"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:13 pm

The Undying wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:57 pm
Xeogran wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:48 pm Remember there was a Broly mention in the files, I think he may be a secret boss in DLC3 even if it won't be about him. Now which one, hard to say.
As far as I know, nothing hints at Broly. Dataminers found "If only we could use the Dragon Balls to take Broly down..." in the text files, but it just turned out to be one of the collectible cards in the game.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Welp, Broly's chances are down to 50% from 100% now, because they always find a way to put him into a game that's not even about him (see Attack of the Saiyans) :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm

The Undying wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 pm I think hackers found files that indicate it'll be the Future Trunks arc.
Yeah, I remember that. Something about a website listing "Future Trunks Arc: Hope!!" as the final part, which probably alludes to the arc in Super?

Personally I'd rather have a completely unique story with something like Ultra Instinct to sell it, but maybe that's asking for too much. I'm partial to the manga's version of the Future Trunks arc, but the anime's version seems better suited to a video game adaptation. Looking forward to it either way.
They also found files for Pikhaun who hasn't appeared yet and I think the Devs actually stated that the story arc DLC wouldn't be an adaptation of an arc. I don't think it will be the Black Arc, but it might be some Time Breaker shinanigans considering Mira and Towa being in the base game.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:16 pm Anyone have any idea what would be the best way to grind up to Lv. 300 now that that's the new cap? I'm not sure if fighting Golden Frieza's second level of training (I'm definitely not ready for his final Lv. 300 one yet), or doing one of the later hoard battle options, would be better.
You earn XP Items from training with Whis.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm I think the Devs actually stated that the story arc DLC wouldn't be an adaptation of an arc. I don't think it will be the Black Arc, but it might be some Time Breaker shinanigans considering Mira and Towa being in the base game.
That's honestly my theory at this point too. The third DLC's 'story arc', I'm betting will be something to do with Towa and Mira, perhaps even lending itself as a lead-in point for Xenoverse 3 (since their appearance in the game already serves as an 'interquel' for their actions between Xenvoerse 1 and 2 in a way). We might even end up seeing the Goku and Vegeta in this game become the Time Patrol versions of the characters we often see in Heroes and such.
Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm You earn XP Items from training with Whis.
Yeah, but they only work for up to Lv. 250 last I checked, right? I'm well past that, just trying to figure out the best way to finish off my grind to the new level cap (300).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:47 pm
Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm You earn XP Items from training with Whis.
Yeah, but they only work for up to Lv. 250 last I checked, right? I'm well past that, just trying to figure out the best way to finish off my grind to the new level cap (300).
Whis has more training missions in the second DLC, though I think you have to work back up to that one since the DLCs are seperate content.

Kanassa wrote:

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:05 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm
The Undying wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 pm I think hackers found files that indicate it'll be the Future Trunks arc.
Yeah, I remember that. Something about a website listing "Future Trunks Arc: Hope!!" as the final part, which probably alludes to the arc in Super?

Personally I'd rather have a completely unique story with something like Ultra Instinct to sell it, but maybe that's asking for too much. I'm partial to the manga's version of the Future Trunks arc, but the anime's version seems better suited to a video game adaptation. Looking forward to it either way.
They also found files for Pikhaun who hasn't appeared yet and I think the Devs actually stated that the story arc DLC wouldn't be an adaptation of an arc. I don't think it will be the Black Arc, but it might be some Time Breaker shinanigans considering Mira and Towa being in the base game.
I think the only DLCs with original stories are these two (Bog and RoF). As I recall, they did not use the word '' original '' to refer to the story arc, so I assume this will be a story told using earlier arcs as a basis.

Trunks' story seems to be the most likely because of the leak that came out (IIRC, it was a website that listed the contents of the season pass). This could be either his story in the original Dragon Ball or the arc with Goku Black (or maybe a mix of the two, since the base game didn't tell his story before traveling to the past).

Anyway, it would be strange to introduce SSG and SSB and make the third DLC totally unrelated to them

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:03 pm
Whis has more training missions in the second DLC, though I think you have to work back up to that one since the DLCs are seperate content.
That's what I mean though - the items he gives you stop working once you get past Lv. 250, and you can't sell them either, so they just...gather in your inventory, endlessly, unfortuantely.

