"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:06 pm

It's not a guy with a soul emblem at all, it's just one of the random guys you can find out in the world map to fight. To complete the Z Encyclopedia though, you need to get this guy's entry which requires beating five of them, so I'm just trying to find where they're more likely to spawn if anywhere.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Has anyone datamined the game for the loading screen backgrounds without the various text yet? I want those!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm Has anyone datamined the game for the loading screen backgrounds without the various text yet? I want those!
Yes, they've been posted over on r/kakarot a few weeks ago.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 am

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 pm
Scsigs wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm Has anyone datamined the game for the loading screen backgrounds without the various text yet? I want those!
Yes, they've been posted over on r/kakarot a few weeks ago.
Nice.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:35 pm

that last one is really cool, love how gohan, trunks, and goten's poses are references to a couple chapter title pages, rather then doing the Yo son goku and his friends return thing where they just kinda stand there.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm

You know, at first I didn't like those and wanted instead some manga images but gradually they started to grow on me. Tenshinhan and Piccolo look fucking bad asses in the last one

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:32 pm

I'm currently fighting the second wave of Villainous foes (where they start popping up again after you defeat Mira the first - and maybe only? - time). Is it just me, or is there kind of a plateau after Level 100 where opponents aren't really increasing in difficulty anymore, only in HP? My main team at the moment is Goku (Lv. 110), Vegeta (Lv. 111), and Gohan (Lv. 116), and I'm kicking the crap out of Lv. 145 and higher boss battles now. I have to heal every so often, but it's mostly a task of whittling down the HP. Before level 100 though, when I was like...let's say level 70, even Level 80+ foes were kicking my ass with ease.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:32 pm I'm currently fighting the second wave of Villainous foes (where they start popping up again after you defeat Mira the first - and maybe only? - time). Is it just me, or is there kind of a plateau after Level 100 where opponents aren't really increasing in difficulty anymore, only in HP? My main team at the moment is Goku (Lv. 110), Vegeta (Lv. 111), and Gohan (Lv. 116), and I'm kicking the crap out of Lv. 145 and higher boss battles now. I have to heal every so often, but it's mostly a task of whittling down the HP. Before level 100 though, when I was like...let's say level 70, even Level 80+ foes were kicking my ass with ease.
Yeah, there's an invisible wall you pass at some point around Lv100 where things do just plateau in difficulty. There are people who have attested to being able to defeat the Lv100 secret boss well below Lv90 or beating the Lv200 Villainous team while only Lv120 or something like that. It also kinda works in the opposite direction as well as even being 50 levels higher than that Villainous team won't result in a super easy kill. Meanwhile, a 20-50 level detriment at any other point in the game results in dealing 1HP of damage (or lower) and being isnta-killed by their attacks.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:53 pm Yeah, there's an invisible wall you pass at some point around Lv100 where things do just plateau in difficulty. There are people who have attested to being able to defeat the Lv100 secret boss well below Lv90 or beating the Lv200 Villainous team while only Lv120 or something like that. It also kinda works in the opposite direction as well as even being 50 levels higher than that Villainous team won't result in a super easy kill. Meanwhile, a 20-50 level detriment at any other point in the game results in dealing 1HP of damage (or lower) and being isnta-killed by their attacks.
I figured it had to be something like that, and the bolded/underlined part explains why I was having a way easier time kicking the crap out of a villainous Cell Jr. then I was blasting him (even going into 'burst mode' or whatever it's called at SS3 was leaving Kamehameha spams at only 1 damage a pop!). :lol: It did result in me getting a combo up to 750+ though which was neat. I'm just going to assume it caps off at 999 at which point the game just crashes.

Still having fun with the game, though other than forcing myself to do the races (including the bi-walker stuff...) and upgrading both vehicles more, I'm quickly running out of stuff to do now though other than grind for levels. I'm still trying to get a Frieza Elite Commando to spawn, which is unfortunate since I'm also missing only one card from the Z Encyclopedia...and it's a gift for filling out the Characters section. The soldier is literally hiding somewhere, refusing to spawn, while holding onto the last goddamn card I need. :evil:
Twitter

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:35 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:23 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:53 pm Yeah, there's an invisible wall you pass at some point around Lv100 where things do just plateau in difficulty. There are people who have attested to being able to defeat the Lv100 secret boss well below Lv90 or beating the Lv200 Villainous team while only Lv120 or something like that. It also kinda works in the opposite direction as well as even being 50 levels higher than that Villainous team won't result in a super easy kill. Meanwhile, a 20-50 level detriment at any other point in the game results in dealing 1HP of damage (or lower) and being isnta-killed by their attacks.
I figured it had to be something like that, and the bolded/underlined part explains why I was having a way easier time kicking the crap out of a villainous Cell Jr. then I was blasting him (even going into 'burst mode' or whatever it's called at SS3 was leaving Kamehameha spams at only 1 damage a pop!). :lol: It did result in me getting a combo up to 750+ though which was neat. I'm just going to assume it caps off at 999 at which point the game just crashes.

