"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:55 am

Scsigs wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:50 am We knew there were placeholder names in the game data for Beerus & Whis, but this is the first for SSG & SSGSS Vegeta.
I posted it earlier but it got buried under all the GT hate.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:34 am

Played a couple hours today. It's really fun! I never thought I'd play a DBZ game where I get my ass whooped by Raditz so that's something new.

I think the RPG and collecting elements are great, I think it's interesting how this game really rubs it in how shitty Kid Gohan is. Like you have to slowly walk him to the fishing spot, and there's that obnoxious section where he's crying looking for food, but I guess that'll make it all the more awesome when I hit his SS2 transformation. One pleasant surprise is that you get to fight Ape Gohan as Piccolo.

I like all the side content too. The whole section where you play as Piccolo and fight Tien/Chaozu/Yamcha/Krillin is great. I'm really excited to sink my teeth into this game more.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:04 am

Does anyone know which added bits are the confirmed toriyama canon ones? That's all I'm interested in.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 am

Want to ask a question to all Kakarot players. So we've seen that DBZ: Kakarot contains a lot of new never-before-seen info, but here's a more interesting question:

Has any Toriyama interview exclusive info actually BEEN confirmed in the game?

Like how SS2-3 are just extensions of SS1, the existence of S-cells, or 17/18's real names. To name a few.

I really want to know whether the man is consistent w/ his own words. Because if the off-panel trivia he's mentioned never makes its way into any kind of content that he supervised or helped create, then why should we ever take his word to begin w/ even if he is 'god?'
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 amLike how SS2-3 are just extensions of SS1, the existence of S-cells, or 17/18's real names. To name a few.
These are mentioned. Apparently, we even get 16's name.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 am
Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 amLike how SS2-3 are just extensions of SS1, the existence of S-cells, or 17/18's real names. To name a few.
Could you pls provide the scans or screenshots of the above, if possible? Where do they mention 17/18's real names? Who or what explains SS2-SS3 extensions like Toriyama did as "powered-up variations?" I am especially interested to see where they describe S-cells.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:34 am

Been discussing this on Twitter (thread here), I've been presented 3 claims so far & only one is completely valid - the 16 modeled after Gero's son one.

The first is the one related to a Saiyan's tail not growing back: Toriyama says if a person is as strong as 'Goku or Vegeta,' yet the game says something else differently & in a convoluted manner w/ Great ape transformation, as well as the 8% chance of no regrow. The idea is there, but the main reasons are not the same. This is unsatisfactory to me.

The 2nd one is Bulma's mom's name - she is called Bikini, yet the DB Forever Guide has Toriyama thinking maybe she'll name her Panchy. The name Panchy does appear in some French screenshots of the game, but nobody has been able to provide any context thus far. Therefore, this is a miss on the list of Toriyama-confirmed facts.

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:37 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 am Want to ask a question to all Kakarot players. So we've seen that DBZ: Kakarot contains a lot of new never-before-seen info, but here's a more interesting question:

Like how SS2-3 are just extensions of SS1, the existence of S-cells, or 17/18's real names. To name a few.

I really want to know whether the man is consistent w/ his own words. Because if the off-panel trivia he's mentioned never makes its way into any kind of content that he supervised or helped create, then why should we ever take his word to begin w/ even if he is 'god?'
We don't have a confirmation from Toriyama himself, but CyberConnect 2 mentioned they wanted to add more than just doing Z again so they asked a shit ton of question about stuffs we never knew. Bulma's mother's name, how the Ginyu Force came to be ... Unfortunately, we don't know the exact content of everything they asked Toriyama.

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:34 am Been discussing this on Twitter (thread here), I've been presented 3 claims so far & only one is completely valid - the 16 modeled after Gero's son one.

The first is the one related to a Saiyan's tail not growing back: Toriyama says if a person is as strong as 'Goku or Vegeta,' yet the game says something else differently & in a convoluted manner w/ Great ape transformation, as well as the 8% chance of no regrow. The idea is there, but the main reasons are not the same. This is unsatisfactory to me.

The 2nd one is Bulma's mom's name - she is called Bikini, yet the DB Forever Guide has Toriyama thinking maybe she'll name her Panchy. The name Panchy does appear in some French screenshots of the game, but nobody has been able to provide any context thus far. Therefore, this is a miss on the list of Toriyama-confirmed facts.
Being a french player, I can confirm both Panchy and Bikini appears in the game.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 am

Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:37 am
We don't have a confirmation from Toriyama himself, but CyberConnect 2 mentioned they wanted to add more than just doing Z again so they asked a shit ton of question about stuffs we never knew. Bulma's mother's name, how the Ginyu Force came to be ... Unfortunately, we don't know the exact content of everything they asked Toriyama.
And that is why I'm asking. To see the extent to which Toriyama remembers his own details or facts about the DB world. How much of the stuff he said in the interview is BS & how much is plausible or true.
Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am
Being a french player, I can confirm both Panchy and Bikini appears in the game.
What is the context tho? The screenshot I was given was this one:

https://twitter.com/HECTOR4X/status/1220684832663130114

And I know that 'sacree' means sacred or at least as far as my French goes. 'Sacred Panchy' sounds odd to refer to Bulma's mom unless this were a hentai.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 am

To add to Bulma's mom's name case, this NA version of this game has a guide that explicitly refers to her as Bikini. So despite both being there, the game does indeed confirm that her name is Bikini, not Panchy for whatever reason they put that extra name in there.

