"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:20 pm One more thing, after I'm done with both DLCs, the only thing for me to do- fightingwise- is fight the red villains? once I hakai all of them, will they come back again? or once an area is cleared, that's it and the only challenges left are Beerus and Golden Freeza?
Once you fight them all, you fight the secret boss.

After you beat the boss, all of the red enemies come back even stronger and you can beat them again.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:20 pm One more thing, after I'm done with both DLCs, the only thing for me to do- fightingwise- is fight the red villains? once I hakai all of them, will they come back again? or once an area is cleared, that's it and the only challenges left are Beerus and Golden Freeza?

After you beat the boss, all of the red enemies come back even stronger and you can beat them again.
There's a level cap on the red enemies. After a certain point they're not a threat aside from maybe Mira.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 pm

There's a level cap on the red enemies. After a certain point they're not a threat aside from maybe Mira.
Ah shit really? Thats lame.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 pm
DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Ah shit really? Thats lame.
Yeah. You're better off fighting the randoms that always appear.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:33 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am
The Undying wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 am The fastest way to grind to level 300 is mindlessly exterminating schmucks in the Valor Trial, and it really is as monotonous as it sounds. If you have Self Medication equipped, you practically can't lose.

Oh, and as I feared, they patched out the free-roam transformation glitch. :thumbdown:
This hurt my soul when I was endlessly trying to end battles in a way to fly around while Blue. They have other things they could patch tho... (combat system to start...).

And as for grinding to 300.... that was nuts. I used Goku, Vegeta and Gohan as well and fought the hoard battles, spamming Ultimate Vanish (or whatever), until we eventually leveled up. Then did rounds of collecting dragonballs and fighting red aura characters to gain Z orbs. I'm always low on the blue ones.

Level 300 Freeza... is a monster. I still haven't beaten him, I've only manage get him down to the red with Goku, and sadly nowhere close with Vegeta. If 5 or 6 hits connect during his attack boost phase you are DEAD. Dodging, especially dodging Golden Rush, is critical. They're not going to make this easy like the last DLC.

I liked the way they adapted the story, especially keeping an on-point version of Gohan. The cutscenes were pretty cool too. I still think the character models look weird though, especially close ups of Golden Freeza.

I'll probably keep playing for another week or so. Until the next one...!
I think I first fought him with a level 282 goku. It was a lot of trial and error. Ended up dying about 12 or so times. But I beat him. Tried again at level 283, died about eight times, eventually beat him. Once I reached level 300 I used two important upgrades. One gave Goku's surge a lasting of 200% and other slowly healed me over time while in surge. You'll get him, it's just alooooott of trial and error.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:52 am

So one user's snarky comment on me not buying Kakarot or any other franchise game: ''But you will!'' came to fruition.
Snatched Kakarot on Black Friday, as the Ultimate wasn't for rudiculous 150 dollars on PS Store but with a 70% discount...

Actually, the game plays better than Xenoverse 2, looks better, even tough the models look awkward sometimes and are less detailed, but overall, the Story is nicely done so far, as I am in the middle of Android saga. Just missed a few bits and pieces from the stories or was expecting them to be animated somehow... and there is lot of weird faux censorship, like seeing Goku blasted trough and having hole in the chest, but not seeing 17 destroying Gero or Vegeta blasted by Krillin... but that doesn't matter. Also, SSJ and other character's transformations should have been fully animated, definitely in cutscenes, as the game doesn't look so bad, but this really cheapens it, when compare to the nice animation of SSJ Goku in Opening... which is probably the only properly done animation in the game.

What I like aside from nostalgia... is another nostalgia, the game gives me strong DBO/MMO vibes. So the quests are repetitive, but somehow rewarding for the EXP and items, so you are like let's do the last one, another, another and 4 hours are away...

Kakarot is nothing outstanding and left a lot to be desired, so the game would be great DB ride for fans, but it's not a total disaster and as I said, the fights are less complicated but are more fun and work better than in Xenoverse 2 :)
Will have my fun with the game, try to do Platinum, but not much replayability as I don't see myself spending another 40+ hours on it.
Also, love the Kikuchi score in it and think that it should have been more extensive and not just few tracks only with repetitive VGM in the mix.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:52 am So one user's snarky comment on me not buying Kakarot or any other franchise game: ''But you will!'' came to fruition.
Snatched Kakarot on Black Friday, as the Ultimate wasn't for rudiculous 150 dollars on PS Store but with a 70% discount...

Actually, the game plays better than Xenoverse 2, looks better, even tough the models look awkward sometimes and are less detailed, but overall, the Story is nicely done so far, as I am in the middle of Android saga. Just missed a few bits and pieces from the stories or was expecting them to be animated somehow... and there is lot of weird faux censorship, like seeing Goku blasted trough and having hole in the chest, but not seeing 17 destroying Gero or Vegeta blasted by Krillin... but that doesn't matter. Also, SSJ and other character's transformations should have been fully animated, definitely in cutscenes, as the game doesn't look so bad, but this really cheapens it, when compare to the nice animation of SSJ Goku in Opening... which is probably the only properly done animation in the game.

What I like aside from nostalgia... is another nostalgia, the game gives me strong DBO/MMO vibes. So the quests are repetitive, but somehow rewarding for the EXP and items, so you are like let's do the last one, another, another and 4 hours are away...

