"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:32 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm Gotta say, that latest trailer almost won me over, that and the new character reveal! She looks like a combonation of BerryBlue and Chilai, but in a good way. She seems fiesty, in a grown woman kind of way!

I'm just still worried about the game play.. looks fun but mashing "O" to do everything is not my twist at all.
Where's her picture?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:57 pm

The getting your licence mission is actually in the game! I thought you were just going to be able to drive but the DBZ games FB just put up an image of the quest with the old man and red head lady driving instructors and everything! Only disappointing thing is they are not in the correct outfits but still pretty cool!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

nato25 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:57 pm The getting your licence mission is actually in the game! I thought you were just going to be able to drive but the DBZ games FB just put up an image of the quest with the old man and red head lady driving instructors and everything! Only disappointing thing is they are not in the correct outfits but still pretty cool!
Is there any chance those little details might be corrected for the final version?
I'm also thinking about what somebody mentioned in the previous page: the fidelity of the stage from the Cell Games. Too much grass, too little desert.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am
nato25 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:57 pm The getting your licence mission is actually in the game! I thought you were just going to be able to drive but the DBZ games FB just put up an image of the quest with the old man and red head lady driving instructors and everything! Only disappointing thing is they are not in the correct outfits but still pretty cool!
Is there any chance those little details might be corrected for the final version?
I'm also thinking about what somebody mentioned in the previous page: the fidelity of the stage from the Cell Games. Too much grass, too little desert.
Could be unlockable costumes.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:30 pm

It'd be pretty cool if you put a link or the picture here, too :)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 pm Could be unlockable costumes.
yeah maybe this is a little overly hopeful, but if it's primarily a RPG, i could for sure see things like vegeta's BADMAN shirt, goku's jacket, gohan's outfit he wears in the led up to the cell games, etc, as alternate costumes. or something like that, it would probably help it feel more immersive which i think is what they're going for.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm

I absolutely love everything I'm seeing. Only complaint so far is me being fussy - Goku's outfit vs Raditz is incorrect, which is disappointing, as it's right at the start of the story, and a mistake a lot of developers have made, but again, I'm being very fussy here, and think this game looks amazing.
The immersive experience they are going for is exactly what I've wanted for so long, and feel this will be the definitive game for me.

Anyhow, I do hope for a Season pass, or equivalent. Would be great to get some movie boss fights - Meta Cooler & Lord Slug, those would be great for a good beat 'em up stage or two vs multiple enemies.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm Anyhow, I do hope for a Season pass, or equivalent. Would be great to get some movie boss fights - Meta Cooler & Lord Slug, those would be great for a good beat 'em up stage or two vs multiple enemies.
I was actually thinking about that the other day. It'd be pretty cool if we ended up getting a season pass of extra missions that included the thirteen movies and the two TV specials (if they're not included in the game already). You'd pretty easily be able to handle them without giving us any new playable characters being added for the movies; and for the specials it'd just be Bardock and Future Gohan.

Technically speaking too, they could even include Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' as DLC if they really wanted, as both of those storylines were originally under the 'DBZ' label to begin with, but I'm not really expecting this one. The only way I could see those happening would be as part of a smaller second season pass or DLC pack that was basically a tease for a Super-based sequel game or something.

Speaking of playable characters, we're now up to 6 now with the addition of "Teen" Gohan and Future Trunks. Anyone have any guesses on who all else may get added? I'm predicting something like this myself.

PLAYABLE
1) Goku
2) Kid Gohan
3) Piccolo
4) Vegeta
5) Future Trunks
6) "Teen" Gohan
7) "Adult" Gohan
8.) Gotenks
9) Vegito

SUPPORT
1) Kuririn
2) Yamcha
3) Tenshinhan
4) Chiaotzu
5) Goten (only if not playing as Gotenks)
6) Kid Trunks (only if not playing as Gotenks)
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoMSbSh32W8

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

I'm still not sold on the combat, which for me, is going to make or break this game. It just looks like a polished up version of the fighting style in Xenoverse 2. Or maybe there is more to the combat and the demo is just doing a poor job of showing that.

