card edit" feature. It allows you to make custom cards, which is neat, but I don´t really know how it works. I saw the trailer, and it appears that you can add character illustrations to the card (as well as customize the stats etc) selected from a library. The weird thing is that characters like Salt (garlick jr minion, who I searched and didn´t see in the SDBH card list) also have an illustration, per the trailer. Does that mean that you can actually create Salt? Because you can add multiple illustrations to the card, but, presumably, there´s only one model represented in game, one model per card, right?. So either Dimps created a ton of 3d models only for the "card edit" mode, or some character illustrations can only be added as "extra" illustrations, and not as the "main" illustration (which is then featured as the 3d model of the card).

Now, if I got that correctly (which I probably didn´t :roll: ), dimps making all those custom 3d models just for edit mode seems a bit wishful thinking from my part, but I guess it could be possible. Also, if that´s the case and I make, say, a Salt card and Salt appears on the screen when I use the card, what attacks will he have? Will I be able to add the technique that Salt had in DBH, with custom animations and all? Or just generic ki attacks? I don´t even know Salt´s "ultimate attack" or whatever, but I recall that every character in UMX had a special movement or something. So, in essence, will I be able to make the exact same card as in UMX?

I realize I could sum up my entire post with that last sentence :shifty: , but I´m totally lost here, and I need to express my anguish before the void of ignorance that surrounds me devours me utterly, and the sheer number of doubts shatter my mind as if doom itself had come knocking at my door, sending my sanity to the one place where it can´t be recovered, and slowly vanishing my soul, just as a memory fading into sweet oblivion, into the emptiness from which we all come...

No, seriously, I need help with this matter. Also with other things, as you probably realized already. :)

StalkerUKCG

Post by StalkerUKCG » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:53 am

So to be clear the game only goes to UVM2 right?

No Broly:BR characters or the best parts of the Prison Planet arc with Kanba out of his bondage gear and golden cooler and UI Capsule Corp Goku?

Kind of lame tbh

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:54 am

anubisj wrote:Hi everybody,

I´m definitely getting this for pc, but still, I would like to know some things beforehand, so my expectations are not too high/low. I´m hoping some of the DBH experts can fill me in, because I´m really confused.

As I understand, the game will only have cards from SDBH onwards, 1-8 and UM 1-2. I´m only interested in canon characters, which means that I will miss some characters from later UMs (like Lucifer from the DB movie), but they could possibly release dlc, so I´m not too worried.

However, that also means that there won´t be any DBH cards, and therefore, there will be plenty of canon characters that won´t be featured in the game. Or at least that was my impression before reading this thread.

Apparently, this game will have more characters than UMX, which comprised all the DBH characters. That´s when I started to get confused, I mean do the first SDBH missions have more characters/cards than the whole previous game?

Still, even if that were to be the case, there´s the "card edit" feature. It allows you to make custom cards, which is neat, but I don´t really know how it works. I saw the trailer, and it appears that you can add character illustrations to the card (as well as customize the stats etc) selected from a library. The weird thing is that characters like Salt (garlick jr minion, who I searched and didn´t see in the SDBH card list) also have an illustration, per the trailer. Does that mean that you can actually create Salt? Because you can add multiple illustrations to the card, but, presumably, there´s only one model represented in game, one model per card, right?. So either Dimps created a ton of 3d models only for the "card edit" mode, or some character illustrations can only be added as "extra" illustrations, and not as the "main" illustration (which is then featured as the 3d model of the card).

Now, if I got that correctly (which I probably didn´t :roll: ), dimps making all those custom 3d models just for edit mode seems a bit wishful thinking from my part, but I guess it could be possible. Also, if that´s the case and I make, say, a Salt card and Salt appears on the screen when I use the card, what attacks will he have? Will I be able to add the technique that Salt had in DBH, with custom animations and all? Or just generic ki attacks? I don´t even know Salt´s "ultimate attack" or whatever, but I recall that every character in UMX had a special movement or something. So, in essence, will I be able to make the exact same card as in UMX?

I realize I could sum up my entire post with that last sentence :shifty: , but I´m totally lost here, and I need to express my anguish before the void of ignorance that surrounds me devours me utterly, and the sheer number of doubts shatter my mind as if doom itself had come knocking at my door, sending my sanity to the one place where it can´t be recovered, and slowly vanishing my soul, just as a memory fading into sweet oblivion, into the emptiness from which we all come...

No, seriously, I need help with this matter. Also with other things, as you probably realized already. :)
Here’s the way I’ve been wording the answer to this question on the forum, the game only has cards up to UVM2 but will feature all the characters from original heroes up to UVM2 and we’ll be able to play as them through the card creation feature, you’ll be able to give the custom card any special attack, effect, CAA/TAA And unit

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 am

StalkerUKCG wrote:So to be clear the game only goes to UVM2 right?

No Broly:BR characters or the best parts of the Prison Planet arc with Kanba out of his bondage gear and golden cooler and UI Capsule Corp Goku?

