"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Piccolo's arm is still there when firing Makankosappo, while Ten is shown with broken arm. The consistency is important.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:07 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:48 pm Piccolo's arm is still there when firing Makankosappo, while Ten is shown with broken arm. The consistency is important.
Lmao I know right?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:14 am

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:20 am

That kind of excites me. I'm afraid it might turn out to be trivial information, though. I would really like some major stuff, you know. Just because it's a game it shouldn't be an excuse to play safe when it comes to expand/answer things related to the series, specially after the role Dragon Ball Online fulfills.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nightzus

Post by Nightzus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:50 am

... as you re-live the moment where Goku discovers his Saiyan bloodline and birthname, Kakarot. ...
Considering the Saiyan and Namek arcs are the ones where Goku’s Saiyan origin is prevalent to the story, I hope this sentence does not mean these two arcs will be the only ones playable in this game.

It has to cover all DBZ arcs, IMO.
It would be a huge turnoff if it was not the case.

At this point, I can still be very excited if past-Freeza is confirmed.
One of the things that I enjoyed about LoG2 and Buu’s Fury was the ability to transform into SSJ at will... If only we could do it here as well, that would be brilliant.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:52 am

The huge selling point for me is the scope of this game... If it covers whole Z from Raditz to Uub, I am going for it... not interested in another Attack Of The Saiyans or other small periodic games. It is 2019 and consoles can handle huge stories and humongous worlds. Tough you can’t expect much from franchise titles, FighterZ is exception and Xenoverse 2 is Sparking! Meteor of this era.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:41 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:52 am The huge selling point for me is the scope of this game... If it covers whole Z from Raditz to Uub, I am going for it... not interested in another Attack Of The Saiyans or other small periodic games. It is 2019 and consoles can handle huge stories and humongous worlds. Tough you can’t expect much from franchise titles, FighterZ is exception and Xenoverse 2 is Sparking! Meteor of this era.
Nightzus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:50 am
... as you re-live the moment where Goku discovers his Saiyan bloodline and birthname, Kakarot. ...
Considering the Saiyan and Namek arcs are the ones where Goku’s Saiyan origin is prevalent to the story, I hope this sentence does not mean these two arcs will be the only ones playable in this game.

It has to cover all DBZ arcs, IMO.
It would be a huge turnoff if it was not the case.

At this point, I can still be very excited if past-Freeza is confirmed.
One of the things that I enjoyed about LoG2 and Buu’s Fury was the ability to transform into SSJ at will... If only we could do it here as well, that would be brilliant.

To me it seems pretty clear that they were trying to cover their asses in their replies when asked how far the story will go. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if it only covers until the end of the Freeza saga.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:08 pm

I am starting to believe it is only up to Freeza saga. *Sigh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Pretty sure during Bandai Namco E3 stream it was mentioned something about #18. Doesn't confirm anything about makes me think we will get until Android Arc at least.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:25 am

LightBing wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm Pretty sure during Bandai Namco E3 stream it was mentioned something about #18. Doesn't confirm anything about makes me think we will get until Android Arc at least.
They misspelled "eighter" for "eightheen"...

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 am

LightBing wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm Pretty sure during Bandai Namco E3 stream it was mentioned something about #18. Doesn't confirm anything about makes me think we will get until Android Arc at least.
I just want them to confirm this already. So I can skip it on launch day and put my 60 into something ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 am

Whilst I cannot guarantee this will cover the entire Z story, I can say that I'm used to Japanese producers dodging questions when they can't answer them.
I've been part of the Community team that interviewed Koji Nakajima (DBZ for Kinect) Kunio Hashimoto (DBZ BoZ) Masayuki Hirano (Xenoverse 1 & 2) and all of them were exactly the same when stating they couldn't reveal said info.

Also, judging by the fact we've already seen the majority of the cast from the 1st two Arcs, that only leaves (fights wise) Cui, Zarbon, Guldo, Burter and Jeice.
Unless they are going to spend the next 6, or even possibly 9 months showing us the rest of the map to 3 areas (earth 7, Otherworld and Namek) then this is going to Uub/Kid Buu.
All the responses they gave are typical of the producers when they are asked for information under embargo.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:37 am

DBZ_Lee wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 amJudging by the fact we've already seen the majority of the cast from the 1st two Arcs, that only leaves Cui, Zarbon, Guldo, Burter and Jeice.
Cui is such an interesting character that not only could you market him for 6+ months, you could make a game about him.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:50 am

IGN have posted "DBZ Kakarot - Everything you need to know". Not really anything new, except that it mentions if you fly higher and higher in the zones eventually you end up on the world map where you select zones. Nothing amazing, but still pretty cool.
Here's the article for anybody interested.
https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/06/2 ... ed-to-know

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am

Not sure how I feel about these new “canon backstories” considering some of the stuff Toriyama made up in recent years (Minus) but I'm cautiously optimistic

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm

No one mentioned the fact that at the end of the video the guy said “There is more than just the Dragon Ball Z saga”

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm No one mentioned the fact that at the end of the video the guy said “There is more than just the Dragon Ball Z saga”
I hope it isn't just a mistake on his part like what happened with Raging Blast 2 when someone said it would include GT as well. I do think it's safe to say it'll include Cell and Buu.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am Not sure how I feel about these new “canon backstories” considering some of the stuff Toriyama made up in recent years (Minus) but I'm cautiously optimistic
This backstory stuff will most likely be on the same level of “canon” as the old Z fillers were (which were based upon Toriyama’s ideas he sent out to Toei). We don’t even know if Toriyama is writing these backstories or if he’s just approving them. It may very well end up as canonical as the interactions between the various characters are in FighterZ or as canonical as Android 21 is.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:58 pm

emperior wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am Not sure how I feel about these new “canon backstories” considering some of the stuff Toriyama made up in recent years (Minus) but I'm cautiously optimistic
This backstory stuff will most likely be on the same level of “canon” as the old Z fillers were (which were based upon Toriyama’s ideas he sent out to Toei). We don’t even know if Toriyama is writing these backstories or if he’s just approving them. It may very well end up as canonical as the interactions between the various characters are in FighterZ or as canonical as Android 21 is.
I don't think these stories will be anything major. Goku destroying some robots for #8 is probably the kind of stories we can expect.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Well, so according to the VJUMP and the statements of people involved in the game, it seems that Goku will be the only playable character, which is disappointing. I hope that at least this game covers the saga Cell and Boo. But what is strange is that in the images released by Bandai, we see scenes of fights where Goku is not involved (Gohan and Kuririn Vs Dodoria, which in this case Goku was far from reaching Namek and Z Fighters Vs Vegeta and Nappa)