"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Yeah its a shame. The first time where it was just like "see hes a cheater lol crater meme" was one thing. its played out and old but that was just an eye roll.That mission was just mean spirited and put a really bad taste in my mouth.

I hate to bring this comparison up again, but FighterZ would never.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm Yeah its a shame. The first time where it was just like "see hes a cheater lol crater meme" was one thing. its played out and old but that was just an eye roll.That mission was just mean spirited and put a really bad taste in my mouth.

Yes this game

https://youtu.be/E_JX-kqrp1Y

Would never do anything mean spirited towards yamcha .....

It's an RPG with fun side stories , yamcha got that but we also how sad Puar was over his death , showing how much yamcha means to him. Other characters who died didn't get as much love and sadness behind their death.

Sure you could say the meme I'd over played but the fact there's a statue of his death , a pop vinyl of it , the super episode ect.... Means they know it's still popular with enough fans that they used it as a fun side thing. People are reading too much into it. It was meant to just be funny.

On a different note now I've completed story and sides I keep checking daily hoping for dlc news as I have season pass. I want more!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:23 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:36 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm Yeah its a shame. The first time where it was just like "see hes a cheater lol crater meme" was one thing. its played out and old but that was just an eye roll.That mission was just mean spirited and put a really bad taste in my mouth.

Yes this game

It's an RPG with fun side stories , yamcha got that but we also how sad Puar was over his death , showing how much yamcha means to him. Other characters who died didn't get as much love and sadness behind their death.

Sure you could say the meme I'd over played but the fact there's a statue of his death , a pop vinyl of it , the super episode ect.... Means they know it's still popular with enough fans that they used it as a fun side thing. People are reading too much into it. It was meant to just be funny.

On a different note now I've completed story and sides I keep checking daily hoping for dlc news as I have season pass. I want more!

The difference is everyone got roasted in FighterZ. And it didn’t come off as mean like the mission I’m talking about did.

It was supposed to be “funny” but i don’t care. I didn’t like it. Like the bad dad jokes, Yamcha jokes haven’t been funny since like 2008.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:23 pm
SSJmole wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Yes this game

The difference is everyone got roasted in FighterZ. And it didn’t come off as mean like the mission I’m talking about did.

It was supposed to be “funny” but i don’t care. I didn’t like it. Like the bad dad jokes, Yamcha jokes haven’t been funny since like 2008.

That's fair , thought found Fighterz more mean spirited as Goku actually takes the villians side to insult his friend. In kakarot he sorta does but krillin's dialogue afterwards in his head says it's accidental.

Yamcha jokes are still popular I mean last year we saw China make a statue of it in the art museum thing. I actually like yamcha but I understand to more casual fans the meme and joke blew up again recently. I'm ok with that though.

The reason I'm okay with it as I said it's funny. Isn't it better that he is remembered as a joke character as that keeps him relevant. Where as a character like Tien even after taking part in the tournament of power is still pretty much forgotten , hell the Tien episode of super was about someone else and Goku just forgot he was a thing throughout. Where as yamcha people remember in the show and in real life for this meme and in 2019 / 2020 being the butt monkey or meme actually makes people love you.

I thought it was just fun little thing that let us see more yamcha. I liked it for what it was. But if you don't that's fine.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 am Finally got that Super Finish (and the accompanying trophy), apparently it's easier with bigger beam attacks as well - I wasn't seeming to get it with Guided Kamehameha, but Super Kamehameha got it in pretty short order.
I recommend you to try the Super Finish with a genki dama finish. Amazing.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Angry Joe did an excellent review of this game, I was thinking about getting it but after this review confirmed some of my fears about this game I think I will wait a few months for a price drop before I consider buying it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iON7UFKTrF4
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm

Just got access to the Dragon Fist on Goku's skill tree, and reading on it, it's considered a melee move? I remember it was considered the same in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 as well, which has always seemed weird to me. How is a gigantic dragon made of your own energy a physical move instead of an energy one?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:55 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm Just got access to the Dragon Fist on Goku's skill tree, and reading on it, it's considered a melee move? I remember it was considered the same in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 as well, which has always seemed weird to me. How is a gigantic dragon made of your own energy a physical move instead of an energy one?
The move's an evolved form of the punch Goku used to plow a hole into Demon King Piccolo's abdomen. The dragon is only there as a bit of visual flair.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:29 am

As is apparently tradition in DBZ games, Dragon Fist is hilariously broken. It straight-up breaks through super armor, deals enormous damage and can be spammed infinitely between ki charges while the enemy is knocked back. I just took out someone a good 10 levels above me in about half a minute with this move alone.

