"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:37 pm And even though I had fun with the fights and never seemed to me easy or repetitive, I still wonder if we'll ever get past the DEFEAT THIS STRONGER CHARACTER THAT IN THE SHOW IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DEFEAT scenario, I'd prefer a SURVIVE FOR A WHILE VS THIS OP FOE gameplay.
That's why I honestly preferred the Raging Blast approach where we actually got to play as the villain rather than fight and completely decimate the opponent then have a cutscene where our protagonist falls beaten and defeated.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Just finished the infamous 'Competitive Party with Friends' sub-quest (you know, the pre-order bonus one) and I can see now why people were grumbling about that one - the bipedal walker controls pretty horribly, and DEAR GOD if you make one mistake you are fucked on the time and have to do it again.

That said though? Hardly the worst vehicle mechanic I've experienced in a game. I will gladly - GLADLY - do more of these before I ever long for the freakin' Batmobile in Arkham Knight. *shudders*
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:32 pm

The Bipedal Walker is literally the last thing I did in my last session & it SUCKED! Shit took forever to move, handles like ass, the course is VERY stupidly designed, to the point where I had to look up someone's playthrough to see the best path for it, & they don't give you nearly enough time. Shit reminded me of a mix of that timed mission you do in Sonic Adventure (or maybe it was 2) to get to that rocket & Eggman's walker fused together. Awful.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:37 pm My complains would be skipping Goku's SS forms dissection vs Buu, Buutenks defusion, Buucollo
But from what I remember, in the game Goku is shown using the SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3 transformations, progressively to show Boo, isn't? Bandai even released a short video showing this scene before the game's release (I think that's what you're talking about).
I agree with you about Boo Piccolo, although Boo never really fought using that form (which is why almost no DB game shows that), I would like to see at least his design in the game, since Kakarot told the story in a very complete way. Next to the SSJ grade 3, it is the only form that is not in the game.

Anyway, it would be nice if after you finished the game, you brought all the scores you gave to the sagas and said which one you thought was best represented, I didn't see many people talking about it specifically (and along with that, your general game impressions)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:32 pmto the point where I had to look up someone's playthrough to see the best path for it
Now I don't feel so bad - I had to do the same thing. :lol: And yeah, if you mess up even once, you're basically screwed and should just hit re-try. Even with that video, I still had to try doing it again before I completed it.

Here's hoping those car races we can do later won't be nearly as bad...
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:41 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:37 pm My complains would be skipping Goku's SS forms dissection vs Buu, Buutenks defusion, Buucollo
But from what I remember, in the game Goku is shown using the SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3 transformations, progressively to show Boo, isn't? Bandai even released a short video showing this scene before the game's release (I think that's what you're talking about).
I agree with you about Boo Piccolo, although Boo never really fought using that form (which is why almost no DB game shows that), I would like to see at least his design in the game, since Kakarot told the story in a very complete way. Next to the SSJ grade 3, it is the only form that is not in the game.

Anyway, it would be nice if after you finished the game, you brought all the scores you gave to the sagas and said which one you thought was best represented, I didn't see many people talking about it specifically (and along with that, your general game impressions)
You are right, I phrased it wrong. I meant how uninspired the transformations looked, though SS3's was done perfectly. Not just in that scene.

I've just finished the game. I can't believe how cool the end credits were, with all those clips. Nice touch. This also reminded me how cool Vegeta's Sacrifice was. The whole hug thing, knocking out the kids and the final explosion was overwhelming. I went to other towns on the map to check them out and they are all deserted, not even the Cell Jr I revived were there. And the Tenkaichi Budokai has a big whole on one of its stands. Just awesome.
Kid Buu destroying Earth was so fantastic, Vegeta noticing they are leaving their children behind, enjoyed that very much.

The final boss was a great experience for me, while I didn't get my kaioshin flashback, the tone and how it was told by KibitoShin worked great. I had a blast fighting Kid Buu, he has so many cinematics when he attacks that I just never wanted the fight to end. So many attacks too, he splits and you fight 4 Buus, he blasts the planet, he turns you into candy, he does that rolling ball, he blasts those dark purple beams, he is so versatile. I'm glad I got to fight him twice as Vegeta, and even Goku's little bout with Kid Buu before firing the genki dama was good. I thought it was unnecessary but the fight was short and was another opportunity to fight Kid Buu. Goku didn't ask Enma for Buu's reencarnation, that was odd. The narrator also says these guys unknowingly still have a lot to experience and strong people to meet, which makes me think Super or Z movies will be joining in at some point.