That said, I found a pretty good training method that just got me to Lv. 300 with Goku and Vegeta and put a pretty good boost to Gohan (who I had with them). The hoard battles, once you finish the basic training ones from the hoard battle spot, give you three 'final challenge' type ones. Go to one of them (the one I used was the first, 'Survival Training: Trial of Valor', which just tasks you with defeating as many enemies as you can before you rHP runs out. You can't use recovery items, but there's one of the know-hows from the skill trees that lets you heal while in Burst mode...and both SSB and another know how boost how long you're in surge mode. That negates a LOT of trouble in the health department. From that, make sure your two assists have know-hows equipped that boost how quickly they can refill their assist meters, because you're going to want to do the Z Combos a LOT because it has the chance of blowing away 100 or more people in one go (though I've had some only give me like 30, so it's a crapshoot). Finally, pop some of the food items that increase how much experience you get as well, and you're looking at a great way to grind for EXP, because while the goal of that trial is to defeat 999 opponents, it doesn't stop when you do. You just keep going until you die, and I got it up to 2,619, pushing me like 6 levels at once for Goku and Vegeta to the new max cap.

It's a bit of a timesink, but when you think of going in and out of menus and how long it can take otherwise, it's not that bad really, and it's really satisfying just beating down hundreds upon hundreds of the Freeza soldiers at once.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm
Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:03 pm

That's what I mean though - the items he gives you stop working once you get past Lv. 250, and you can't sell them either, so they just...gather in your inventory, endlessly, unfortuantely.
What I mean is that Whis, in the second DLC, has an extra training mission with a new XP item, but you have to redo the prior ones in the second DLC to get that mission.

Kanassa wrote:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am Mira and Towa have nothing to do with Brolys, though. I don't think they would use those characters to bring Broly too. Their role was probably just that, a cameo.
That's not what I meant. I meant that it opens up the possibility of the multiple dimensions kind of thing.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am

Are there supposed to be new moves with the new DLC or am I mistaken?
I thought I read that somewhere some time ago but I can't find anything about it now.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 am

Scsigs wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm That's not what I meant. I meant that it opens up the possibility of the multiple dimensions kind of thing.
Gotcha. Like I said, I think if Mira and Towa were to have a bigger role, they would have got it by now. Heck, even Bonyu, this game's original character, was nothing more than an NPC. Sometimes I forget about her.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 pm What I mean is that Whis, in the second DLC, has an extra training mission with a new XP item, but you have to redo the prior ones in the second DLC to get that mission.
I'm either not finding what you're talking about, or something's not working quite right in one of our copies or something, cuz I'm scratching my head right now.

I just re-played all of Whis's Super Level-Up Training (from Lv. 5 'Beginner' through Lv. 200 'Supreme Kai') and nothing else opened up for me there (which is a little weird, you'd think there would be new ones going up to 300...), and the highest level item available still is the Ultimate Sacred Water, which can't be used once you get past Lv. 250. And if you mean Whis's Limit Break Training, which were three new training things for this DLC, those I've already done and it won't let me play them again - they also only give out Ultimate Sacred Water. So...yeah. I'm at a loss for what I'm not seeing right now. :?
Twitter

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Ok, this game could use an enhancement patch for next gen consoles. Even with the Xbox: Series X having better tech than Xbox One X, I still got frame drops when a lot of shit's going on at once & the 30fps kills me. I hope they can do that soon.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 am

The fastest way to grind to level 300 is mindlessly exterminating schmucks in the Valor Trial, and it really is as monotonous as it sounds. If you have Self Medication equipped, you practically can't lose.

Oh, and as I feared, they patched out the free-roam transformation glitch. :thumbdown:
Formerly Marlowe89.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am

The Undying wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 am The fastest way to grind to level 300 is mindlessly exterminating schmucks in the Valor Trial, and it really is as monotonous as it sounds. If you have Self Medication equipped, you practically can't lose.

Oh, and as I feared, they patched out the free-roam transformation glitch. :thumbdown:
This hurt my soul when I was endlessly trying to end battles in a way to fly around while Blue. They have other things they could patch tho... (combat system to start...).

And as for grinding to 300.... that was nuts. I used Goku, Vegeta and Gohan as well and fought the hoard battles, spamming Ultimate Vanish (or whatever), until we eventually leveled up. Then did rounds of collecting dragonballs and fighting red aura characters to gain Z orbs. I'm always low on the blue ones.

Level 300 Freeza... is a monster. I still haven't beaten him, I've only manage get him down to the red with Goku, and sadly nowhere close with Vegeta. If 5 or 6 hits connect during his attack boost phase you are DEAD. Dodging, especially dodging Golden Rush, is critical. They're not going to make this easy like the last DLC.

I liked the way they adapted the story, especially keeping an on-point version of Gohan. The cutscenes were pretty cool too. I still think the character models look weird though, especially close ups of Golden Freeza.

