"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:21 am

So hyped for the trunks dlc. Best announcement they could have made for kakarot in my opinion. I'm sure many others hold this story in high regard and it looks like they are being greatly faithful.

And I think tien lost his arm in saiyan saga in kakarot without any censoring, so one arm let's go!!!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:35 am

I was always hoping they'd do this story over Super's Trunks arc, as it's far more important to the events of Z than that arc. It's a shame they never did anything with Bardock's special, as I would've taken that over the 2 BOG/RF DLCs we got.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 am

Oh, so they are going to adapt Trunks TV Special, huh? It might be the first time, if they don't skip anything. We just have things here and there in XV2, but it's obviously missing some parts.

Hopefully interesting (and new) information will be revealed, as that's what I'll be looking forward to.

EDIT: So, going by the trailer, it seems they will adapt the anime version, where Vegeta has Super Saiyan (no confirmation that Vegeta achieved it in the manga), which may also indicate we'll see Trunks first transformation too. The trailer also mentions that the story will start thirteen years after Goku died, which would place it in AGE 779. That's one year before Gohan's death. So there's plenty of room to come up with tidbits, lore, information and whatever they want to add. Which I'm all for.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:00 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 amIt seems they will adapt the anime version, where Vegeta has Super Saiyan (no confirmation that Vegeta achieved it in the manga), which may also indicate we'll see Trunks first transformation too.
I don't see why he wouldn't have it in the manga, as I assume things played out the same as they did until Goku got sick. Vegeta would've still saved Goku from the androids and killed #19. The only difference would be them finding out about the androids through TV and not going after Gero.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:31 am

I hope it goes into Black, otherwise this DLC is gonna be lacking on content. PLus, feels weird that the first two DLCs were about 'training' the player for the third DLC if it covers a story without Blue Goku and Vegeta.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:30 am

I haven't been this excited since the announcement of the "open world" DB game. After two weak DLCs finally comes something worth of playing this game again.
I don't like Super but Goku Black Arc was nice (only arc worth watching in Super but unfortunatelly the ending sucked hard) so I hope it'll be included in this DLC or done as yet another DLC so we can have full story of Future Trunks.

edit:
Flying in this destroyed, dystopian world where everything is glumsy, dark and sad is going to be so different experience than flying around in bright, happy and sunny world. Me likes this.
I hope we can play as Son Gohan. He's the best version of Gohan (talking about halflings, not counting the ultimate super duper ultra grandpa Gohan who is even better!).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:39 am

Trouser wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:30 am I haven't been this excited since the announcement of the "open world" DB game. After two weak DLCs finally comes something worth of playing this game again.
I don't like Super but Goku Black Arc was nice (only arc worth watching in Super but unfortunatelly the ending sucked hard) so I hope it'll be included in this DLC or done as yet another DLC so we can have full story of Future Trunks.
With the amount of support the other 2 games have been getting, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second season pass that includes other parts of the story.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:50 am

Yeah, this is the first time that we will have full coverage of the story of Trunks in a Dragon Ball game. Kakarot usually also adds more pieces of lore and expands the relationship of the characters in the story arcs so I am interested to see how they are going to handle this. I understand some people's frustration with DLC3 not being Zamasu arc, I would also like it to be included (and it would make sense considering that they gave us SSG and SSB in the latest DLCs), but I think it might be interesting to adapt this TV Special

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:19 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:00 amI don't see why he wouldn't have it in the manga, as I assume things played out the same as they did until Goku got sick. Vegeta would've still saved Goku from the androids and killed #19. The only difference would be them finding out about the androids through TV and not going after Gero.
No, it's Goku who defeats Freeza and King Cold (speaking of which, I'd like to see that in the game). The split between those timelines happened way before that. Trunks doesn't know about Android 19, and considering how things occurred, I don't think he exists in that timeline, or if he does, he wasn't activated at all.

Since it's Goku who defeated them (and seeing that Goku actually dies), then we are led to assume that Trunks didn't arrive in that timeline to give the medicine to Goku. With no Trunks, then there's no Goku and Trunks showing off their Super Saiyan and pissing off Vegeta (which is what prompts Vegeta to go and achieve Super Saiyan). No pissed off Vegeta, I don't think he managed to get the form, also because there was no warning that the androids would appear since Trunks wasn't there to warn them.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:32 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:19 amSince it's Goku who defeated them (and seeing that Goku actually dies), then we are led to assume that Trunks didn't arrive in that timeline to give the medicine to Goku. With no Trunks, then there's no Goku and Trunks showing off their Super Saiyan and pissing off Vegeta (which is what prompts Vegeta to go and achieve Super Saiyan). No pissed off Vegeta, I don't think he managed to get the form, also because there was no warning that the androids would appear since Trunks wasn't there to warn them.
Wouldn't Goku taking out both Freeza and his father upset Vegeta just as much, if not more so ?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:36 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:32 am
Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:19 amSince it's Goku who defeated them (and seeing that Goku actually dies), then we are led to assume that Trunks didn't arrive in that timeline to give the medicine to Goku. With no Trunks, then there's no Goku and Trunks showing off their Super Saiyan and pissing off Vegeta (which is what prompts Vegeta to go and achieve Super Saiyan). No pissed off Vegeta, I don't think he managed to get the form, also because there was no warning that the androids would appear since Trunks wasn't there to warn them.
Wouldn't Goku taking out both Freeza and his father upset Vegeta just as much, if not more so ?
Yeah. Besides, Vegeta never gave a damn about the Androids in the first place until he was defeated by 18, and grossly underestimated them.
Heck, as soon as he joins the fight he does so to save Goku so that he doesn’t get killed by the androids. His goal is clearly always that of surpassing Goku, so it makes sense that in the future he was able to go Super Saiyan anyways as he must have trained as hard as he did in the familiar timeline, and we don’t know when exactly he first achieved Super Saiyan.
It’s also possible that in Trunks’ future he achieved Super Saiyan through rage for not having his chance to defeat Goku after his death.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:38 am

