"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:29 am
sangofe wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am Great saiyaman please. Unless you count adult Gohan here.
yeah i was just counting boo saga gohan for that, i get why they split them up for the fighting games, but i don't think it'd make too much sense too do that in a rpg ?
Yeah, Buu's Fury had them as the same character. You could only 'become' Saiyaman during scripted events but still.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 pm

anubisj wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am Seems like there´s no garlic jr saga :cry: Do you guys think it will be featured in a minor event (therefore not showing in a trailer yet)? I mean, they even included the car driving quest, what about fighting garlic jr and other movie villains? Destroying Arlia with Vegeta and Nappa? Fake Namek?
Based on what the developer said in an interview yesterday it is following "the original anime" which doesn't refer to Kai. I would assume this will allow us to see that arc. And as the other person mentioned about not wanting it and wanting to follow Goku to Yardrat, why not both? I really hope to see Garlic Jr, the last game he was in was the Tenkaichi games.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:55 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49 pm
anubisj wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am Seems like there´s no garlic jr saga :cry: Do you guys think it will be featured in a minor event (therefore not showing in a trailer yet)? I mean, they even included the car driving quest, what about fighting garlic jr and other movie villains? Destroying Arlia with Vegeta and Nappa? Fake Namek?
I don't think we'll use Vegeta up until namek arc. I hope the Garlic saga doesn't happen, I'd prefer to follow Goku's path through space and Yadrat.
Isn't it weird how the only DB game to attempt to show Yardrat is Sagas? One of the worst DB games in existence & it's the only game to try to depict it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49 pm
I don't think we'll use Vegeta up until namek arc. I hope the Garlic saga doesn't happen, I'd prefer to follow Goku's path through space and Yadrat.
that would be ideal

Garlic jr is not something interesting really only maybe fight with possessed allies?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoMSbSh32W8
Ah man, the quality of the backgrounds and details of the stage look really really bad. It is like PS2 Remaster and not curren gen :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:15 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

Ah man, the quality of the backgrounds and details of the stage look really really bad. It is like PS2 Remaster and not curren gen :(
No it doesn't.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:47 pm

You obviously haven't seen or don't remember what a PS2 Remaster look like. For a Dragon Ball example, look no further than Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:09 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:15 pm

No it doesn't.
Still they look pretty bad and blandd. Such a shame since the characters themselves look good.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:18 pm

Jord wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:09 pm
donkeyjack wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:15 pm

No it doesn't.
Still they look pretty bad and blandd. Such a shame since the characters themselves look good.

Blame Bamco for not making it a AAA DB game. That's what they should do for the sequel.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:30 pm

HeroR wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:47 pm

Ah man, the quality of the backgrounds and details of the stage look really really bad. It is like PS2 Remaster and not current gen :(
You obviously haven't seen or don't remember what a PS2 Remaster look like. For a Dragon Ball example, look no further than Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission.
To be fair, that shit's trapped on the Switch.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:31 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:18 pm Blame Bamco for not making it a AAA DB game. That's what they should do for the sequel.
i don't think there's ever gonna be a triple A style dragon ball game, i don't even think there really has been. these games just don't get enough development time for that kinda stuff, which sucks but it's just not likely too happen. that being said, i think graphics wise this game looks totally competent, with the characters especially looking great.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:30 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:47 pm
Ah man, the quality of the backgrounds and details of the stage look really really bad. It is like PS2 Remaster and not current gen :(
It has nothing to do with the Switch since World Missions released on PC at the same time as the Switch version. And the Switch is way above that level of graphics since it can run stuff like Witcher 3.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 am

HeroR wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm
HeroR wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:47 pm You obviously haven't seen or don't remember what a PS2 Remaster look like. For a Dragon Ball example, look no further than Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission.
It has nothing to do with the Switch since World Missions released on PC at the same time as the Switch version. And the Switch is way above that level of graphics since it can run stuff like Witcher 3.
I mean, true on the PC version, but the Switch can only run games like Witcher 3 if the developers compromise & downgrade the visuals from the other console or PC versions. Unless a game is made directly for the Switch first, like Nintendo's 1st party titles, it's never gonna be the best the game's ever gonna look.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:54 am

Looks decent enough to me. Not every game needs to look like Skyrim Special Edition with 100 graphical mods installed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 am

Scsigs wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 am
I mean, true on the PC version, but the Switch can only run games like Witcher 3 if the developers compromise & downgrade the visuals from the other console or PC versions. Unless a game is made directly for the Switch first, like Nintendo's 1st party titles, it's never gonna be the best the game's ever gonna look.

There is a big different between 'look the best it can be' and using World Missions being on the Switch as the reason why it looks like a HD PS2 game when it looks exactly like the arcade and it's on PC. So they didn't need to tone down the game for the Switch.
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 am

HeroR wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 am

There is a big different between 'look the best it can be' and using World Missions being on the Switch as the reason why it looks like a HD PS2 game when it looks exactly like the arcade and it's on PC. So they didn't need to tone down the game for the Switch.
Plus, it looks better on the switch and was toned down for the PC version.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 am

Wait, it does?
Kanassa wrote:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:09 pm

I dont think using Heroes as a valid comparison works since that game's foundation are literally the PS2's Budokai models and this game is being build from the ground up.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:55 pm

HeroR wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Wait, it does?
Yeah, PC version lacks some of the graphical effects and shaders of the Switch version. Takes away even the character's aura.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:55 pm
HeroR wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Wait, it does?
Yeah, PC version lacks some of the graphical effects and shaders of the Switch version. Takes away even the character's aura.
Wow, lol. Didn’t know that.
Kanassa wrote: