"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am

I honestly believe this games original story will have Fu as the antagonist. Also the new galactic patrol guy and your avatar as the main protagonist, I think it may possibly give us more info on Cumber(though his only form in game is Saiyan of Evil, so nothing with him being unrestrained/out of the straight jacket) but still there is a lot of possibilities for the story of this game. :D

More speculations as well.

>like UMX it will have two hub maps one for the hero city and one for your in game avatar

> the avatar map will probably be similar to UMX but bigger and the time rifts you go into are actually full maps(all be it not huge maps but still traversable) something similar to online/fusions?

>online play will be in game from release date

>ultimate creation mode is out. But potential customazitons for story mode?

> The DLC May be completely different from any other heroes port game, unlike a few free characters and one card for each character we will get full updates from the arcade game (example universe mission 3 as the first one) and we have to pay a few bucks for it. Or if that’s not the case and it’ll be like the Ultimate mission games then I’m calling the first DLC characters will be Broli BR full power ssj, gogeta BR ssjB, vegito xeno ssj4.

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:09 am

Can't wait to learn more about the new patrol galactic guy.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
kizuki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kizuki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:51 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So since it seems like we might be getting this game after all, quick question for anyone that's played Heroes before. I remember when they added the figure coliseum thing to Xenoverse 2, a lot of people compared that to Heroes. Was that due to them playing similarly at all, or just a similar look to it all? I'm curious since...well, I'm not really that fond of the figure coliseum in how it plays. So if Heroes plays anything like that, then I can probably be prepared not to have a lot of fun with this one. :crazy:
I think they are similar but way different as well, I know that makes little sense on the surface .... lol

While they’re both “collecting games” and there is some strategy to it as well, but I would say that’s where the similarities end, in my opinion. I’ve played both pretty regularly and found Heroes more pleasing overall.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I suppose if you are expecting big action overall then you may be let down. Then again, not sure what THIS console version of Heroes will give us, so I’d see give it some time to see some gameplay and how it works with the Switch and go from there! :)

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 am

kizuki wrote:I think they are similar but way different as well, I know that makes little sense on the surface .... lol

While they’re both “collecting games” and there is some strategy to it as well, but I would say that’s where the similarities end, in my opinion. I’ve played both pretty regularly and found Heroes more pleasing overall.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I suppose if you are expecting big action overall then you may be let down. Then again, not sure what THIS console version of Heroes will give us, so I’d see give it some time to see some gameplay and how it works with the Switch and go from there! :)
Thanks for the feedback! I'm fine with a less action-heavy Dragon Ball game, it was just something about the figure battles themselves that just didn't work for me. I absolutely love Fusions on 3DS for giving us something incredibly different for gameplay, so I'm hopeful that Heroes will be something similar, but I'm just incredibly wary after the figure battles, as said.

With any luck, we'll get confirmation soon that we really are getting it here, and some more trailers so that I can judge exactly what kind of game it is for myself.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
kizuki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kizuki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
kizuki wrote:I think they are similar but way different as well, I know that makes little sense on the surface .... lol

While they’re both “collecting games” and there is some strategy to it as well, but I would say that’s where the similarities end, in my opinion. I’ve played both pretty regularly and found Heroes more pleasing overall.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I suppose if you are expecting big action overall then you may be let down. Then again, not sure what THIS console version of Heroes will give us, so I’d see give it some time to see some gameplay and how it works with the Switch and go from there! :)
Thanks for the feedback! I'm fine with a less action-heavy Dragon Ball game, it was just something about the figure battles themselves that just didn't work for me. I absolutely love Fusions on 3DS for giving us something incredibly different for gameplay, so I'm hopeful that Heroes will be something similar, but I'm just incredibly wary after the figure battles, as said.

With any luck, we'll get confirmation soon that we really are getting it here, and some more trailers so that I can judge exactly what kind of game it is for myself.
No problem! I’ve been a huge fan of this game and an advocate of getting a localized version of at least the console version, but I know there’s a lot of people who are meh about it. I hope we see it, I don’t think I would put my Switch down, lol.

It can be repetitive, but there is the collecting aspect and the original story is cool, too. Sure, it’s essentially you needing to time and fill the gauge farther that your opponent but I think the other aspects of the game make it highly enjoyable. It’s no more repetitive than something like Dokkan, or yes even the HC in Xenoverse.

Lots of characters, lots of “volume” to the game overall.

Ndukauba did a really good play through on 2 of the 3DS versions (I think), check them out if you’re looking on a good overall feel of what the game is. Again, not sure how this version will be but I’d imagine not much would change for gameplay.

Cypher
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:06 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cypher » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Nice to see Ndukauba mentioned; I've quite enjoyed a lot of his Dragon Ball-related playthroughs (particularly when I've been waiting on my own copy of a game to be delivered!) :)

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14019
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm

This will be the first time for people outside of Japan to play a Dragon Ball Heroes game since the Switch is region free. I will probably give it a try once I get a Switch and when the price for the game drops.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:55 pm

A damm shame they are gonna start the translations with the Switch (which i don't have) rather than good ol 3DS (which i do have)
Other than that how awesome would be to finally be able to play this game after all those japanese exclusive releases since they started, i heard somebody said something about this particular game having a whole less cards than the 3DS ones, can anyone confirm this????