emperior wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:36 amIt’s also possible that in Trunks’ future he achieved Super Saiyan through rage for not having his chance to defeat Goku after his death.
Although I think the fight with Gero and 19 played out more or less the same, this makes sense as well.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:32 amWouldn't Goku taking out both Freeza and his father upset Vegeta just as much, if not more so ?
If he witnessed the whole thing, yes. We know that Goku arrived on Earth with the Teleport (since he wouldn't make it in time if he had continued travelling with the space pod). It's possible that Goku defeated them both quickly, before Vegeta or anyone else be there, kind of what happened with Trunks in the present.

He could have sensed the Ki, at least. Which might also serve as a way to justify Vegeta having Super Saiyan, I guess. But like I said, no confirmation that he has the form in the manga.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am

Will the Story of Trunks be the last DLC ? :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm

I wonder if this will be more like the full-fledged arcs of the main story with awesome cutscenes or like the two-mission DLC that came before it.
I guess we'll unlock SS with Trunks, fight and lose to the androids, including Gohan's death, some more fights with 17 and 18 and then go back to the past. I do want them to make us fight but not defeat the androids, introducing a gameplay that needs us to survive. I hate when you beat up the enemy and the cutscene has YOU battered.
I hope we get to come back and wipe out the androids. I've read some people say that maybe we'll get to experience Black's arrival, but I highly doubt that.
It would've been nice to play as Yadrat Goku vs Freeza and Cold, though.

Flying around in a destroyed West City sounds great. I'm still amazed about the deserted Ginger Town with clothes lying around, I have no doubt they'll make Trunks' world a treat.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm I wonder if this will be more like the full-fledged arcs of the main story with awesome cutscenes or like the two-mission DLC that came before it.
Well, the last two DLCs were advertised as small boss episodes while this one is advertised as a full blown arc.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm I wonder if this will be more like the full-fledged arcs of the main story with awesome cutscenes or like the two-mission DLC that came before it.
They said that the size of this DLC would be on par with main story arcs like the Saiyan or Freeza arc, so it will probably be at least 5 - 7 hours long. I don't know how they are going to do it by adapting just the TV special, so they are probably going to add more stuff and there is a small chance of covering until the fight against Dabura and Babidi. If not, probably until Cell's defeat at least

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Oh, thanks, guys. That's great news.

So what do you guys think about the possibility of it including the Black arc, and the SSB forms introduced in the previous DLC? do you think it could be possible or you think that it'll be just the Z portion?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:00 pm
They said that the size of this DLC would be on par with main story arcs like the Saiyan or Freeza arc, so it will probably be at least 5 - 7 hours long. I don't know how they are going to do it by adapting just the TV special, so they are probably going to add more stuff and there is a small chance of covering until the fight against Dabura and Babidi. If not, probably until Cell's defeat at least
Half the playtime about collecting ingrediants and parts for the time machine, lets go!

Seriously though, Trunks was a pretty short special all around, so unless Buu and the Black arc are getting covered, I fear how much padding is gonna be in this
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:05 pm Oh, thanks, guys. That's great news.

So what do you guys think about the possibility of it including the Black arc, and the SSB forms introduced in the previous DLC? do you think it could be possible or you think that it'll be just the Z portion?
I think it's likely to include the Black arc, but then logically they would have teased that in the trailer, so...

Kanassa wrote:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:24 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:50 am Yeah, this is the first time that we will have full coverage of the story of Trunks in a Dragon Ball game. Kakarot usually also adds more pieces of lore and expands the relationship of the characters in the story arcs so I am interested to see how they are going to handle this. I understand some people's frustration with DLC3 not being Zamasu arc, I would also like it to be included (and it would make sense considering that they gave us SSG and SSB in the latest DLCs), but I think it might be interesting to adapt this TV Special
Legacy of Goku 2 actually starts the game with History of Trunks story and ends with him killing the androids and Cell back in future after the story is over.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88