The final part of the arc is the best part of the arc to me, and comparable to the Namek experience. This arc, from the Great Saiyaman to the Genki Dama, for me is 9.5/10

So I have
Namek arc 10/10
Cell arc 7.5/10 (the cell game arena is gone after the arc, so why not destroy it during the mainstory??)
Buu arc 9.5/10

I give this game a solid 9. It has many flaws(the one that I complain about the most is the low-growth through eating and fighting bots) but the detail this game has is everything I ever dreamt of.
Probably the replay value will be low, but I really don't care much when it comes to punctuate the game. It kept me entertained 2 weeks with the mainstory alone, and while I would love if they fix stuff like the mini-games among other things to amplify the replay value so I can keep farming, training and eating with a goal in mind, the mainstory amortized the game for me.

Oh, on the wishlist I don't see Freeza, Cell or Buu, to revive them do I have to unlock the wish or something?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Oh, on the wishlist I don't see Freeza, Cell or Buu, to revive them do I have to unlock the wish or something?
There are side Missions in New Namek where you can revive big bosses like Freeza, Cell, Boo and Dabura through Porunga.

Also, I think you forgot about Saiyan Saga haha

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:19 pm

Why do non-American English speakers say "in" instead of "on" & vice-versa or "a" instead of "an" & vice-versa? This form of grammar confuses the ever-loving hell out of me.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:14 am

You already answered your own question, they are non-American English speakers. Prepositions can (and most certainly will) be confusing. Probably the most "safe" for them to use is "in" out of "in", "on" and "at". So many rules to remember when to use each, it's understandable. I agree about "a" and "an", though. The latter always come before a vogal, that's the only thing to remember. Anyway.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:29 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:14 am You already answered your own question, they are non-American English speakers. Prepositions can (and most certainly will) be confusing. Probably the most "safe" for them to use is "in" out of "in", "on" and "at". So many rules to remember when to use each, it's understandable. I agree about "a" and "an", though. The latter always come before a vogal, that's the only thing to remember. Anyway.
That's not...what? The last post above mine said, "...in New Namek..." "In" is short for "inside." "On" is the word meant there. There's a clear difference between the 2 & I constantly see them used wrong as if they're inversed in British or Australian English. To me, this makes no sense.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:46 am

I won't prolong this since we are way off-topic, but since I'm involved with the Languages subject and we're at it now, I have something to say about it:

I mean, native Americans also make (quite often, I must say) what seems to be basic grammar mistake such as "then" when it should be "than" or vice-versa. A funny one is "I could care less" (there's even a great song mentioning it!) they forget to deny it and so it seems they do care, when it should be the other way around. :P

And let's not forget those who think Dragon Ball has a canon and are no ashamed to say nonsense like "this is canon", "that is not canon" when the adjective form is "canonical". If only everyone used the proper form at least.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:46 am I won't prolong this since we are way off-topic, but since I'm involved with the Languages subject and we're at it now, I have something to say about it:

I mean, native Americans also make (quite often, I must say) what seems to be basic grammar mistake such as "then" when it should be "than" or vice-versa. A funny one is "I could care less" (there's even a great song mentioning it!) they forget to deny it and so it seems they do care, when it should be the other way around. :P

And let's not forget those who think Dragon Ball has a canon and are no ashamed to say nonsense like "this is canon", "that is not canon" when the adjective form is "canonical". If only everyone used the proper form at least.
Well, when it comes to the then/than thing, that's just a failure of people to properly remember the correct word, but American grammar DOES dictate when each is correct in writing. Another example is ya/yeah. I have a friend who doesn't use the correct one when he means "yeah" because no one realizes "ya" is pronounced like "yuh," as in "you." That's just in writing, though. I've seen Brits actually use my examples in their everyday speech sometimes. It also seems to be correct grammar in their writing as well, since the majority of Brits I've seen raised with their grammar structure consistently use the wrong words in place of the other. It's really weird. Not as weird as Brits also dropping words like "the" in their speech, but weird.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

There are side Missions in New Namek where you can revive big bosses like Freeza, Cell, Boo and Dabura through Porunga.

