"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Burst Limit's Box art was pretty minimal but it worked. This one is just... goku.jpeg on a gradient...

Also skeptical about Pre-Order story bonuses. I thought the whole premise of the game is to experience new stories. Didn't mention "paying in forward" for that. Hopefully it's available at some point later.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Shit like this will never be better than this or specially this.

Not that this game's cover is great, it's really simple and generic, well... Too much simple and generic. But having a lot of characters all over it is just visual pollution.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Yeah that cover sucks. With all the awesome dbz backgrounds they went with this... A color not even tied to dB at all.

Could have made some sort of beautiful interpretation of the opening or something. Dbz primo art always rubs me the wrong way in the past decade.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm Shit like this will never be better than this or specially this.

Not that this game's cover is great, it's really simple and generic, well... Too much simple and generic. But having a lot of characters all over it is just visual pollution.
Yeah, I agree with you. I always thought the original covers for the Tenkaichi games were too polluted and generic. The original/JPN cover for the first Tenkaichi cover was alright, but the other two, meh... Hell, I thought even the original cover arts for the Budokai games were way better than what we have now(with the Budokai 2 one being my fav), but I still think they were all no match for the American and European ones. So much memories...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:50 pm

I never liked a cover more than this one

Final Bout's and Ultimate Battle 22 also were pretty nice

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Buu Saga Teaser

Glorious Great Saiyaman, go!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:08 pm

It also confirms that the Bonyu training thing is just early access, it's something you can do in the game period. The sub-quest seems to be pre-order only though. There's also a collector's edition that looks kinda neat, but eh, I'm fine with the standard one.

Do we know for sure yet if the January 17th release date is for Japan or in the US too?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:08 pm It also confirms that the Bonyu training thing is just early access, it's something you can do in the game period. The sub-quest seems to be pre-order only though. There's also a collector's edition that looks kinda neat, but eh, I'm fine with the standard one.

Do we know for sure yet if the January 17th release date is for Japan or in the US too?
Looks to be global. They haven’t updated the standard edition date but Best Buy now has the collector’s edition listed under the 1-17-20 date: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dragon-bal ... Id=6378610

The trailer was also posted on the US PlayStation YouTube channel with the January date as well.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm Shit like this will never be better than this or specially this.

I feel the exact opposite. Xenoverse 1-2s box art doesn’t hold a candle to BT2 and BT3

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 pm

HYPE! I love that this game is going into details we never get in the games. When was the last time Frieza actually got cut in half by the disk!

I'm pretty sure that is the episode where Gohan and Videl try to stop those criminals that take over the bus full of elderly people?!

Buu saga frame stops reveal:
- Goku returning from the afterlife at the tournament grounds
- Babidi releasing Buu
- Dabura killing Kibito on the cliff face (damn those mountains look rough)
- Goten and Trunks talking to Majin Vegeta before the sacrifice
- Buu getting ready to attack (not sure who specifically based on his movement)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 pm

The collectors edition of the game:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Hooo man that collector's edition is tempting... but I'm gonna hold off on it. That figure looks incredible.

January 17 is perfect. Will definitely buy it on PC.

EDIT: Just checked out Steam. There's going to be more than one version of the game. This is Bandai Namco, after all.

These are in AUD.
  • Standard Edition: Just the game with the bonus pre-order items we saw in the trailer. $89.95
  • Digital Deluxe Edition: The game + the season pass which adds 2 original episodes and a new story. $119.95
  • Ultimate Edition: The game + season pass + a music compilation pack (11 additional songs from the anime, available Spring 2020) + A Tao Pai Pai pillar (available Spring 2020). $134.95
I'm just gonna pre-order the standard game and decide on whether or not I want the season pass after I've played the game. That Ultimate Edition sounds like crap. Another $15 just for some music and Tao Pai Pai's pillar? :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 am

Wonder if you get the two new episodes only with season pass.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 am

Well crud, I have no idea where i'm gonna put that on my bookshelf :lol:
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 am

Naruto6583 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 am Well crud, I have no idea where i'm gonna put that on my bookshelf :lol:
Bookshelf? Isn't that for... books?
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm Hooo man that collector's edition is tempting... but I'm gonna hold off on it. That figure looks incredible.

January 17 is perfect. Will definitely buy it on PC.

EDIT: Just checked out Steam. There's going to be more than one version of the game. This is Bandai Namco, after all.

These are in AUD.
  • Standard Edition: Just the game with the bonus pre-order items we saw in the trailer. $89.95
  • Digital Deluxe Edition: The game + the season pass which adds 2 original episodes and a new story. $119.95
  • Ultimate Edition: The game + season pass + a music compilation pack (11 additional songs from the anime, available Spring 2020) + A Tao Pai Pai pillar (available Spring 2020). $134.95
I'm just gonna pre-order the standard game and decide on whether or not I want the season pass after I've played the game. That Ultimate Edition sounds like crap. Another $15 just for some music and Tao Pai Pai's pillar? :lol:
You write songs, did you mean tunes/melodies?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 am

All my books are in storage. I use it for ps4 games and statue's
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 amYou write songs, did you mean tunes/melodies?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm just writing what I saw off of Steam. I'm assuming they mean either songs with lyrics like the Head Cha-La opening or more Kikuchi tracks.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 am

I'm assuming that 'episodes' are quests and 'new story' is a new arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 am

Huh, I think that's the first mention there's been of a season pass or additional music or anything. Hopefully those get detailed for the PS4 soon too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm

the cover is pretty boring but those kind of designs for game boxarts are becoming more and more common, so i'm not shocked it went in that direction. still though, they really could have spiced up the background at least a little, lmao.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