Either way, my interest in this game is still tepid at best.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm PLAYABLE
1) Goku
2) Kid Gohan
3) Piccolo
4) Vegeta
5) Future Trunks
6) "Teen" Gohan
7) "Adult" Gohan
8.) Gotenks
9) Vegito

SUPPORT
1) Kuririn
2) Yamcha
3) Tenshinhan
4) Chiaotzu
videl maybe ? for the early boo saga stuff.

if this game covers the boo saga i could see them shifting piccolo to a support character during it, considering how often he's around despite not fighting.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:10 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:30 pm
It'd be pretty cool if you put a link or the picture here, too :)
I would have just I know FB links are weird for a lot of people and I never know how to post the image in here directly

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

I'm still not sold on the combat, which for me, is going to make or break this game. It just looks like a polished up version of the fighting style in Xenoverse 2. Or maybe there is more to the combat and the demo is just doing a poor job of showing that.

Either way, my interest in this game is still tepid at best.
Same. I'd agree, whoever was playing the demo... was just not adequate. Usually if a developer is showcasing and playing we'd see more.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm PLAYABLE
1) Goku
2) Kid Gohan
3) Piccolo
4) Vegeta
5) Future Trunks
6) "Teen" Gohan
7) "Adult" Gohan
8.) Gotenks
9) Vegito

SUPPORT
1) Kuririn
2) Yamcha
3) Tenshinhan
4) Chiaotzu
videl maybe ? for the early boo saga stuff.

if this game covers the boo saga i could see them shifting piccolo to a support character during it, considering how often he's around despite not fighting.
Great saiyaman please. Unless you count adult Gohan here.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:56 am

DBZ_Lee wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm Only complaint so far is me being fussy - Goku's outfit vs Raditz is incorrect, which is disappointing, as it's right at the start of the story, and a mistake a lot of developers have made, but again, I'm being very fussy here, and think this game looks amazing.
It's worth noting that kinda stuff isn't really a mistake. Such visual departures from the source material tend to be the result of devs just being cost-efficient with their work.

When they're doing rather big and meaty games based on something, especially a full-fledged console RPG, they have to be careful with what they desired to focus their efforts on. Spending time and resources on doing every variation of a costume during a certain point of the story can come at the expense of more important stuff for a game, so it's easier to just have fewer alts that are shared among specific events.

This is also why things like the aforementioned Cell Games area seems to be just plopped into one of what you can safely assume to be a zone you'll visit many times throughout the adventure, rather than spending time making a whole new wasteland just for this one fight.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 am

I hope the full release changes the music, that mild chorus does not belong in a boss fight.

Speaking of boss fights, from what we've seen of the bosses so far, I don't look forward to them. They seem:
A) Samey - They seem to have basically the same move and mechanics with one extra mechanic you need to dodge.
b) Tedious - They're mostly just an ungodly amount of health bars. I'm getting flashbacks of bad Xenoverse 2 Quest mods where they just give all the enemies 7 health bars.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am

Seems like there´s no garlic jr saga :cry: Do you guys think it will be featured in a minor event (therefore not showing in a trailer yet)? I mean, they even included the car driving quest, what about fighting garlic jr and other movie villains? Destroying Arlia with Vegeta and Nappa? Fake Namek?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:29 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am Great saiyaman please. Unless you count adult Gohan here.
yeah i was just counting boo saga gohan for that, i get why they split them up for the fighting games, but i don't think it'd make too much sense too do that in a rpg ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:12 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 am The models kind of look like shit, but I'm reserving judgement until any gameplay is shown.

No it doesn't look terrible.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49 pm

anubisj wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am Seems like there´s no garlic jr saga :cry: Do you guys think it will be featured in a minor event (therefore not showing in a trailer yet)? I mean, they even included the car driving quest, what about fighting garlic jr and other movie villains? Destroying Arlia with Vegeta and Nappa? Fake Namek?
I don't think we'll use Vegeta up until namek arc. I hope the Garlic saga doesn't happen, I'd prefer to follow Goku's path through space and Yadrat.