Kakarot is nothing outstanding and left a lot to be desired, so the game would be great DB ride for fans, but it's not a total disaster and as I said, the fights are less complicated but are more fun and work better than in Xenoverse 2 :)
Will have my fun with the game, try to do Platinum, but not much replayability as I don't see myself spending another 40+ hours on it.
Also, love the Kikuchi score in it and think that it should have been more extensive and not just few tracks only with repetitive VGM in the mix.

Ultimate? Is that with both dlc? Is that sold at a discount for the physical version too?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:55 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 am
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:52 am So one user's snarky comment on me not buying Kakarot or any other franchise game: ''But you will!'' came to fruition.

Ultimate? Is that with both dlc? Is that sold at a discount for the physical version too?
I don't know, I am buying mostly digital on PSN. Last game I bought in a box to have all Star Wars games physical was Squadrons and then I saw it on PSN with 40% discount and hated myself :lol:
Games on Store are really pricey and more expensive than physical releases, but with all these deals going there for the whole year plus PS+, you get them a lot cheaper than the cheapest physical releases at times... I have amassed over 100 titles this way.

Yes, it goes with all the DLCs that are and will be released in future :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:57 pm

I hope we get a Switch port next year. We tend to see a Switch port of DB games a year after they came out (As seen with XV2 and DBF).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm

This DLC feels like a waste to me, I mean seriously why RoF? Probably the worst arc of Super and just an average Z movie. They should give us FT arc already.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:30 am

Noah wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm This DLC feels like a waste to me, I mean seriously why RoF? Probably the worst arc of Super and just an average Z movie. They should give us FT arc already.
Seriously, I would love them to adapt the End of Z arc for the last DLC, to finish the original manga story and call it a day.
As an old timer and fan of the original before Super, the game story following Z felt incomplete to me without the timeskip and showing Uub (they don't even mention Goku's wish for Buu to get reincarnated directly in the story, just as a remark in one of the filler sidequests).

I am OK with BOG and ROF cheap retellings as a bonus and also being originally Z movies, but adapting FT arc without the U6 and Tournament of Power afterwards will bother me a lot, as I hate incomplete things and Kakarot already is this kind of chimaera, pretending to be a whole Z story, but missing bits, adding lot of weird sidequest stories (like the animal designer drug, WTF).
And leaving out the Trunks fight with Cell after he knocks Vegeta out and also keaving out Trunks battling the future Androids and Cell, that was really weird.

Still, the game is better than what I expected to be, but leaves a lot to be desired and looks totally cheap and rushed at some places.
End of Z will give me a satisfying end to my gameplay :)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:11 pm

^ But didn't they already say that the third DLC would be a complete arc with a length comparable to the Freezer arc, the Cell arc or the Boo arc?
You can't expect End of Z to be as long as a complete arc, and they already said the upcoming arc would be at least that long.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:01 am

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:11 pmBut didn't they already say that the third DLC would be a complete arc with a length comparable to the Freezer arc, the Cell arc or the Boo arc?
It's going to be an arc, but I don't think they said anything about its length, although I'd hope it'll be long considering the price of the season pass.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:11 pm ^ But didn't they already say that the third DLC would be a complete arc with a length comparable to the Freezer arc, the Cell arc or the Boo arc?
You can't expect End of Z to be as long as a complete arc, and they already said the upcoming arc would be at least that long.
Depends, they can add lot of extra in sidequests, new character designs. I would love to be able to pick a skin also, like Gohan’s blue gi for example, as we had to play as Great Saiyaman instead of him using more relevant dress-up. But I wonder what will it be.
The Beerus and Freeza DLC were kinda fun, but it broke the replayability a bit as now you just finish all the past battles trough the time machine with just one punch.
I will be basically happy for anything that won’t be lazy like all robots having pirate robot design and such.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:03 pm

I was just waching a clip of that new Kimetsu game and I was surprised at how close to the anime it looked.
https://youtu.be/hZ4_zbqzYkk?t=50
The Naruto games were fine as well.

Why couldn't Kakarot get this kind of quality? The cutscenes are amazing, but the characters themselves are hard to look at.
https://i.imgur.com/BJ5rYBH.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZnannYt.png
It gets even worse after the fights end and the characters stand there stiff and emotionless while you read the dialogue boxes.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:34 am

Is there other exclusif character such as Bonyu in this game ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:32 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:03 pm I was just waching a clip of that new Kimetsu game and I was surprised at how close to the anime it looked.
https://youtu.be/hZ4_zbqzYkk?t=50
The Naruto games were fine as well.

Why couldn't Kakarot get this kind of quality? The cutscenes are amazing, but the characters themselves are hard to look at.
https://i.imgur.com/BJ5rYBH.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZnannYt.png
It gets even worse after the fights end and the characters stand there stiff and emotionless while you read the dialogue boxes.
Also the cutscenes are kinda cheap when it comes to transformations.

I wonder how will they end the game with the last DLC, so far we got just a small bonuses.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:32 am

My biggest problem with Kakarot is the lack of freedom in exploration.
  • Can't transform and fuse outside of battles
  • Can't use Kamehameha and other attacks to destroy random boulders or buildings to find some secrets (Only Ki Blasts are allowed)
  • No fun cave dungeons like in Legacy of Goku, there are barely any "inside" locations
So yeah, there really isn't much to do. I would prefer if this game let you fight during exploration, rather than making a "separate" mode that activates when you get into a battle.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:46 am

We'll be getting more info about the next DLC at the Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on 7th March
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:52 am

History of Trunks dlc announced for this summer.