"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:49 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 pm I'm right there with the both of you.

Is there something from the base game I may have over looked that give everyone all this hope about how this DLC will be as spectacular as everyone hoes?
I don't think people are thinking that the DLC is going to be "spectacular" or something, the theories about the DLC going beyond Cell / androids is more related to the fact that it seems difficult to create a complete story like the Saiyan and Freeza arcs using only the TV special as a base. But as I said, I think that the chances of the DLC covering the fight against Dabura are very small, it is more likely that it will only go until Cell's death, but it is just speculation.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am

My biggest issue that this is a game that focused on Z and didn't include not a single original Z movie, but include Towa, Mira, and Android 21?

I'm a fan of this game, but they missed a tremendous opportunity to include a ton of content.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:04 am

dualist wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am My biggest issue that this is a game that focused on Z and didn't include not a single original Z movie, but include Towa, Mira, and Android 21?

I'm a fan of this game, but they missed a tremendous opportunity to include a ton of content.
I would've preferred if they included some of the original movies (Cooler and Broly) over BOG and RF, as those should've been saved for Kakarot 2 instead.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

So, I just watched a video from Spawn Wave & he showed an apparent leak from the real Bandai Namco LA Instagram account that showed the game being on Switch & Xbox Series X & S alongside Xbox One & PS4. Not PS5, though. The post was since deleted & the account said it was a mistake.
First off is a Switch port. I could believe a Switch port is likely to come soon. Xenoverse 2 & FighterZ got them, as have other games from Bamco. And, I may buy it if it's either a complete edition with all the DLCs, or it gets on a discount.
Secondly, a Series X/S version. I imagine with this, they'll upgrade the resolution to hit a full 4K if it doesn't, maybe touch up some textures, but also have it reach 60FPS on consoles. I hope another thing they'd do is put in the fights they skipped for some reason during the Androids Saga, but that may be asking too much. I expect quality of life improvements at the very least. We'll see if either of these things is true at some point.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:36 am

Do they say anything interesting here? See that the TV Special/manga is mentioned.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:36 am Do they say anything interesting here? See that the TV Special/manga is mentioned.
I don't have the full translation, but a guy who covers Kakarot on Youtube (DMgaming) translated some parts of the scan (the most important ones)

In the one you posted, it is mentioned that the androids will have new attacks (based on the images, different from what we had in the base game) and they will also make combined attacks (IIRC, something that also did not happen in the base game). You can see that it will also be possible to fight in the cities now

It is also said that Kakarot will tell the story of Trunks in more detail

And about the other scan that came out (this one)

Future Gohan (apparently without an arm, finally) and Trunks are said to be playable characters. I assume that this Trunks will have a different moveset (based on the image in which he uses Masenko, which was not in the base game)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Man, look at the destroyed West City.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Thanks a lot, TheSaiyanGod! :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:37 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm Future Gohan (apparently without an arm, finally) and Trunks are said to be playable characters. I assume that this Trunks will have a different moveset (based on the image in which he uses Masenko, which was not in the base game).
It's really weird how the only 3D console game we've gotten for DB that adapts the History of Trunks special to have a 1-armed future Gohan is Sagas, the shitty linear beat 'em up, huh?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:58 pm

Surprisingly, THIS is the DLC that's making me consider buying the game, but I think I'll wait for the complete package.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:37 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm Future Gohan (apparently without an arm, finally) and Trunks are said to be playable characters. I assume that this Trunks will have a different moveset (based on the image in which he uses Masenko, which was not in the base game).
It's really weird how the only 3D console game we've gotten for DB that adapts the History of Trunks special to have a 1-armed future Gohan is Sagas, the shitty linear beat 'em up, huh?
That's being Japan has some sort of law regarding diplictions of dismemberment or something. Sagas was made by a western dev.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm That's being Japan has some sort of law regarding depictions of dismemberment or something. Sagas was made by a western dev.
I know it was. Still weird that they can't at least do something creative so they can still have him with 1 arm.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:54 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm
That's being Japan has some sort of law regarding diplictions of dismemberment or something. Sagas was made by a western dev.
We see Nappa cutting off Tenshinhan's arm in Kakarot tho. Although there is no blood in most of the game (including parts like Goku being pierced by Piccolo's attack), there is still dismemberment.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:54 am
Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm
We see Nappa cutting off Tenshinhan's arm in Kakarot tho. Although there is no blood in most of the game (including parts like Goku being pierced by Piccolo's attack), there is still dismemberment.
I was actually surprised by that and also, that Kakarot portrays the violence more in the oldschool way as Z did, in comparison to Super, where characters are rather smudged and with torn clothes.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:54 am
Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:58 pm That's being Japan has some sort of law regarding depictions of dismemberment or something. Sagas was made by a western dev.
I was actually surprised by that and also, that Kakarot portrays the violence more in the oldschool way as Z did, in comparison to Super, where characters are rather smudged and with torn clothes.
It's. definitely weird with the censorship. Ever since Kai, the hole in Goku's abdomen is either toned down, or not there at all, Future Gohan still has both arms despite 1 being cut off being a pivotal moment in that story, & blood is toned down substantially. Not that I expect a lot of blood like in Z, but that's weird to tone it down to almost being nonexistent. Other shows have that problem too, not just DB. One Piece has also tones certain things down over the years, despite not airing on kid's TV over here.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Reminds me how no game includes Frieza losing his legs. I guess that's because of Japanese laws too. Either that or laziness.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm Reminds me how no game includes Frieza losing his legs. I guess that's because of Japanese laws too. Either that or laziness.
Did you mean when Freeza was cut in half? Kakarot kind of shows it

Krillin is also shown cutting off Frieza's tail. As I said, it's funny how there are dismemberments but not blood (while other games show blood but not dismemberments, like Naruto Storm 4 for example)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 am

Just got an update for the game. Does it do anything besides card shit? I'm hoping for a 60FPS patch for this game & Jump Force for the new consoles.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:44 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 pm
90sDBZ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm Reminds me how no game includes Frieza losing his legs. I guess that's because of Japanese laws too. Either that or laziness.
Did you mean when Freeza was cut in half? Kakarot kind of shows it

Krillin is also shown cutting off Frieza's tail. As I said, it's funny how there are dismemberments but not blood (while other games show blood but not dismemberments, like Naruto Storm 4 for example)
Yeah I've only played through it once so couldn't remember. I'm pretty sure it's the first game to include it.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 am

I remember budokai 1 had great cut scenes to especially for its time :-) maybe its in there too.
Hellsing