"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:46 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:41 am And suddenly, a release date and gameplay for DLC 3, June 11th

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1400094257520660488

One-armed Gohan's adapted combos/skills look cool, and it's refreshing to finally see him fight in this version. Except for that there's not much to the gameplay tho.

Also, the official DB site pretty much confirms that the DLC will adapt the TV special, also covering the fight against Cell after the androids defeat (so if there's anything beyond that it'll just be in some kind of bonus or epilogue mission).

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_161.html

What caught my attention is the fact that the article says that after the defeat of the androids, Trunks must continue training and learning new ''special moves'' to face Cell, so I wonder if we'll see a bit of the world after peace is restored, similar to the intermissions during the story arcs in the main game, instead of jumping straight into the fight against Cell 3 years later
A type of minigame where you collect resources to slowly bring destroyed West City back to normal, or basically what it is in the main game, would be cool.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Maybe that awful SSR will be an unlockable feature?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:42 am

New footage

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 9686423552

Future Bulma and Future Chichi / Gyumaoh shown for the first time

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Launch trailer for the DLC 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwRaaD97so&t=8s

Also, someone has already posted the entire DLC on Youtube (according to the guy, Bandai provided an early copy for him). I didn't watch it but I just saw the ending so spoilers about that (confirming some things we were speculating):

Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 pm

It’s interesting how they have Alexis Tipton voicing young Trunks this time instead of Eric Vale putting on a younger voice like usual
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Oh wow, they actually

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm Oh wow, they actually
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm

• Nice that we got to see Trunks perspective when he goes back to his time the first time. Always a pleasure to see the other side of things.

• I thought they would mention some sort of timeskip after Trunks is healed. The way it's shown, it is as if Trunks goes back in time in AGE 783, but there's a timeskip between that and his first trip to the past (as he goes back in AGE 784). Well, this is an issue from the series too.

• MAJIN BUU SAGA! This is what I love to see, they didn't say a single word, but it's there! :D

• They still mention that Bibidi created Majin Buu.

• They did mention that "a few years" passed, so Majin Buu saga can't take place right in AGE 789. It should be at some point between AGE 790 and AGE 795.

• Trunks says Dabura "feels way stronger than Cell", curious... :think:

• Trunks' Super Saiyan 2 hair is different from his Super Saiyan hair. This does put a smile on my face too! :D Damn you Toei for messing this up.

• No Goku Black or any sort of hint. Then again, I don't think they would adapt Future Trunks saga with Trunks sporting purple hair... They would have no other choice other than having to come up with an explanation as to why Trunks had purple hair up until Majin Buu saga and then having it suddenly changed to blue one saga later.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm • Nice that we got to see Trunks perspective when he goes back to his time the first time. Always a pleasure to see the other side of things.

• I thought they would mention some sort of timeskip after Trunks is healed. The way it's shown, it is as if Trunks goes back in time in AGE 783, but there's a timeskip between that and his first trip to the past (as he goes back in AGE 784). Well, this is an issue from the series too.

• MAJIN BUU SAGA! This is what I love to see, they didn't say a single word, but it's there! :D

• They still mention that Bibidi created Majin Buu.

• They did mention that "a few years" passed, so Majin Buu saga can't take place right in AGE 789. It should be at some point between AGE 790 and AGE 795.

• Trunks says Dabura "feels way stronger than Cell", curious... :think:

• Trunks' Super Saiyan 2 hair is different from his Super Saiyan hair. This does put a smile on my face too! :D Damn you Toei for messing this up.

• No Goku Black or any sort of hint. Then again, I don't think they would adapt Future Trunks saga with Trunks sporting purple hair... They would have no other choice other than having to come up with an explanation as to why Trunks had purple hair up until Majin Buu saga and then having it suddenly changed to blue one saga later.
This info sent my hype level through the roof!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Naruto6583 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 pm It’s interesting how they have Alexis Tipton voicing young Trunks this time instead of Eric Vale putting on a younger voice like usual
Young Trunks, as in present timeline Trunks? Why did they do that? I guess it might've been to better-match with Trunks being 13/14 at the time, but it's still weird. Maybe also Vale didn't wanna have to try to do a younger voice, which is understandable.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 pm

dualist wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 pm This info sent my hype level through the roof!
Hopefully this means if Xenoverse 3 ever becomes reality, Dimps also adapts it so we can have another take on it. I would very much like to see Trunks reaction to Majin Buu.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 am

Just an interesting piece of information

In Future Gohan's character bio, it is stated that his Super Saiyan transformation was triggered as a result of the anger at the death of the Z fighters. I think a lot of people thought that was the case, it really seemed like the best scenario for his transformation.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 pm
dualist wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 pm This info sent my hype level through the roof!
Hopefully this means if Xenoverse 3 ever becomes reality, Dimps also adapts it so we can have another take on it. I would very much like to see Trunks reaction to Majin Buu.
Agreed! Although I wonder when we'll ever get an XV3 with all the money they make of the DLCs. The XV series is somewhat becoming a DB as a Service type game similar to Destiny with all these packs and whatnot. The issue with that is the game needs another leap of improvement.

But back to Kakarot, I'm interested to see if this game opens up the door for some kind of sequel that covers Super. My main concern about Super content is outside of the Black Arc is pretty much all tournament stuff or boss battles. Hopefully they're waiting for the anime to return to adapt the Moro arc which does involve some more adventure style content.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 pm

Before any Dragon Ball Super stuff, we should be asking for a Bardock DLC instead (a Dragon Ball game without Bardock is just pure nonsense).

As we can see, CC did a wonderful job with the Trunks DLC, imagine what they could do with him. Adapting both Dragon Ball Minus and the TV Special... Moving yourself around and exploring planet Vegeta...

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 pm

A Bardock DLC would be great, yes. It's a chance to bring back the Namek arc characters, and introduce a saiyan squad. Fighting Dodoria, and maybe some other runts and a final confrontation with 1st form Freeeza. Ohzaru could be their transformation.
Minus wouldn't bring much to the table, though. Bardock is just boring there... maybe a blend of both worlds would work better, so we can have Gine.

I just hope, for this DLC at least, that when you fight somebody stronger, you are not expected to defeat them, instead you have to survive. It sucks to defeat someone and then the cutscene has the defeated enemy unharmed and gloating... after receving a pounding. It's 2021, please, devs...

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:00 pm

I haven't finished the final bit of the dlc yet but I enjoyed it. Only thing I found lacking was that they didn't make a theme park area to fight the androids with trunks the first time which was a bit disappointing. Other than that, the added bits were nice and one of my favourite stories was finally done justice in game form.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:34 am

I saw this on twitter and I have to know - is this actually in the game?!

https://twitter.com/Titanic_Saiyan/stat ... 6104092672
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:06 am

Saiga wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:34 am I saw this on twitter and I have to know - is this actually in the game?!

https://twitter.com/Titanic_Saiyan/stat ... 6104092672
Yup, it was such a 'wtf' moment to just stumble upon after beating Cell.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:18 am

The side quests themselves are the most mundane tasks imaginable, but the stories that go with them are pretty enjoyable.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 am

They should really update the game on Series X/S & PS5 to run at 60FPS like other companies have done to their games.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs