"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:47 pm
Cold Skin wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm ^ Not much apparently. It's all about the stability, not new content.

"Fixed crashing issues.
Addressed framerate drop and freezing issues.
Addressed stuttering/lag issues.
Performance and stability improvements added.
Other minor under the hood improvements."

At least, the Time Machine is coming in March though. But when I check my "Story" menu, the only blue quests that appear are apparently the ones I've completed, which makes sense since the menu is called "Completed stories".
There's no way to actually know if I missed any side quest and which time period I should go back to...
There's only a "completed stories" menu and a "Kame training instructions" menu in the "Story" section. There's no "to be done" menu...
Considering the 'To be done' stories only seem to appear and disappear depending on when they're available, I assume they'll pop up when the time machine is available.
I don't think that will be the case. Some side missions are created for specific parts of the story. For example, there is a side mission with Krillin and Kid Gohan, in which they test ways to train inside the ship on the trip to Namek. In the post game, it wouldn't make sense. So I think it's more likely that Time Machine will give us the possibility to go back to other chapters in the story to complete these missions

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 pm

I hope 2 million sales is enough to get CyberConnect 2 back to do a sequel, or at the very least, an Enhanced Edition that puts back in all the content that got skipped over to keep this game under budget.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 am

Lance Freeman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 pm I hope 2 million sales is enough to get CyberConnect 2 back to do a sequel, or at the very least, an Enhanced Edition that puts back in all the content that got skipped over to keep this game under budget.
Once we get all the DLC, I don't know if there'll be enough content to justify a sequel.

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 am
Lance Freeman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 pm I hope 2 million sales is enough to get CyberConnect 2 back to do a sequel, or at the very least, an Enhanced Edition that puts back in all the content that got skipped over to keep this game under budget.
Once we get all the DLC, I don't know if there'll be enough content to justify a sequel.
People keep saying this, but there are 5 arcs in Super that could easily be stretched to a 10-20h game. How many times have we seen the Saiyan through Cell arc or even just the Saiyan and Namek arcs? There wasn't much content to those arcs in previous games either, often just bouncing from one mook fight to the next, then having 3 or more battles with the arc's boss before rapping up the story and moving on.

There's no reason the Future Trunks arc has to be "Trunks shows up, you go to the future, fight Goku Black, then fuse, then fight Fused Zamasu, then the arc is over." There's still fights like Trunks fighting with Black in his timeline, Trunks training with Goku and Vegeta separately, Goku and Vegeta taking on Goku Black together, Goku and Vegeta splitting up to face Zamasu and Black alone, Trunks fighting Fused Zamasu, etc.

That's not even accounting for new side-missions that can be added like helping people in the future timeline or getting Beerus and Whis some more food after their initial arc. There's no real reason they can't stretch the handful of fights out like older games used to and pad the rest of it with side-quests like the rest of this very game.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:03 pm

I'm watching the new video of TFS' playthrough of the game. Has anyone datamined the picture of Goku standing with Gohan in space not as Super Saiyans when Gohan was in his Piccolo getup?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 am

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:12 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 am
People keep saying this, but there are 5 arcs in Super that could easily be stretched to a 10-20h game. How many times have we seen the Saiyan through Cell arc or even just the Saiyan and Namek arcs? There wasn't much content to those arcs in previous games either, often just bouncing from one mook fight to the next, then having 3 or more battles with the arc's boss before rapping up the story and moving on.

There's no reason the Future Trunks arc has to be "Trunks shows up, you go to the future, fight Goku Black, then fuse, then fight Fused Zamasu, then the arc is over." There's still fights like Trunks fighting with Black in his timeline, Trunks training with Goku and Vegeta separately, Goku and Vegeta taking on Goku Black together, Goku and Vegeta splitting up to face Zamasu and Black alone, Trunks fighting Fused Zamasu, etc.

That's not even accounting for new side-missions that can be added like helping people in the future timeline or getting Beerus and Whis some more food after their initial arc. There's no real reason they can't stretch the handful of fights out like older games used to and pad the rest of it with side-quests like the rest of this very game.
A sequel could also cover DB, and GT, with a time machine.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:40 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 am
A sequel could also cover DB, and GT, with a time machine.
That would make a super (pun intended) complete package. Super on its own could end up being barebones if they intend to keep or expand the playtime. If GT and DB are included, that possibility just vanishes. They even have the movies to tackle (if they don't use them as DLC now), the game could be absolutely huge.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm wondering if the pandemic will delay the DLC. We have no date for it but I think we should be getting it before may or june. I mean, I don't know what else to do in-game, I really need Beerus.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:54 pm I'm wondering if the pandemic will delay the DLC.
I hope it doesn't delay that or the time machine. I need something to do while I'm "working" from home.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:54 pm I'm wondering if the pandemic will delay the DLC. We have no date for it but I think we should be getting it before may or june. I mean, I don't know what else to do in-game, I really need Beerus.
I don't mind waiting for the DLC but the time machine is long overdue, so hopefully that doesn't take much longer to release.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:25 am

"The new issue of V-Jump magazine unveils this month the first information on the first DLC of Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. This will give access to a new original episode entitled “A new awakening [Part 1] Training with Whis“, which will be playable even if you have not finished story mode. This episode will unlock the Super Saiyan God transformation for Goku by following Whis training which will yield a large amount of experience. Transformation into SSJ God will unlock new techniques. Then it will also be possible to face Beerus.