Still having fun with the game, though other than forcing myself to do the races (including the bi-walker stuff...) and upgrading both vehicles more, I'm quickly running out of stuff to do now though other than grind for levels. I'm still trying to get a Frieza Elite Commando to spawn, which is unfortunate since I'm also missing only one card from the Z Encyclopedia...and it's a gift for filling out the Characters section. The soldier is literally hiding somewhere, refusing to spawn, while holding onto the last goddamn card I need. :evil:
It doesn't crash the games, but rather just stops counting up. Much like the Tenkaichi and Budokai games when you get to their combo limit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KeNwLF5IM

The burst mode is called Surge Mode though, just for future reference.

Good luck getting him to spawn. I think he's one of the few I'm missing in my encyclopedia as well.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:44 am

NPD: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot was January's best-selling game. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot launch month sales were there third highest in franchise history, trailing only Dragon Ball: Fighterz, and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 am

So it seems there is a DLC about a recognisable tree coming, and something Paikuhan related. It could be the tree from Beerus's planet, the Tree of Might... I can't think of another tree.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:23 pmI'm still trying to get a Frieza Elite Commando to spawn, which is unfortunate since I'm also missing only one card from the Z Encyclopedia...and it's a gift for filling out the Characters section. The soldier is literally hiding somewhere, refusing to spawn, while holding onto the last goddamn card I need. :evil:
You should try to visit Darlinge Polynya region. He should spawn near your starting location, next to Frieza's army ship. If he isn't there try to fly around this region, or just teleport to some other place and try again with Darlinge Polynya. Here you have some screens:

Good luck in kickin his ass! :)
Last edited by Mnich on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 am

Does anyone know when we'll be able to use the time machine ? It was supposed to be in patch 1.4 but nothing, same with 1.5.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 am So it seems there is a DLC about a recognisable tree coming, and something Paikuhan related. It could be the tree from Beerus's planet, the Tree of Might... I can't think of another tree.
Clearly as guest characters are all the rage like terminator in mortal kombat, it'll be groot in kakarot!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Mnich wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 am You should try to visit Darlinge Polynya region. He should spawn near your starting location, next to Frieza's army ship. If he isn't there try to fly around this region, or just teleport to some other place and try again with Darlinge Polynya. Here you have some screens:

Good luck in kickin his ass! :)
Thanks for that! I'd seen a similar video that showed them showing up near a Freeza ship in the Great West Desert Area, but the starting areas were both so far away from where they seemed to show up that trying to go in and out to get them to appear there was a really big pain in the butt. Darlinge Polynya seems to be the better place to try and get them to pop.

The thing both places have in common seems to be that they spawn near Freeza ships though, so that's got to be one of the biggest defining things in trying to make them appear I'd guess.
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:35 pm It doesn't crash the games, but rather just stops counting up. Much like the Tenkaichi and Budokai games when you get to their combo limit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KeNwLF5IM

The burst mode is called Surge Mode though, just for future reference.
I was pretty much just cracking wise at the expense of the game (which I do really love) and how often it still keeps crashing, at least on my end, my bad for not being clearer. ^_^; I do keep forgetting it's called Surge Mode for some reason, which does seem to be another glitch I keep having where even though it's primed and ready to go, sometimes it won't activate for me.

Really hoping we get another update soon that fixes a bunch of these smaller issues, because all of the glitches and crashing issues are the biggest detriment to the game IMO. I'm even fine with getting an update that has just more fixes and not the Time Machine yet if it comes soon, because as far as we know that's really only going to be for getting any Sub-Stories one may have missed the first time, right? Since I got all of them the first time around (unless they retroactively add more that aren't post-game), the Time Machine doesn't really do anything for me. I just need more stabilization fixes.

UPDATE:

SUCCESS! Mnich's tip about the Darlinge Polynya region was 100% the way to go! Near the Freeza ship he shows, I actually got two different groups with the Frieza Elite Commando in them to show up, both with 3 of those particular enemies each. I only ended up needing one of them (meaning I must have fought at least two of those guys at some point prior to this), but that seems to definitely be the best place to farm for those guys, bar none. And with that, my Z Encyclopedia is 100% complete! I'm surprised there's not a trophy or some kind of reward for that, honestly.