Also, I think you forgot about Saiyan Saga haha
Oh great, thanks, and I consider the saiyan saga as a part of the Namek arc. I give a 10 to both arcs.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm Just finished the infamous 'Competitive Party with Friends' sub-quest (you know, the pre-order bonus one) and I can see now why people were grumbling about that one - the bipedal walker controls pretty horribly, and DEAR GOD if you make one mistake you are fucked on the time and have to do it again.

That said though? Hardly the worst vehicle mechanic I've experienced in a game. I will gladly - GLADLY - do more of these before I ever long for the freakin' Batmobile in Arkham Knight. *shudders*
To be fair batmobile was bad because it was boring and went against previous games as no need to think just tank tank tank!

The walker however feels broken. , The environments seem to look worse , it's confusing , isn't needed in a Rpg. It's very much the Mass Effect 1 mako all over again 😂

I love game , I spent hours , almost 50 in fact on it. I'm eagerly awaiting the DLC but my god was that bad. I'm glad there's only 2 walker missions in subquests though as that could have ruined this game.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm

This is true, but myself anyway, I'd still rather deal with this walker any day than go back to that Batmobile. :P 100% less frustrating at least to me.

So, uh, quick question guys - how exactly do you do a Super Finish? From what I was reading, there are only three requirements - 1) Be playing as a character that can become Super Saiyan and be in Super Saiyan mode; 2) have Surge mode activated; and 3) finish off an opponent with a Super Attack. I was pretty sure I'd done that a ton already, but I tried specifically doing that as Future Trunks just now and nothing triggered. Is it something you can only do later on once the game has 'taught' you to do that? Or does it require a beam style Super Attack (I finished off a robot with Burning Attack)? Or can it only be done if you're fighting alone (I had Kuririn as a support character at the time)? Or is it something else all together that I'm doing wrong?
Twitter

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm This is true, but myself anyway, I'd still rather deal with this walker any day than go back to that Batmobile. :P 100% less frustrating at least to me.

So, uh, quick question guys - how exactly do you do a Super Finish? From what I was reading, there are only three requirements - 1) Be playing as a character that can become Super Saiyan and be in Super Saiyan mode; 2) have Surge mode activated; and 3) finish off an opponent with a Super Attack. I was pretty sure I'd done that a ton already, but I tried specifically doing that as Future Trunks just now and nothing triggered. Is it something you can only do later on once the game has 'taught' you to do that? Or does it require a beam style Super Attack (I finished off a robot with Burning Attack)? Or can it only be done if you're fighting alone (I had Kuririn as a support character at the time)? Or is it something else all together that I'm doing wrong?
It's not just super Saiyan but any transformation. Example Goku can do it with Kaio-ken.

But yes you need to transform , use surge then super move. But only some do it. Like Kamehameha does it. But I'm not sure which , I think only solid beams can do it it not bursts or explosions but I'm not sure.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm This is true, but myself anyway, I'd still rather deal with this walker any day than go back to that Batmobile. :P 100% less frustrating at least to me.

I have only done it with a beam attack. Finishing with KHH, Masenko, Final Flash, Galick Ho. Whenever I did a melee super attack nothing happened. The cinematic is pretty cool and reminds me of FighterZ

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

I have only done it with a beam attack. Finishing with KHH, Masenko, Final Flash, Galick Ho. Whenever I did a melee super attack nothing happened. The cinematic is pretty cool and reminds me of FighterZ
It is.

I prefer the cinematic when you break guard then do it or interrupt a move that requires damage to interfere lol

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I figured it had to be something like that, but it never hurts to check. :thumbup:

I'm also assuming it needs to be the last opponent left, right? It probably doesn't work if you finish off an opponent that way but there's still one or more left to fight?
Twitter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Yeah, it has to be the last guy.

The stun cinematic is better I agree, I also like the one when in surge you hold instead of pressing the button.

So, I just used Goku and Goten as support characters and they both turned SS3 and SS respectively, which is awesome to me, I've been asking for this in XV2 since forever.