Hence, a miss on the list.

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 am
Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:37 am
And that is why I'm asking. To see the extent to which Toriyama remembers his own details or facts about the DB world. How much of the stuff he said in the interview is BS & how much is plausible or true.
Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am
What is the context tho? The screenshot I was given was this one:

https://twitter.com/HECTOR4X/status/1220684832663130114

And I know that 'sacree' means sacred or at least as far as my French goes. 'Sacred Panchy' sounds odd to refer to Bulma's mom unless this were a hentai.
Sacrée, in this context, means something like "That's so like him/her." or "You don't change him/her".

Then two sentences later, he calls the same person Bikini. I'm curious to see what is said in the english version.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 am

Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 am
Sacrée, in this context, means something like "That's so like him/her." or "You don't change him/her".

Then two sentences later, he calls the same person Bikini. I'm curious to see what is said in the english version.
No name, just an exasperated remark.

https://twitter.com/HECTOR4X/status/1220688304359776264

Which begs the question, what about the Spanish or Chinese versions of the game?

And especially the Japanese version of the game. I might go look for it rn

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:10 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 am
Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 am

No name, just an exasperated remark.

https://twitter.com/HECTOR4X/status/1220688304359776264

Which begs the question, what about the Spanish or Chinese versions of the game?

And especially the Japanese version of the game. I might go look for it rn
Pretty much the same meaning in french, except for the name.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 am

Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:10 am
https://twitter.com/lightning446/status ... 5956210688

It's 100% Bikini. The French version fucked it up for some reason.

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 am
Yagami1211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:10 am
https://twitter.com/lightning446/status ... 5956210688

It's 100% Bikini. The French version fucked it up for some reason.
Overal, I prefer the english translation. Except for a few things.

French version has everyone always going full name basis with every member of the Son family.

Having Goku go full name on his sons is super strange.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 am
Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 am
Could you pls provide the scans or screenshots of the above, if possible? Where do they mention 17/18's real names? Who or what explains SS2-SS3 extensions like Toriyama did as "powered-up variations?" I am especially interested to see where they describe S-cells.
I saw screenshots of them from a friend, but I'll see if I can find them in the game, in the Z-Encyclopedia it has (Your average in-game codex that explains, characters, story, character relations and the like). If I'm remembering correctly, S-Cells is being used to explain Trunks transforming into Super Saiyan without special training (since this goes with the version fo Trunks's story where he's Super Saiyan before Gohan's death).
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 pm I saw screenshots of them from a friend, but I'll see if I can find them in the game, in the Z-Encyclopedia it has (Your average in-game codex that explains, characters, story, character relations and the like). If I'm remembering correctly, S-Cells is being used to explain Trunks transforming into Super Saiyan without special training (since this goes with the version fo Trunks's story where he's Super Saiyan before Gohan's death).
If that's true then I'm surprised that it hasn't been shared around yet. I will remain skeptical until I see the description.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 am Want to ask a question to all Kakarot players. So we've seen that DBZ: Kakarot contains a lot of new never-before-seen info, but here's a more interesting question:

Yes, the game has some things that match Toriyama's recent statements. The images that I will post are in Portuguese however

On the Kid Trunks page in the encyclopedia, it is said that the amount of S cells that Trunks inherited from his father may have facilitated the transformation of SSJ for him

The game also shows Mr Satan's real name, Mark (something Toriyama revealed in an interview some time ago)

And again, the game confirms a statement made by Toriyama in 2014, in which he says that Babidi is not Bibidi's son, but a kind of clone who inherited his magical powers when Bibidi died. I don't have the image (it's in the encyclopedia too), but here the link to the interview

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... uu-arc-05/

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:17 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Yes, the game has some things that match Toriyama's recent statements. The images that I will post are in Portuguese however

On the Kid Trunks page in the encyclopedia, it is said that the amount of S cells that Trunks inherited from his father may have facilitated the transformation of SSJ for him

The game also shows Mr Satan's real name, Mark (something Toriyama revealed in an interview some time ago)

And again, the game confirms a statement made by Toriyama in 2014, in which he says that Babidi is not Bibidi's son, but a kind of clone who inherited his magical powers when Bibidi died. I don't have the image (it's in the encyclopedia too), but here the link to the interview

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... uu-arc-05/
These seem pretty legit but I'd like to see the English version (which has been quite accurate based on what I've seen) & preferably the JP version if possible. I'm not going to question the authenticity of these, but after the whole fiasco w/ the French version... You'll have to pardon me for my skepticism.

Are these yours btw?