"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

I had no idea about that Babidi interview. So he is the same person.

So, is the Buu not being created by Bibidi but being some sort of already existing being just summoned by Bibidi "retcon" part of the game too?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm

I’ll be honest the Buu retcons is one of the ones I don’t like.

Also the tidbit about the animal people is stupid. They explained it as being a result of a fad where people took pills that turned them into animals, and when the fad wore off the animal people disappeared.

I liked it better when it was just a part of the world.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm I had no idea about that Babidi interview. So he is the same person.

So, is the Buu not being created by Bibidi but being some sort of already existing being just summoned by Bibidi "retcon" part of the game too?
I believe that was a retcon Toriyama made long after the Buu arc.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm I’ll be honest the Buu retcons is one of the ones I don’t like.

Also the tidbit about the animal people is stupid. They explained it as being a result of a fad where people took pills that turned them into animals, and when the fad wore off the animal people disappeared.

I preferred the dark humor of just assuming there was an off-screen genocide no one talks about.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:28 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm I had no idea about that Babidi interview. So he is the same person.

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm I’ll be honest the Buu retcons is one of the ones I don’t like.

I preferred the dark humor of just assuming there was an off-screen genocide no one talks about.
I like the DBO tidbit that they went into hiding and then formed the Red Pants Army so it’s like a humans vs animal people civil war.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:55 pm
Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:28 pm

I like the DBO tidbit that they went into hiding and then formed the Red Pants Army so it’s like a humans vs animal people civil war.
Oh, that was the backstory to the Red Pants Army? THat's pretty cool.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Oolong said he was not the result of these drugs and was just born that way, so talking animals are in fact part of the DB universe. The explanation that people used pills in the game was more of an answer as to why since DBZ we didn't see that many characters anymore
Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:17 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 am Want to ask a question to all Kakarot players. So we've seen that DBZ: Kakarot contains a lot of new never-before-seen info, but here's a more interesting question:

Has any Toriyama interview exclusive info actually BEEN confirmed in the game?

Like how SS2-3 are just extensions of SS1, the existence of S-cells, or 17/18's real names. To name a few.

I really want to know whether the man is consistent w/ his own words. Because if the off-panel trivia he's mentioned never makes its way into any kind of content that he supervised or helped create, then why should we ever take his word to begin w/ even if he is 'god?'
Yes, the game has some things that match Toriyama's recent statements. The images that I will post are in Portuguese however

On the Kid Trunks page in the encyclopedia, it is said that the amount of S cells that Trunks inherited from his father may have facilitated the transformation of SSJ for him

The game also shows Mr Satan's real name, Mark (something Toriyama revealed in an interview some time ago)

And again, the game confirms a statement made by Toriyama in 2014, in which he says that Babidi is not Bibidi's son, but a kind of clone who inherited his magical powers when Bibidi died. I don't have the image (it's in the encyclopedia too), but here the link to the interview

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... uu-arc-05/
These seem pretty legit but I'd like to see the English version (which has been quite accurate based on what I've seen) & preferably the JP version if possible. I'm not going to question the authenticity of these, but after the whole fiasco w/ the French version... You'll have to pardon me for my skepticism.

Are these yours btw?
Fair enough I guess.

I will try to find the English versions of these images.

And actually, the Portuguese versions I found elsewhere, are not mine

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Really wish I was on PC so I could use that Faulconer mod. The music is getting kinda repetitive lol

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:26 pm

I don't like some of the battle mechanics like how the enemies can break off from your combo anytime they want and once their red aura starts you can't stun them at all.

I am gonna say it tho, this is frankly the most fun I had in a DBZ game since like Tenkaichi 3. It also the best re-telling of DBZ event with it being so faithful to the original source and the way they recreated some scenes is far superior to some scenes from the original DBZ anime. The freedom you get in exploring the world and looking up all the goods they put across the game shows how much passion they have put into the game.

8/10
I am really enjoying this game.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:32 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 pm Fair enough I guess.

I will try to find the English versions of these images.

And actually, the Portuguese versions I found elsewhere, are not mine
They should be very straightforward for someone who actually plays to share. I am actually surprised I am having trouble finding it online.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:24 am

Brojack wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 am So how are Cyberconnect gonna make a sequel to this?
Title : Dragonball Z : Adventures.

Idea is instead of Sagas mini stories like

Story 1 The Path to Power movie

Story 2 bardock movie

Story 3 future trunks movies

Story 4 cooler

Story 5 metal cooler

Story 6 broly

Story 7 broly 2nd movie

Story 8 fusion movie

Dlc GT baby saga + BoJack movie

That way can keep the RPG and mechanics but can include more things or wider scope. I chose The Path to Power to represent Dragonball as it's both Dragonball but has enough elements like Z to intrest both fans I feel. But having future trunks + broly ect... It could really appeal to casual fans + regular

That's only way I see sequel working.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:15 am

Looks like the models of Beerus, Whis, and Future Trunks (from the Goku Black arc) were datamined too, so there will most likely be a Super DLC.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 pm

If you think about it, both DB and GT would work better for this type of game than DBZ due to them having strong focus on adventures and characters visiting a lot of unique places. Even in Shadow Dragons arc, every dragon (except Eis and Syn) were fought in completely new location. DBS has no much potential for adventure game tho, except for Black Goku arc and preparation for tournament of power maybe as those are the only times in Super when characters do some exploration. If DBS dlc is coming, it's probably either changed a lot or very short and linear experience. I miss the times when og DB was a thing in games.
Brojack wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm I'm not sure if you're being influenced by being here on this Dragon Ball fan forum but GT is widely considered to be utter garbage compared to the other series. It is complete and utter trash.

