"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:29 pm

If I’m remembering right, the last DBH for 3DS got quite a late update after a long period of nothing at all. Don’t write it off just yet! 😊
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:51 am

ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
dualist wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm
"Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
No. There are a couple versions of characters from later missions who are technically in the game - Broly (BR)'s higher forms, Gogeta (BR)'s lower forms and young Paragus (BR) - because they appear to have just copy and pasted the characters' entire folders when porting them over, but it's only characters added in the DLC that this applies for.

There's a couple UM3 characters who are partially in the game - Xeno Goku's Demigra Assault variant (they were replaced by the final assets when his card was added to the game) and Vegito's Prison Planet variant both have early assets in the code, presumably because they were in the folders when they were ported over - but Cumber is treated as a separate character internally to Evil Saiyan so none of his assets are present.
Still will we get these cards in an update in the future ?

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm honestly disappointed with this game. I was expecting more updates. I was planning to buy it this year but seeing how this game is dead i probably won't. I expected them to add all the Prison Planet/Universal Conflict characters as well as Xeno Pan and Xeno Shadow Dragons.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

dualist
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:01 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:46 pm
I'm honestly disappointed with this game. I was expecting more updates. I was planning to buy it this year but seeing how this game is dead i probably won't. I expected them to add all the Prison Planet/Universal Conflict characters as well as Xeno Pan and Xeno Shadow Dragons.
I'd still recommend buying as it has a ton of content. From what I understand, the previous games released on 3Ds came out with sequels over time instead of uodating the previous releases with all the new content. But this game has a ton for you to do, it's just tough seeing the improved stuff for the arcade version and know we aren't getting it anytime soon
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am

ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
dualist wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
ShadowVezon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm
"Unreleased" doesn't mean that they're unused within the game's code, that website just copy and pasted the information from the official Carddass website. The only actual unused card (in terms of the abilities, the actual sprite for the card isn't present) is Android 21's UM3-069 card.
So SSJ Cumber for example is technically in the game?
No. There are a couple versions of characters from later missions who are technically in the game - Broly (BR)'s higher forms, Gogeta (BR)'s lower forms and young Paragus (BR) - because they appear to have just copy and pasted the characters' entire folders when porting them over, but it's only characters added in the DLC that this applies for.

There's a couple UM3 characters who are partially in the game - Xeno Goku's Demigra Assault variant (they were replaced by the final assets when his card was added to the game) and Vegito's Prison Planet variant both have early assets in the code, presumably because they were in the folders when they were ported over - but Cumber is treated as a separate character internally to Evil Saiyan so none of his assets are present.
You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am
You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game
Are you sure? I've been through all the stickers, and there's nothing in there for that version of Vegito.

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:40 pm

ShadowVezon wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am
You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game
Are you sure? I've been through all the stickers, and there's nothing in there for that version of Vegito.
It’s not a sticker it’s a back ground, it’s the same art on the UVM3 UR Goku ssjB card that fuses into Vegito blue. https://imgur.com/gallery/OMFoK7W

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:31 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:40 pm
ShadowVezon wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am
You know what’s weird to me is Prison Planet Vegito’s art can still be accessed without cheats in the shop yet he’s not a playable character in game
Are you sure? I've been through all the stickers, and there's nothing in there for that version of Vegito.
It’s not a sticker it’s a back ground, it’s the same art on the UVM3 UR Goku ssjB card that fuses into Vegito blue. https://imgur.com/gallery/OMFoK7W
That explains why I didn't know about it, they seem to have quietly added it to the game in one of the updates for some reason.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8838
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am

I've been playing around with this again lately, and I'm even finally starting to tinker with some custom cards, which lead me to a quick question - when making a custom card, there's a bar you can fill or deplete to determine CI. I'm assuming that's for speed, so you'd want to turn that all the way down, right? I'm not 100% sure though since doing that doesn't take any of the custom points you have to spend on making cards better, but increasing the bar does take points. So...is it better to fill up that bar some?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am
I've been playing around with this again lately, and I'm even finally starting to tinker with some custom cards, which lead me to a quick question - when making a custom card, there's a bar you can fill or deplete to determine CI. I'm assuming that's for speed, so you'd want to turn that all the way down, right? I'm not 100% sure though since doing that doesn't take any of the custom points you have to spend on making cards better, but increasing the bar does take points. So...is it better to fill up that bar some?
If by 'filling the bar' you mean spending points to move it to the left, then yes.

User avatar
Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am

I dislike the Charge Impact bar. Thank goodness that the Inner Eye + some characters like adult gohan having the ability to lower the speed while in support + the item that has has at most 75% chance at reducing speed starting in Round 2. Also multi-strike when you are defending a dragon ball is ugh, especially if the enemy has dimensional pressure as well.
dualist wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 am
I was playing this game recently and I love the amount of characters and content but really wish the gameplay was different. If Bamco combined Fusion's gameplay with Heroes' content it would damn near be the perfect game.
+ Xenoverse 2's graphical style and we got a winner.

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2236
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:20 am

Nothing for the 10th anniversary, not even a mention
This game may not have sold as well as they wanted, otherwise why abandon it :cry:

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1859
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:34 pm

The game did well, there more than likely will be a World Mission 2. They never put the latest content in the home versions of Heroes, it only gets little updates. The arcade game makes them a lot of money in Japan and they want people to play the arcade for the newer content.

Post Reply