"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:46 am

The Trunks DLC is nice and it was pretty weird to miss chunks of Trunks, most notably his fight with Cell before Cell games.

Still, in DBZ game covering the whole story, I do miss the end of Z Epilogue with Uub.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 am

Scsigs wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 am They should really update the game on Series X/S & PS5 to run at 60FPS like other companies have done to their games.
It might not be an official patch. But my game runs very nice on PS5, no more lag or dropped frames when flying close to the ground or using a big explosive attack. That was on a PS4 pro.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:11 am

What colour hair do the trunkses have in this game, and was there a change from the z era to the new future majin buu doc thing?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:51 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:11 am What colour hair do the trunkses have in this game, and was there a change from the z era to the new future majin buu doc thing?
It's the Z era purple hair throughout the whole story

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:11 pm

So far, so good. I have finished the story right with the end titles before the Majin Buu part and the overall retelling was good. I would like to have more sidequests though than just the one with Roshi and with the Vegeta flashback, I was secretly hoping for retelling of the cut fight of Trunks versus Cell.

But it is miles better than Beerus and resurrected Freeza arcs and I can say, that I am happy that Majin Buu is included in the Trunks arc and the game overall gave me around 60+ hours of fun (I am sick person, I had to get the game on Platinum and do everything).

With EOZ, it would've been perfect satisfaction for having something like Legacy Of Goku on modern era consoles on TV.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 am

nato25 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 am
Scsigs wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 am They should really update the game on Series X/S & PS5 to run at 60FPS like other companies have done to their games.
It might not be an official patch. But my game runs very nice on PS5, no more lag or dropped frames when flying close to the ground or using a big explosive attack. That was on a PS4 pro.
That's not a patch at all. That's the better hardware making the game run better. Both new consoles do that for many games. Try running FFXV in Lite Mode. Shit's a buttery smooth 60FPS on my Series X.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:19 pm

Nintendo Direct just confirmed a Switch release with "A New Power Awakens" included.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:16 pm

To accompany the release of the Switch version, it looks like Gotenks and Vegetto will be released as playable characters (unlocked via new side quests). An option to change game difficulty will also be added.

These additions will be released for other versions at a later date.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_207.html

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:19 pm

Vegito and Gotenks unlocked... nice... so we'll be able to give SSB to Vegito? sorry, I haven't played this for a while, I don't remember how SSB works.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm

I was almost a little annoyed at the Gotenks/Vegito unlock, because much as I love this game I really didn't want to buy it a second time for Switch, but I can wait for the PS4 update. It also gives me hope that maybe a second round of DLC will come out for the game. It's happened how many times for Xenoverse and twice for FighterZ now, so anything's possible.

The difficulty option is particularly interesting. Maybe that'll finally make the replaying the early episodes via the time machine actually challenging?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:28 pm

How is the game? I'm considering getting it now that it's coming to Switch.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:48 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:28 pm How is the game? I'm considering getting it now that it's coming to Switch.
I don't think it's worth the price. I've played this game twice and the only fun I had was watching the cutscenes.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:04 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:28 pm How is the game? I'm considering getting it now that it's coming to Switch.
If you ever played and loved the Legacy of Goku series back on the GBA, then this game might be right up your alley. They're not 1-and-1 the same obviously, but it's the closest feel to that experience I've ever had, except even better in some ways (and worse in others, admittedly). Yes, it's playing Raditz to Buu once again, but there's so much obvious love poured into this game that it's hard not to be charmed by it IMO.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 pm

You know, I know there need to be compromises to get this thing onto the Switch, but that trailer looked rough. Looked like some low resolutions, low quality textures and a sub-30 FPS.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:43 am

Lance Freeman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 pm You know, I know there need to be compromises to get this thing onto the Switch, but that trailer looked rough. Looked like some low resolutions, low quality textures and a sub-30 FPS.
And I'd fully believe that would be the final case. Even the PS4 Pro ran it fairly averagely.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:11 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:16 pm To accompany the release of the Switch version, it looks like Gotenks and Vegetto will be released as playable characters (unlocked via new side quests). An option to change game difficulty will also be added.

These additions will be released for other versions at a later date.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_207.html
I guess even more, day by day, the game becomes more like Buu's Fury in 3D. I genuinely hope as well that they patch the console versions to run at 60 to breathe new life into it.
Lance Freeman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 pm You know, I know there need to be compromises to get this thing onto the Switch, but that trailer looked rough. Looked like some low resolutions, low quality textures and a sub-30 FPS.
Not surprising. Every Switch port of UE4 games HAVE to use lower resolution textures to be able to hit a consistent, or mostly consistent, 30FPS. It's how they have to compromise for the hardware.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:54 am

Finally got around to playing the Trunks DLC and I honestly think Gohan's final stand was amazing, if not even better than the anime. (Which I already loved.)

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:03 am

I think a second season pass would be cool, I just can't imagine a Super sequel working.

I was thinking if they cover the Universe 6 stuff, they could have a subquest based on that Baseball filler where you play against Champa.

If they cover the Tournament of Power, they could add a Playable Frieza and be a big boss gauntlet.

A second season pass would probably depend on the DLC sales

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:51 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:11 am What colour hair do the trunkses have in this game, and was there a change from the z era to the new future majin buu doc thing?
It's the Z era purple hair throughout the whole story
But I thought they added Trunks Vs Buu manga style, he was blue haired there in the manga and anime.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am

TobyS wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 am But I thought they added Trunks Vs Buu manga style, he was blue haired there in the manga and anime.
The manga and the anime had a 20 year break, weird shit happened.

In the game it's the next chapter of the same campaign, for consistency's sake, no magical hair change.