Anyway, Mira and some missed subquests are just about the only things left undone for me. I'm hoping for an update sooner than later so we can get the time machine and maybe even more subquests.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm

How will the time machine work? you can go back to the Cell arc and fight the androids? do side quests that you missed?

I feel while we wait for Beerus all we can do is level up

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm How will the time machine work? you can go back to the Cell arc and fight the androids? do side quests that you missed?

We dont know yet. I'm assuming they'll let you play one episode at a time and then bring you back to the "present."

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:56 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:55 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm How will the time machine work? you can go back to the Cell arc and fight the androids? do side quests that you missed?

We dont know yet. I'm assuming they'll let you play one episode at a time and then bring you back to the "present."
I believe that the Time Machine is the method to re-explore the different mappings at different times. As in Kingdom Hearts, we are allowed to return to the different worlds after completing the adventure.

It will be the way to be able to carry out minor missions that we have left on the way, or to be able to find objects that are only found in those ages. But I don't think that the main missions of the story mode can be carried out again. We will surely return to each era after the defeat of the Saiyans, after that of Freeza, after that of Cell, etc. In each mapping the main missions of history will have already taken place and only the secondary missions will remain. It is what I believe, of course. We'll see...

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:47 pm

So uh, can't get a screencap or video or anything due to the PS4 not allowing it without some special setup to bypass it, but has anyone else run into an interesting glitch where the camera's view will get stuck? I was just doing the training room training against Android 19 and 20 as Piccolo, and after doing a Light Grenade, the camera was suddenly stuck just...facing Piccolo. It was like I had a GoPro locked onto Piccolo's face as he kept trying to fight. Then it got weirder - the camera suddenly switched to that same view...but locked on Android 20. While I was still punching Android 19 somewhere off-screen, cuz 19's health bar continued to go down. It didn't switch back to the normal game view until I killed 19. :lol:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:48 am

Apologies for the double post, but does anyone know where to find 'Frieza Force Elite Commandos' to fight? Other than a handful of cards, the only thing I don't have in my Z Encyclopedia at this point is the entry for those, and to get it I need to beat five of them (no real idea if I've beaten one before or not, I could be one away or I could need all five). No matter where I look, I can't seem to get them to spawn though. Various sources I've found seem to suggest they're in the desert where Nam's village/Babidi's ship is/was, but I've had no luck so far. Also found some places saying they'd be in the area where the Cell Games arena was, or the frozen area where Suno's village is - no luck in either of those places thus far either. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Twitter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am

Don't know if this'll help you, but I asked Shenron to bring them back and they appeared at Yamcha's Hideout.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:14 am

Why can we only fight Raditz's super boss as Piccolo? I wanna beat the shit out of him as Gohan before moving on to Buu.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am Don't know if this'll help you, but I asked Shenron to bring them back and they appeared at Yamcha's Hideout.
Wait, you can ask Shenron to revive random token NPC's too?
Twitter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 am
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am Don't know if this'll help you, but I asked Shenron to bring them back and they appeared at Yamcha's Hideout.
Wait, you can ask Shenron to revive random token NPC's too?
Yeah, with the Earth DBs you can bring back crappy little enemies like the Ginyu Force(without the captain), Cell Jrs, I think Raditz and Nappa, King Cold...

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 am Yeah, with the Earth DBs you can bring back crappy little enemies like the Ginyu Force(without the captain), Cell Jrs, I think Raditz and Nappa, King Cold...
Ohhhhh, no no, not those guys. I've already done all of that.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jQ6EOC6qpmw/hqdefault.jpg

This is the guy I'm having trouble finding. The Youtube video this picture is from shows them being able to be found in the northwestern part of the Great West Desert Area, but all I'm finding there is Babidi soldiers of various types and, if I'm lucky, some different types of Frieza soldiers, but not this particular guy that I need.
Twitter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 am
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 am Yeah, with the Earth DBs you can bring back crappy little enemies like the Ginyu Force(without the captain), Cell Jrs, I think Raditz and Nappa, King Cold...
Ohhhhh, no no, not those guys. I've already done all of that.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jQ6EOC6qpmw/hqdefault.jpg

This is the guy I'm having trouble finding. The Youtube video this picture is from shows them being able to be found in the northwestern part of the Great West Desert Area, but all I'm finding there is Babidi soldiers of various types and, if I'm lucky, some different types of Frieza soldiers, but not this particular guy that I need.
Is this the guy whose soul emblem works great with the Ginyu Force? I have the 4 guys, Bonyu and one empty slot, which I thought was for Ginyu but he is a frog now.