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Dragotaker wrote:A damm shame they are gonna start the translations with the Switch (which i don't have) rather than good ol 3DS (which i do have)
Other than that how awesome would be to finally be able to play this game after all those japanese exclusive releases since they started, i heard somebody said something about this particular game having a whole less cards than the 3DS ones, can anyone confirm this????
Yeah because it only has Super Dragon Ball Heroes, SH1-SH8 And UVM1-UVM2 And some promo cards. While UMX has everything from the original heroes which is way more content

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 am

Dragotaker wrote:A damm shame they are gonna start the translations with the Switch (which i don't have) rather than good ol 3DS (which i do have)
Other than that how awesome would be to finally be able to play this game after all those japanese exclusive releases since they started, i heard somebody said something about this particular game having a whole less cards than the 3DS ones, can anyone confirm this????
Pretty much yeah. While World Mission will have more unique characters (350 over UMX's 280), it'll have less cards (over 1100 compared to UMX's over 3000). I just hope they add cards from previous sets in future updates, maybe some post-UM2 cards too.

If V-Jump leaks are correct, then I'm happy that customization is back in some way. Just need to know what exactly they mean though.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:22 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:A damm shame they are gonna start the translations with the Switch (which i don't have) rather than good ol 3DS (which i do have)
Other than that how awesome would be to finally be able to play this game after all those japanese exclusive releases since they started, i heard somebody said something about this particular game having a whole less cards than the 3DS ones, can anyone confirm this????
Pretty much yeah. While World Mission will have more unique characters (350 over UMX's 280), it'll have less cards (over 1100 compared to UMX's over 3000). I just hope they add cards from previous sets in future updates, maybe some post-UM2 cards too.

If V-Jump leaks are correct, then I'm happy that customization is back in some way. Just need to know what exactly they mean though.
In case the link doesn't work, GOOGLE TRANSLATE AWAY!:
Story mode early stage story
Suddenly the cowards and heinous warriors who came to the real world suddenly.
The Great Saiyaman No. 3 appears there and the beat becomes a member of a certain team.

The activity base is a hero laboratory.
Twin Synthai similar to Nappa, QUASAI is
transferred to the world of the game with a hero switch equipped with security special security .

Even beginners are relieved "Tutorial mode"
Super-evolved creation mode. Its Special Moves and CI, BGM, Reward setting to suppuration.

Is the hero fixed with beat?
Card game tutorials are just kind enough to be kind.
Sayyama No. 3 seems to teach me in a super kind manner.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 am

Here's the V-Jump scan:

Image

Great Saiyaman 3 is definitely a Gavan reference.

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:51 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Here's the V-Jump scan:

Image

Great Saiyaman 3 is definitely a Gavan reference.

All I know is, ULTRA INSTINCT OMEN VEGETA

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:52 am

Cooler got drunk when celebrating how he's canon now and is now punching random strangers

Cooler VS The Great Saiyaman 3 (Who is also a Frieza Race?), if I can't get my pose off between the Ginyu Force and the Pride Troopers, maybe I can get it between the Armoured Squadron and the Great Saiya Squad
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:02 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:All I know is, ULTRA INSTINCT OMEN VEGETA
I didn't even realized until you pointed it out... IIRC, in UMX, giving characters certain transformations was kinda janky (like Frieza transforming into SS Goku). Since this Omen Vegeta model seems kinda new, I wonder if the customization has actually been accounted for with each character...

Image

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Taken from the other Heroes Thread:
Page 1:

Top bit is just a blurb asking you to look forward to the game and stating that this month they’ll reveal secrets about the story and its protagonists. It also notes that two modes have returned from UMX in evolved forms (the mission creation mode and tutorial mode detailed on the bottom of page two).

“Story 1: Evil warriors breaking the barriers between dimensions appear?!

Overcoming the boundary between dimensions, evil warriors from “Dragon Ball” suddenly begin appearing in the real world. Appearing in front of Beat, who’s been wrapped up in the invasion, is the Super Dragon Ball Heroes celebrity Great Saiyaman 3?!

(Above Coola image) Enemies suddenly begin appearing in the real world!! The one who ropes you into events is none other than Coola!! But just then, Coola’s attack is stopped by a mysterious warrior!!

The person who saved you is...?!

The mysterious hero, Great Saiyaman 3?!

(Sceenshot dialogue) ‘Beat, will you lend me your help?’

After being scouted by the Great Saiyaman 3, Beat becomes a member of a certain team.”

Page 2:

"Story 2: The center of your activities is the 'Hero Lab'!!

The team Beat joins is none other than the 'Dragon Ball Heroes.' This is the grand unveiling of their base, the 'Hero Lab'!!

This is the Hero Lab!!

In the center of town stands the Hero Tower. The interior is off limits to the general population!! This is the secret base of the DB Heroes!!

The person in charge of guarding the tower is this middle-aged man resembling Nappa?! His name is Shinsai. He appears alongside his twin, Kuusai!!

(Pointing toward bracelet) Using the 'Hero Switch,' which is imbued with a special power, you can transfer into the world of the game!!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5478
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Since people here are likely to care about the gameplay elements too, that UI Vegeta is just showing how you can use a secret technique equip in creation mode to create "dream combinations."

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Cipher wrote:Since people here are likely to care about the gameplay elements too, that UI Vegeta is just showing how you can use a secret technique equip in creation mode to create "dream combinations."
I know it said super moves and BGM were included, but considering that screenshot is showing off a never before seen form, I'm guessing custom transformations are in too.

User avatar
Goresh
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Goresh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Cipher wrote:Since people here are likely to care about the gameplay elements too, that UI Vegeta is just showing how you can use a secret technique equip in creation mode to create "dream combinations."
I know it said super moves and BGM were included, but considering that screenshot is showing off a never before seen form, I'm guessing custom transformations are in too.
I mentioned this in the SDBH thread, but technically Vegeta is not using the Ultra Instinct Omen form. He is either in SSJB or SSJBE form while using a Super Attack called "Ultra Instinct Omen."

ankokudaishogun
Regular
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 pm

...Great Saiyaman 3 is totally going to be Trunks

Or Tapion.

Post Reply