"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 am

Man I wonder what's next with us?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 pm

What I think would set this game apart from the rest is to have certain combos or finishing moves that change depending on the enemy. If you do, IDK, square, triangle, cirlce, R2 to finish Raditz with a certain move, the same input against Vegeta or Freeza should do something different. Cutscenes aside.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:51 pm

This is gonna sound dumb because we're talking about a video game here, but what excites me the most about this game is how CC2 are going to tell the story. I want this to feel like an alternate way of experiencing Toriyama's Z portion of the manga and set itself apart from all the other adaptations. By the looks of all the trailers and gameplay cutscenes, they seem to be nailing it so far.

It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed Naruto: Storm 3 so much. The way that game told Kishimoto's manga was leagues better than how the anime handled it. Even Asura's Wrath, for how little game it had to offer, made up for it with those insane cutscenes and set pieces. I guess what I'm saying is that even if DBZ: Kakarot has mediocre gameplay, I can look past it if it manages to do the story justice.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:10 am

I just want the game to have decent length. Anywhere between a 20-30 hour experience would be solid. Anything less would be a disappointment, considering this is a single player RPG that probably won’t have much, if any, replay value.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:59 am

https://youtu.be/2aVoXx5yUe8

At the 2:15 mark. Schemmel confirms the Boo Arc is in.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am

donkeyjack wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:59 am https://youtu.be/2aVoXx5yUe8

While this is good to hear, I have all kinds of other concerns for the game.

I'm sure the game is going to look amazing. It already DOES based on what I have seen. I also have no issue with Goku being the main focus here.

My biggest issue is that for as in depth this game might be in terms of side stories, that's all they still are: side stories. The meat and potatoes of the game is still going to be the tried and true story which I have played a gazillion times. Visually, as I said, it has probably never looked better nor been nearly as immersive, but I have no interest to fish or do mundane tasks.

I also think it should have gone into Dragonball Super. Now there's a story we have yet to really play through in a game.
-Questrider

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 am

I would love if this game includes End of Z. It would be the first time we could play as that era since BT3's one costume for Goku.

I personally don't want DBS in this game. But that's just me.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:20 am

Questrider wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am
donkeyjack wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:59 am https://youtu.be/2aVoXx5yUe8

While this is good to hear, I have all kinds of other concerns for the game.

I'm sure the game is going to look amazing. It already DOES based on what I have seen. I also have no issue with Goku being the main focus here.

My biggest issue is that for as in depth this game might be in terms of side stories, that's all they still are: side stories. The meat and potatoes of the game is still going to be the tried and true story which I have played a gazillion times. Visually, as I said, it has probably never looked better nor been nearly as immersive, but I have no interest to fish or do mundane tasks.

I also think it should have gone into Dragonball Super. Now there's a story we have yet to really play through in a game.
Nah, leave Super for the Sequel. So we can get fleshed out content there.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:38 am

You want to spread out the game play? Add "Original Dragon Ball" to the story. Now I could get behind a adventure where Son Goku grows up into adult Goku, that seems like a perfect RPG especially for a world like Dragon Ball. Picture flying on the Nimbus Cloud while heading to the Red Ribbon Army home base, cannons are shooting at you and you're weaving and dodging the fire.
Man that sounds exciting!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:43 am

It’s nice to have confirmation that his game will be going up until Buu. I wonder if it will have some sort of BOTW-like epilogue showing EoZ, but reverting to the end of Buu arc after going through it?

Anyways, knowing that this game won’t stop at Freeza is a big relief and sets in stone my decision to buy it. Even if the combat ends up being a little lacklustre and even if they don’t improve the landscape graphics, an open-world RPG DBZ game with classic Kikuchi score is pretty much a dream come true.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:10 am

Yeah, if it gose to Buu saga, it would be my dream db game, too, aside from a Dragon Ball and GT game. I just hope they´ll release those, too.

Because, sure, we have seen a lot of z in games (though not like this), but what about original DB or GT? They need to make this happen!

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Still waiting on that MMORPG....lol. I'm definitely buying the game, but it's just hard for me to get hyped about a story I've played a ton of times before. I would much rather have a game like this with an original story. My last hope for my dream DBZ game rests with the potential of XV3 adopting more MMO elements and improving the story. That's my personal perfect DBZ game. Fusions was pretty damn close too, I just didn't love the story. I do think this game will be fun tho, just wish it wasn't a LOG remake with better graphics.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:16 am

Apparently, the game will be released by the end of march. I just went to see how much it costs to pre-order it and I found this "This item will be released on March 31, 2020."

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:15 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:16 am Apparently, the game will be released by the end of march. I just went to see how much it costs to pre-order it and I found this "This item will be released on March 31, 2020."
This is a placeholder date which fits with their projected release of Q4 of the fiscal year.
The release date will probably be in February or early March.
dualist wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm Still waiting on that MMORPG....lol. I'm definitely buying the game, but it's just hard for me to get hyped about a story I've played a ton of times before. I would much rather have a game like this with an original story. My last hope for my dream DBZ game rests with the potential of XV3 adopting more MMO elements and improving the story. That's my personal perfect DBZ game. Fusions was pretty damn close too, I just didn't love the story. I do think this game will be fun tho, just wish it wasn't a LOG remake with better graphics.
At least they promised us they will be including some original content to expand upon Z’s story. Considering how the game goes up to the end of Buu arc we may potentially get some interesting stuff for the 7 years gap between Cell and Buu. I don’t have big hopes for this extra bits they promised, though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Is Toriyama involved with this game at all?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am

Oh yes please! I really hope it is the whole Z era, don`t mind the Super and I am in!
That is my lifelong DB fan dream to have a Legacy of Goku type RPG with the whole series in!

Sad about DB left out again :( Kakarot`s story starts with the house in the woods and meeting Bulma :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:20 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am Oh yes please! I really hope it is the whole Z era, don`t mind the Super and I am in!
That is my lifelong DB fan dream to have a Legacy of Goku type RPG with the whole series in!

Sad about DB left out again :( Kakarot`s story starts with the house in the woods and meeting Bulma :)
It was confirmed not too long ago by english dub Goku that it covers the Buu arc as well.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:34 pm

The redone version of Kikuchi's music is the best thing about this game.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Shit, awesome remixes. Can't wait to hear the one … umm … the one where evil buu was punching the lights out of fat buu. Probably my favourite DBZ theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghprTTzgEg8

The theme I'm talking about starts at 1:36