"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:
nato25 wrote:Very cool trailer but no gameplay there. In a way I'm glad it might just be to end of freeza. They can really focus on the arcs and do the best with them.
Pretty sure we see a shot of Goku's Buu arc spirit bomb
Where?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
nato25 wrote:Very cool trailer but no gameplay there. In a way I'm glad it might just be to end of freeza. They can really focus on the arcs and do the best with them.
Where?
Somewhere after the Frieza moments, we see Goku charging up the Super Spirit bomb on somewhere that's clearly not Namekem, the only time he's used it after Namek (Outside of the movies) is the Buu arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Pretty sure we see a shot of Goku's Buu arc spirit bomb
Where?
Somewhere after the Frieza moments, we see Goku charging up the Super Spirit bomb on somewhere that's clearly not Namekem, the only time he's used it after Namek (Outside of the movies) is the Buu arc.
I noticed that too, though thing is, that doesn't look like the Planet of the Kais. It looked like Earth, but not the big rocky area where he and Vegeta fought either. So that's definitely a curious little moment in the teaser.

Speaking of the teaser more directly, HOLY CRAP AM I HYPE. I'm a little concerned that, even with that little Spirit Bomb moment, that it might only go through the Freeza arc, but you know what? If the game is fun enough and expansive enough (something no fighting game, no matter how big of a roster it can give, can truly accomplish), I'd be okay with it only covering a portion of the story - supposing we got a sequel to finish it at any rate.

Super, super hyped for this one. It'll definitely be a day one purchase for me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Pretty sure we see a shot of Goku's Buu arc spirit bomb
Where?
Hmm... The sky isn't purple like in the Land of the Kais. Also, Goku is shirtless which happens only in movies and I guess Saiyan arc. Guess we'll see.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:31 pm

The graphics are better than Xenoverse ever was, but I need to see the rest.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm very curious to see how things unfold after the teaser. Love the art style and curious to see how the gameplay will unfold.

For now, I'll call this Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku HD Remake :lol:

Joking aside, very excited to see how this will go!

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfMBDSTEbm8
One day we'll move on from 'Head-Cha-La'
What for? It's the theme of Z.

This kinda reminds me of the pre-Budokai rumors back in 2000/2001 or so about an open world DBZ game in development that had small blurry pictures of Goku hanging around Kame House. Interesting to see something like that manifest some 20 years later.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Glad to see the rumors are true. The graphics are beautiful. And I'm hoping CC2 can bring the plot far into Super. Although, to be honest, am I the only one who thought Goku's hair looked weird?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:
It very well could be Goku's Spirit Bomb on Namek, very hard to tell with the colours of the sky etc, need to take a deeper look. Considering that whole trailer is Freeza saga would be wierd to include one Buu saga thing.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Son Dragon wrote:Glad to see the rumors are true. The graphics are beautiful. And I'm hoping CC2 can bring the plot far into Super. Although, to be honest, am I the only one who thought Goku's hair looked weird?
I thought it looked strange too, Goku's hairstyle is definitely hard to make look right in 3D.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:51 pm

nato25 wrote:
Son Dragon wrote:Glad to see the rumors are true. The graphics are beautiful. And I'm hoping CC2 can bring the plot far into Super. Although, to be honest, am I the only one who thought Goku's hair looked weird?
I thought it looked strange too, Goku's hairstyle is definitely hard to make look right in 3D.
I'm not the only who thought so. Still the game is in development and with CC2's track record I honestly think it could surpass Fighterz if the combat is fine right? They'll probably add in a versus mode as well.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:54 pm

It seems I'm gonna have to wait a little longer. Not gonna judge the game now because when XV1 was announced, the very first trailer also seemed that it would make the mistake to cover just Dragon Ball Z without bringing anything interesting.

They could at least reveal the name though. Or maybe the name will giveaway too much?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 pm

Grimlock wrote:It seems I'm gonna have to wait a little longer. Not gonna judge the game now because when XV1 was announced, the very first trailer also seemed that it would make the mistake to cover just Dragon Ball Z without bringing anything interesting.

They could at least reveal the name though. Or maybe the name will giveaway too much?
If it's going back to Z maybe project Z IS the name ....

But yes it looks beautiful

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:50 pm

CyberConnect 2? Take my fuckin money. I absolutely adore the Naruto Storm series. Those games had awesome story modes.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Grimlock wrote:It seems I'm gonna have to wait a little longer. Not gonna judge the game now because when XV1 was announced, the very first trailer also seemed that it would make the mistake to cover just Dragon Ball Z without bringing anything interesting.

My guess, especially based on past instances, is because the title hasn't been finalized yet.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Cyber Connect 2? FUCK.. I dont wanna keep mashing O to do combos.. Hopefully the gameplay isnt like that. Also i'm a bit bummed that we're probably gonna be mostly playing as Goku going through the story, was hoping for a bit more of an original concept but hey we'll see here this goes.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

Graphics give me Burst Limit vibes.

Welp. I can see DLC going 3 ways.

DBZ Movies as DLC Packs

DBS arcs as DLC Packs

GT arcs as DLC Packs
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:03 am

I honestly hope this entry stays Dragon Ball / Z. Just give us a authentic nostalgia game for once. Movies are fine, however (pre OVA / BotG).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:17 am

SSJmole wrote:If it's going back to Z maybe project Z IS the name ....
Every time a game is announced without the developers wanting to reveal or haven't decide a name, they use "Project". It has been done quite a lot in the past. Also, Bandai Namco confirmed on Facebook that "Project Z" is not the name.
The S wrote:My guess, especially based on past instances, is because the title hasn't been finalized yet.
Correct, also what I mentioned above.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:21 am

Grimlock wrote:
SSJmole wrote:If it's going back to Z maybe project Z IS the name ....
No. Every time a game is announced without the developers wanting to reveal or haven't decide a name, they use "Project". It has been done quite a lot in the past. Also, Bandai Namco confirmed on Facebook that "Project Z" is not the name.
Ah that's fair I was thinking like "Project Gotham Racing" but fair enough. I'm now curious what the name will be.