I'll probably keep playing for another week or so. Until the next one...!
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:35 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am And as for grinding to 300.... that was nuts. I used Goku, Vegeta and Gohan as well and fought the hoard battles, spamming Ultimate Vanish (or whatever), until we eventually leveled up.
That's the same team I used, and when I discovered that Self Medication could regenerate your health while in Surge, I equipped that bad boy, went into the next hoard battle, and... well... this happened:

I eventually just let myself die because I got bored, and the experience I could get from it probably capped out long before I threw in the towel. On the bright side, it boosted Goku and Vegeta straight to max level from wherever they were at before.

Never doing that shit again. :lol:
Formerly Marlowe89.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:45 pm

I haven't touched this game since completing the main story at launch. I did not go out after all of those extra-villainous-or-whatever dudes to beat up, so I didn't do Mira/Towa, etc. No real interest then, and no real interest now.

What is the process like if I theoretically wanted to get the DLC and play through its raw story material? Is that even possible? Is there like a "normal" level to play its story and then later a "super mega OMG level 500" optional version of the bosses, or is "haha you didn't grind back at launch so don't even bother" the only option? Do you pick up a quest somewhere to go do these DLC stories? Or is it a menu option?

I barely have any interest, so any hurdles are likely to keep me away, but curious...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:46 pm

The Undying wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:35 pm
DarkPrince_92 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am And as for grinding to 300.... that was nuts. I used Goku, Vegeta and Gohan as well and fought the hoard battles, spamming Ultimate Vanish (or whatever), until we eventually leveled up.
That's the same team I used, and when I discovered that Self Medication could regenerate your health while in Surge, I equipped that bad boy, went into the next hoard battle, and... well... this happened:
I eventually just let myself die because I got bored, and the experience I could get from it probably capped out long before I threw in the towel. On the bright side, it boosted Goku and Vegeta straight to max level from wherever they were at before.

Never doing that shit again. :lol:
To give the devs some due praise, the grinding in the game after the DLCs came out was much improved. As someone who appreciates good game design, this is something other RPGs should learn from for the post-game grind.
VegettoEX wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:45 pm I haven't touched this game since completing the main story at launch. I did not go out after all of those extra-villainous-or-whatever dudes to beat up, so I didn't do Mira/Towa, etc. No real interest then, and no real interest now.

What is the process like if I theoretically wanted to get the DLC and play through its raw story material? Is that even possible? Is there like a "normal" level to play its story and then later a "super mega OMG level 500" optional version of the bosses, or is "haha you didn't grind back at launch so don't even bother" the only option? Do you pick up a quest somewhere to go do these DLC stories? Or is it a menu option?

I barely have any interest, so any hurdles are likely to keep me away, but curious...
To go into it, the first DLC contains Whis training Goku & Vegeta to go SSG. Along the way, he also gives you assortments of drinks to raise your levels for them. It's a sequential level system like the other training things in the game. It has training things up until around 150 or so, iirc, then you fight Beerus, who also does those things. After a while, it's easy to cheese when you're properly above the levels of them, but it's not too bad a challenge if you do it properly. Not a lot of story content, though, unfortunately, despite adapting BOG.

The second DLC has more story content before any kind of training. It even expands upon & changes some things from Res F in places, which I kind of liked.

They're both ok if you set your expectations accordingly.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:45 pm Is there like a "normal" level to play its story and then later a "super mega OMG level 500" optional version of the bosses
It's this. There are also these "Sacred Water" items that work like rare candies in Pokemon, although they only work up to level 250 (going from 250 to 300 is basically a matter of finding optimal ways to grind). CC2 actually did a good job of easing all players into DLC 1, regardless of their level.

If you're okay with the combat, I'd recommend both DLCs for the boss fights alone. There's really not much more to them than that.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:20 pm

I got ahold of both DLC. I enjoyed the SSG one, nice touch that Beerus and Whis have no ki signature. Beerus is impossible for me at the moment. The way Beerus and Whis fight is very entertaining, and the god form drives me crazy. I'm saving the 2nd DLC for later.

This got me wondering what the third DLC might be about. Perhaps they will include most of Super in it? like one sub story vs Black and/or Merged Zamasu, another one vs Jiren (this should include UI which I doubt will happen), and a final one vs Broly? introducing blue fusion? Moro probably is out of the question because of no VA and the story being developed.

---
One more thing, after I'm done with both DLCs, the only thing for me to do- fightingwise- is fight the red villains? once I hakai all of them, will they come back again? or once an area is cleared, that's it and the only challenges left are Beerus and Golden Freeza?