Sure they add other characters because it's more content but there'd be a game for it again. Nothing wrong with Super Saiyan 4 Goku being in a game though.

It's like if Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are the equivalent of Batman and Batman Returns then Dragon Ball GT is the awful Batman and Robin.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:20 pm

I saw YouTube headline from a French channel that broly and paikuhan er coming to this game.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm

A bigger scope sequel could retell the same story from Kakarot but adding the missing cutscenes, updating the graphics, models and shading (more anime-like, including the backgrounds) and animations (also extend some cutscenes already made for Kakarot) - these could be big changes in quality considering the game would be on the next-gen of consoles.

Also, they could add ground fights and OG DB (make it around 10-15 hours of the story) and/or Super.
In both cases having fights on the ground would be needed, as both shows have martial arts tournament and the OG DB ones and the ToP have almost no flight at all.

Such a game may be possible in the next generation, especially if this game’s success finally convinces Bandai Namco to use more budget and make a triple A DB game.

This game needs just a well made sequel to fix some stuff, increase the quality and tell the full story from the manga to be the ultimate dream Dragon Ball game many people always wanted.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:20 pm I saw YouTube headline from a French channel that broly and paikuhan er coming to this game.
Bruhhhhh lol I'm all about that Paikuhan. :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:04 pm

You have to wonder how they'd go about making a sequel. People are already complaining about it being a retelling, so to do yet another one wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

I have no doubt the game has made enough money for it to happen, but how would they go about it? A DB or GT focused game would be great, but I don't see it happening. A Super game maybe, but isn't that going to be DLC for this?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:25 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:04 pm You have to wonder how they'd go about making a sequel. People are already complaining about it being a retelling, so to do yet another one wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

I have no doubt the game has made enough money for it to happen, but how would they go about it? A DB or GT focused game would be great, but I don't see it happening. A Super game maybe, but isn't that going to be DLC for this?
This is why I wouldn't mind expansion DLC that costs less than the main game covering the events of the other shows & movies. At the very least when it comes to the ones that came out after Z started. For the original DB series, I'd like a new game entirely. But Bandai Namco are afraid of making a console game that explores that part of the series unless it's on the Wii way after the Wii was relevant.

But, granted, with how some people have been whining about Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind being "content that should've been in the game from Day 1" or costing too much, I don't know if the playerbase of this game would be too receptive to that.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:31 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm A bigger scope sequel could retell the same story from Kakarot but adding the missing cutscenes, updating the graphics, models and shading (more anime-like, including the backgrounds) and animations (also extend some cutscenes already made for Kakarot) - these could be big changes in quality considering the game would be on the next-gen of consoles.

Also, they could add ground fights and OG DB (make it around 10-15 hours of the story) and/or Super.
In both cases having fights on the ground would be needed, as both shows have martial arts tournament and the OG DB ones and the ToP have almost no flight at all.
I'm thinking a sequel could tell the story of Z and Super. To keep the Z portion interesting they should add a lot of what ifs like Budokai 3. Give the game an open Hub world like Budokai 3 and instead of just selecting a location like in this game you fly to it and select it from the Hub world. It gives the option of coming across those ??? locations like in B3 which then add story branches. Honestly I loved the changes to the story B3 brought if you explored properly, like Vegeta becoming a SSJ on Namek, or Cooler appearing on Namek, Goku and Vegeta splitting up before the Kid Buu fight because Broly appeared, or even Gotenks and Gogeta having a sparring match, oh and Gokus random SSJ4 transformation was cool too. It added a lot of unexpected scenarios, and I think that could be really fun in a game like this. It would even give the option to play it through like normal for purists, the base is already there so it shouldn't be too difficult to expand upon the story of Z with the missing cutscenes and add a bunch of branching pathways for people that want a more original story. It would actually give the game some replayability, too with a new game+ option to find different story branches.

This is assuming that we get a sequel, and one with a decent amount of development time to flesh this stuff out enough that it doesn't seem half baked.

Brojack
Banned

Post by Brojack » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:21 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:24 am
Brojack wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 am So how are Cyberconnect gonna make a sequel to this?
Title : Dragonball Z : Adventures.

Idea is instead of Sagas mini stories like

Story 1 The Path to Power movie

Story 2 bardock movie

Story 3 future trunks movies

Story 4 cooler

Story 5 metal cooler

Story 6 broly

Story 7 broly 2nd movie

Story 8 fusion movie

Dlc GT baby saga + BoJack movie

That way can keep the RPG and mechanics but can include more things or wider scope. I chose The Path to Power to represent Dragonball as it's both Dragonball but has enough elements like Z to intrest both fans I feel. But having future trunks + broly ect... It could really appeal to casual fans + regular

That's only way I see sequel working.
That's more something they'd do for DlC.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:00 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:04 pm You have to wonder how they'd go about making a sequel. People are already complaining about it being a retelling, so to do yet another one wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

I find it funny how people complain about retelling DBZ events for 100 time, but if it was DB/GT game they would complain it isn't DBZ. If it was new story people would say it's dumb and not interesting.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta