"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pmI can't be the only one that sees the huge quality jump between Kakarot and Naruto Storm games.

That's what happens when you get 3+ years to work on a game compared to 1, but I guess that's more Shueisha's fault if them making Bandai produce 1 Dragon Ball game a year is true.
We started hearing rumors about Kakarot in 2017. The game had plenty of time to develop. The issue isn't quality, but rather difference. Kakarot is an open world rpg, not a fighter.
Didn't the Storm games have an open world segment? I know it got diluted with each sequel, but the first one was pretty lively; and if they really did have that long to get a game out then what's with the lack of quality?
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pm

I wonder if a DLC or an update could add the possibility of fusing with a party member or if it's something that could only have been added before the release. Of course, no Gokhan or Vegenks, but Vegito or Gogeta, or if you have Goten and Trunks on your party, them fusing into Gotenks.

If the final DLC is about Broly, then maybe we'll get that option? although probably not, I think it'll be just a one-time thing like in the main story.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pmOf course, no Gokhan or Vegenks, but Vegito or Gogeta
And why not? Why it has to be the same old ones?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pmOf course, no Gokhan or Vegenks, but Vegito or Gogeta
And why not? Why it has to be the same old ones?
Well, yeah sure, even better if everybody is allowed to fuse, but I can see this game having the most conservative approach (as in just retelling Z) so I could see them excluding videogame-only fusions.

Vegito and Gotenks are already there. I'm no dev, but I guess it's easier to just unlock for us those fusions instead of creating new ones, also that would mean we have to pay for the new models, while just providing the option for bringing in an existing character shouldn't be charged for.

I'm not against new fusions, I'm just wondering if it could be possible to wake up to the fact that now we can summon an existing fusion, or if it's just to late and that it requires a lot of work.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:15 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pmI can't be the only one that sees the huge quality jump between Kakarot and Naruto Storm games.

That's what happens when you get 3+ years to work on a game compared to 1, but I guess that's more Shueisha's fault if them making Bandai produce 1 Dragon Ball game a year is true.
We started hearing rumors about Kakarot in 2017. The game had plenty of time to develop. The issue isn't quality, but rather difference. Kakarot is an open world rpg, not a fighter.
Didn't the Storm games have an open world segment? I know it got diluted with each sequel, but the first one was pretty lively; and if they really did have that long to get a game out then what's with the lack of quality?
The first one did, but the sequels chose to just be fighters, I believe. Though, it wasn't "open world" as much as had hubs between levels like Sonic '06. Often, you have to do certain shit to advance in the game's story mode & it's just a pain in the ass, imo.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:30 pm

The problem is Bandai's absolutely terrible communication. This happens in most of their games but it is even worse with Kakarot. The situation with Covid delayed the plans, but the company continues to release updates and DLCs for several of its games, while ignoring Kakarot entirely.

There's room to improve the base game without counting the DLCs but it doesn't seem like they care enough (and it's a game that sold over 1 million in its first week, it's popular)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:30 pm The problem is Bandai's absolutely terrible communication. This happens in most of their games but it is even worse with Kakarot. The situation with Covid delayed the plans, but the company continues to release updates and DLCs for several of its games, while ignoring Kakarot entirely.

There's room to improve the base game without counting the DLCs but it doesn't seem like they care enough (and it's a game that sold over 1 million in its first week, it's popular)
Really weird considering the Avengers game got a patch that literally fixed hundreds of issues the game had at launch a few weeks after it came out & Crystal Dynamics is in a comparable position to CC2.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:14 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:30 pm The problem is Bandai's absolutely terrible communication. This happens in most of their games but it is even worse with Kakarot. The situation with Covid delayed the plans, but the company continues to release updates and DLCs for several of its games, while ignoring Kakarot entirely.

Really weird considering the Avengers game got a patch that literally fixed hundreds of issues the game had at launch a few weeks after it came out & Crystal Dynamics is in a comparable position to CC2.
Not only that, but XV2, FighterZ, and even Jump Force and Shinobi Striker (both games that have been heavily criticized by the media) are getting constant updates and new content.

We could even assume that creating content for the type of game that is Kakarot takes some time, but Bandai's lack of transparency and communication has been horrible. Except for the DLC, couldn't we be getting free updates improving some things in the game? It really makes me sad that Kakarot, despite being popular and selling incredibly well (close to XV2 and FighterZ, with Kakarot's first week sales beating XV2's) is being neglected by Bandai

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:30 am

Still no release date, just random new images.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Kakarot is still in the top 10 best selling games of the year and could be a little higher, if it wasn't for Bandai terrible management.

Source https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/n ... deo-games/
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:53 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:50 pm Kakarot is still in the top 10 best selling games of the year and could be a little higher, if it wasn't for Bandai terrible management.

Source https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/n ... deo-games/
I would really love to get this game and I had high hopes for the DLCs, that they might expand the game at least with the Super content...
But that's kinda it with these franchise games. Just easy to pull DLCs, like adding more characters to Xenoverse and nothing more substantial.
I am still surprised tough, how much more characters FighterZ got and how much content has Xenoverse shelled out over the years (for insane money, if you count it all) even with few story bonuses. The game came out with just up to Ressurection F arc and ended up with Universe 6, Trunks arc, just missing the TOP, which is kinda recreated to PQs, so I was expecting something more from Kakarot as well :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:06 am

Am I the only one who actually liked the first DLC of this game for what it is? Like, I didn't go into it with any expectations outside of seeing Beerus & Whis, so I was able to take the DLC as it was VS what I would've wanted. I mean, it would've been cool to get a proper adaptation of Battle of Gods, yeah, but the first DLC actually added some things that are good additions, like the training with Beerus & Whis not only adding Super Saiyan God, but an effective & easy, if time-consuming, method of EXP farming that beats the HELL out of grinding in the overworld. As someone who's played games like Final Fantasy XV & Kingdom Hearts 2 & 3, where the only real method of grinding to the highest level is to use EXP modifiers, I vastly prefer this game's way of doing it.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 am

Scsigs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:06 amAm I the only one who actually liked the first DLC of this game for what it is?
I don't have an issue with the DLC, but rather the price. I'm not a fan of having to buy the season pass in order to get it. If I could get it alone for 5, then I'd be more than happy with it. There's just not enough there to justify the price.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:24 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 am
Scsigs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:06 amAm I the only one who actually liked the first DLC of this game for what it is?
I don't have an issue with the DLC, but rather the price. I'm not a fan of having to buy the season pass in order to get it. If I could get it alone for 5, then I'd be more than happy with it. There's just not enough there to justify the price.
Yeah. Plus the fact that the other 2 haven't come out yet definitely definitely makes that bad to buy right now.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm

I think it was pretty fucked up to release a paid DLC in the midst of a pandemic, I mean I bought the game in january, to have to pay AGAIN two months later didn't sit well with me.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm I think it was pretty fucked up to release a paid DLC in the midst of a pandemic, I mean I bought the game in january, to have to pay AGAIN two months later didn't sit well with me.
🤣.
Look, you're coming across ridiculous here. Pandemic or not, they've worked on this DLC, people work for money, it's not that complicated to understand. People who can't afford it due to circumstances just shouldn't get it, not like it's essential to have.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:16 pm

The only thing that I don't like about this game is that they had the potential to make this more GTA-ish: make the environments (cities, wastelands) more prone to destruction as well it's habitants. Now, you may think it could be weird to have Goku killing thousands, but to make the game compensate these OOC moments, give us penalties, losing itens, scores or valuable stuff more ahead.

Also why not have the characters riding vehicles if we want? I would have so much fun with Vegeta riding a motorcycle while firing Ki Blasts at people :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:32 am

Kakarot's 2nd DLC will be releasing on the 17th of this month.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:20 pm

I would actually love if they did OG Dragon Ball like Z Kakarot.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:38 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:20 pm I would actually love if they did OG Dragon Ball like Z Kakarot.
I've said this before, but OG DB would make more sense as an rpg because a large part of early DB is structured like a role-playing game. That's the thing that breaks for me whenever I play Kakarrot: It's bewildering to be playing as characters who can straight up blow up the planet at any given time, and yet I'm stuck fighting another group of robots.