The release date is not specified, but the DLC is still scheduled for spring 2020."

It looks like the story won't be following the movie's, which might mean the other super arcs will be original as well.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 am

I really only have time to play games during the weekends and am progressing through the game slowly (just made it to the Piccolo and Kami fusion). I'm loving the game so far but for those of you who have finished, how is the post-game content as of now? I remember hearing the level cap was really high so after you beat the game, can you still access the world with your powered up characters to fight stronger enemies and just fly through the world with all your power ups?

Also, not sure how many people playing this game are fans of the Faulkner score, but all his stuff for the series is on Spotify which can run in the background while you're playing games. So I've turned down the game music and just have the Faulkner music going for applicable saga/moments in the game. It really takes me back to when I first got into the series.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 pm

dualist wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 am I really only have time to play games during the weekends and am progressing through the game slowly (just made it to the Piccolo and Kami fusion). I'm loving the game so far but for those of you who have finished, how is the post-game content as of now? I remember hearing the level cap was really high so after you beat the game, can you still access the world with your powered up characters to fight stronger enemies and just fly through the world with all your power ups?
After the story ends you have the sidequests and the wishes (to revive the bad guys, with the Namek DBs you revive the big bosses), also have the villanous enemies that are the stronger, red aura guys, there are one big villanous enemy per arc, that is 1st form Cell and the androids, when you take them down, Cell absorbs 17, you take him down, he gets 18, and you take him down while he spawns Cell Jrs. The same happens with the saiyans, with Freeza and with Buu, you fight every one of their forms.
You can free roam all you want, but always in base, unless you make use of a glitch that let's you keep a SS form after defeating a mecha or a villanous enemy. Gathering the DBs ended up being much more fun that I thought it would, much better than in XV2.

We are still waiting for the Time Machine that seems that would let you go to any point in the story. To be completely honest, it sort of lost steam for me, after finishing the story, defeating the villanous enemies and the revived bosses, all I've got left is to fight the mechas and the Recovery droids. But still is fun to get high and fly around farming orbs just for the fun of it. Oh and finding recipes and the ingredients for ful-course meals was fun too.
dualist wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 am Also, not sure how many people playing this game are fans of the Faulkner score, but all his stuff for the series is on Spotify which can run in the background while you're playing games. So I've turned down the game music and just have the Faulkner music going for applicable saga/moments in the game. It really takes me back to when I first got into the series.
I made myself a youtube list with every DB opening, original and dub, from DB to GT and Super, and just have that on a loop while playing. It works wonders for me.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:25 am "The new issue of V-Jump magazine unveils this month the first information on the first DLC of Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. This will give access to a new original episode entitled “A new awakening [Part 1] Training with Whis“, which will be playable even if you have not finished story mode. This episode will unlock the Super Saiyan God transformation for Goku by following Whis training which will yield a large amount of experience. Transformation into SSJ God will unlock new techniques. Then it will also be possible to face Beerus.

The release date is not specified, but the DLC is still scheduled for spring 2020."

It looks like the story won't be following the movie's, which might mean the other super arcs will be original as well.
That would certainly explain why the game doesn’t cover the epilogue of the manga. Now if only they had covered the pre-Raditz stuff...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 am

Good news, today will be released the Time Machine update according to DBHype on Twitter 20 minutes ago.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:10 am

Looks like tomorrow actually, at least according to Bandai Namco EU. Looks like we can also use it to go back to basically any part of the game period, seemingly at whatever level we're currently at, which should make for easy S-ranking of any earlier material that wasn't able to be S-Ranked. So in effect, the Time Machine is also kind of our New Game+ mode seems like. That's a neat way to implement it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:10 am Looks like tomorrow actually, at least according to Bandai Namco EU. Looks like we can also use it to go back to basically any part of the game period, seemingly at whatever level we're currently at, which should make for easy S-ranking of any earlier material that wasn't able to be S-Ranked. So in effect, the Time Machine is also kind of our New Game+ mode seems like. That's a neat way to implement it.
Honestly, I hope the enemies will have levels similar to ours when the Time Machine is used. It wouldn't be cool to just one shot everybody, if the point is to be able to redo previous boss battles. But the idea of ​​maintaining the skills against previous enemies seems interesting

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:37 am

Finally. I rushed through the game so I missed a good number of side missions. It'll be interesting to see if the enemies from earlier power up to match our current level.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Oh man, one more day? I went to sleep happy thinking today would be the Time Machine day.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:11 pm

So, I saw a Japanese live of a guy using Time Machine (which is already available in Asia, apparently) and from what I saw, it seems that the level of the enemies does not match the level of the post endgame character. So yeah, basically you will be able to one shot everybody depending on your level

However, since the character level is maintained, it is possible that the skills are also maintained. I hope that's the case, Super Saiyan Badman Vegeta would be awesome