Kind of lame tbh
Golden cooler is in, possible UI CC Goku because as grimlock pointed out we may be able to give characters in alternative costumes(ex CC Goku is still just normal Son Goku in game but an outfit change) as long as one of their models already has that form(an example is ssj bardock:xeno in his time patrol outfit when we’ve only seen ssj bardock xeno in his demon realm armor) but yeah we’ll only have the evil saiyan form of Cumber but this game also has an original story so it’s possible they’ll cover their own version of prison planet. But yeah no DBS Broly content

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:49 pm

So, do we know the full roster yet? Or at least an estimation on the number of playable (card) characters?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:So, do we know the full roster yet? Or at least an estimation on the number of playable (card) characters?
Every character up to UVM2 is in

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Apparently a recent Famitsu article confirmed what arcade missions are in the game:
  • God of Destruction Beerus Arc
  • Golden Frieza Arc
  • God of Destruction Champa Arc
  • Merged Zamasu Arc
  • Demon Goddess Towa Arc
  • Cell-X Arc
  • Super Bardock Arc
  • Universal Survival Beginning Arc
  • Dark Majin Buu Arc
  • Coming to the Present Arc
  • Mechikabura's Descent Arc
  • Universal Survival Recruitment Arc
  • Tournament of Power Arc
  • Xeno Janemba Arc
  • Super Namekian Arc
  • Broly Dark Arc
  • ToP Fighters Arc
  • Society Survival Arc Part 1
  • Society Survival Arc Part 2
  • ToP Climax Arc
  • Mechikabura Revival Arc
  • ToP Finale Arc
  • Prison Planet Arc
  • Android 21 Arc
Weirdly enough, I'm pretty sure those first 3 are pre-SDBH missions. Also, the UM2 Prison Planet Arc isn't present for some reason.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Apparently a recent Famitsu article confirmed what arcade missions are in the game:
  • Golden Frieza Arc
  • Merged Zamasu Arc
  • Demon Goddess Towa Arc
  • Cell-X Arc
  • Super Bardock Arc
  • Dark Majin Buu Arc
  • Xeno Janemba Arc
  • Super Namekian Arc
  • Broly Dark Arc
  • ToP Fighters Arc
  • ToP Climax Arc
  • ToP Finale Arc
  • Prison Planet Arc
  • Android 21 Arc
Weirdly enough, I'm pretty sure those first 3 are pre-SDBH missions. Also, the UM2 Prison Planet Arc isn't present for some reason.
Nah when SDBH released SH1 they also remade BoG, ROF, And U6 vs U7 for people to play through. The UVM2 prison planet stuff will still be in just prison planet there wasn’t a separate set of missions till UVM3

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:35 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Apparently a recent Famitsu article confirmed what arcade missions are in the game:
  • Golden Frieza Arc
  • Merged Zamasu Arc
  • Demon Goddess Towa Arc
  • Cell-X Arc
  • Super Bardock Arc
  • Dark Majin Buu Arc
  • Xeno Janemba Arc
  • Super Namekian Arc
  • Broly Dark Arc
  • ToP Fighters Arc
  • ToP Climax Arc
  • ToP Finale Arc
  • Prison Planet Arc
  • Android 21 Arc
Nah when SDBH released SH1 they also remade BoG, ROF, And U6 vs U7 for people to play through. The UVM2 prison planet stuff will still be in just prison planet there wasn’t a separate set of missions till UVM3
Huh, that's pretty weird, but neat none the less.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:53 pm

• Golden Frieza Arc
  • Merged Zamasu Arc
  • Demon Goddess Towa Arc
  • Cell-X Arc
  • Super Bardock Arc
  • Dark Majin Buu Arc
  • Xeno Janemba Arc
  • Super Namekian Arc
  • Broly Dark Arc
  • ToP Fighters Arc
  • ToP Climax Arc
  • ToP Finale Arc
  • Prison Planet Arc
  • Android 21 Arc
Ah, so it goes through a lot of the Arcade game's missions?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Kanassa wrote:
  • Golden Frieza Arc
  • Merged Zamasu Arc
  • Demon Goddess Towa Arc
  • Cell-X Arc
  • Super Bardock Arc
  • Dark Majin Buu Arc
  • Xeno Janemba Arc
  • Super Namekian Arc
  • Broly Dark Arc
  • ToP Fighters Arc
  • ToP Climax Arc
  • ToP Finale Arc
  • Prison Planet Arc
  • Android 21 Arc
Ah, so it goes through a lot of the Arcade game's missions?
Just the Super DBH ones, but it's still a good handful.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:56 pm

If that turns out to be correct, it'll only make me miss GDM3 and GDM4 missions even more, as they provide some great shots for Super Saiyan 2 Bardock and Trunks. I took it back then but the images were not so good, also because Heroes hadn't been updated yet.

Well, I'm gonna miss Super Saiyan 2 stuff, but I'll get a little more of Gine in Super Bardock saga! :D
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:16 am

Grimlock wrote:If that turns out to be correct, it'll only make me miss GDM3 and GDM4 missions even more, as they provide some great shots for Super Saiyan 2 Bardock and Trunks. I took it back then but the images were not so good, also because Heroes hadn't been updated yet.

Well, I'm gonna miss Super Saiyan 2 stuff, but I'll get a little more of Gine in Super Bardock saga! :D
Well, let's hope the card customization lets ya play as them.

That reminds me, now that Special-type cards are a thing, how's that gonna work for custom cards? Those supports and giants could be pretty hard to implement with different attacks...