So now, this is basically all I have left to do that I'm aware of - 1) "Max" level all of the characters; 2) complete all of the car/bi-walker races and achieve all of the rewards for doing so there; 3) fully upgrade both vehicles; 4) complete the Turtle School Training Manual; 5) fully beat the baseball mini-games; and 6) finish the last few revived Villainous foes.

For 1, I'm probably only maxing them out, bare minimum anyway, at the last level needed to fully complete their skill trees (which seems to be 120 for Goku and Gohan; 115 for Vegeta, Piccolo, and Trunks; and 90 for all of the support characters). There's no real benefit to getting them any further yet it seems, and I can level them even more fully once the Season Pass stuff starts to come out. For 2, that's probably going to require doing number 3 first, already maxed out the car's level but I could definitely use more speed and turn chips probably. 4 won't take too much doing, I'm already down to three or four categories there. 5...is gonna be a pain in the ass, Vegeta's a complete bastard as a pitcher and Arale's score is a MONSTER. 6 will be easy-peasy.
Twitter

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm I was pretty much just cracking wise at the expense of the game (which I do really love) and how often it still keeps crashing, at least on my end, my bad for not being clearer. ^_^; I do keep forgetting it's called Surge Mode for some reason, which does seem to be another glitch I keep having where even though it's primed and ready to go, sometimes it won't activate for me.
Makes sense lol I just wanted to make sure you knew it wouldn't crash in case it was a legitimate concern stopping you from trying to achieve a high enough combo.

I've heard of that happening to a few people. Luckily I've never experience it, or any glitches really beyond the occasional 2nd Chi Chi, invisible NPC, or that floating face that's making it's rounds on Reddit.
So now, this is basically all I have left to do that I'm aware of - 1) "Max" level all of the characters; 2) complete all of the car/bi-walker races and achieve all of the rewards for doing so there; 3) fully upgrade both vehicles; 4) complete the Turtle School Training Manual; 5) fully beat the baseball mini-games; and 6) finish the last few revived Villainous foes.
Do you have all the memories? Or the other Z Encyclopedia entries (missing enemies or whatnot)?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm So now, this is basically all I have left to do that I'm aware of - 1) "Max" level all of the characters; 2) complete all of the car/bi-walker races and achieve all of the rewards for doing so there; 3) fully upgrade both vehicles; 4) complete the Turtle School Training Manual; 5) fully beat the baseball mini-games; and 6) finish the last few revived Villainous foes.
Do you have all the memories? Or the other Z Encyclopedia entries (missing enemies or whatnot)?
Yup, that Frieza Elite Commando entry was the last entry I needed. I was just missing him and one card, and that card was a Encyclopedia based reward for completing the character section, so they both triggered at the same time. I was able to get the rest of the memories a while back, though I won't lie - I "cheated" and paid Baba to tell me where they were in areas, because man were those things hard to spot on their own otherwise. For them and Dragon Balls both, once they're on your map, place a marker on them and it'll lead you to their EXACT location. Makes getting the Dragon Balls almost too easy, not that I really have anything to wish for with them currently anyway.
Twitter

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:29 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm So now, this is basically all I have left to do that I'm aware of - 1) "Max" level all of the characters; 2) complete all of the car/bi-walker races and achieve all of the rewards for doing so there; 3) fully upgrade both vehicles; 4) complete the Turtle School Training Manual; 5) fully beat the baseball mini-games; and 6) finish the last few revived Villainous foes.
Yup, that Frieza Elite Commando entry was the last entry I needed. I was just missing him and one card, and that card was a Encyclopedia based reward for completing the character section, so they both triggered at the same time. I was able to get the rest of the memories a while back, though I won't lie - I "cheated" and paid Baba to tell me where they were in areas, because man were those things hard to spot on their own otherwise. For them and Dragon Balls both, once they're on your map, place a marker on them and it'll lead you to their EXACT location. Makes getting the Dragon Balls almost too easy, not that I really have anything to wish for with them currently anyway.
The marker works for Freeza ships and RR bases as well. It's how I found one that was in an underwater cave.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:51 am

I can't help but wonder if the DLC episodes and any added subquests will scale with our current levels or have a set "recommended level" like everything else. I really don't see the point in having my party go any higher than 100 if none of the updates are going to provide a challenge due to overleveling.
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 am Does anyone know when we'll be able to use the time machine ? It was supposed to be in patch 1.4 but nothing, same with 1.5.
Good question. The fact that they were advertising it before 1.4 is worrying, to say the least -- hopefully they're not encountering any major hurdles with its implementation into the game.
Formerly Marlowe89.