"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:31 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 pm
I was talking about the childish behaviour of how he does it in the game. That's something I would expect from kid Goku.
Goku fishing isn't out of character. :lol:
oh lmao, my mistake, much apologies.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Vegeta winning by giving his Dragon Balls a toss across the planet.

Baby Trunks, Bulma & Goku

Dr. Gero & Android 19

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 pm

So, now that we know we are getting the entirety of DBZ, and the release date being in 4 months, do you guys think we might even get more arcs? like BoG? RoF? they were titled DBZ, so it would fall under the Z category thus making it into the game. Do you think they might be saving some surprise for last or is this it?

Personally, with the original Z run I'm set, I'm not expecting more, but wouldn't turn it down either and we do have a long time to go until the release date.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 pm So, now that we know we are getting the entirety of DBZ, and the release date being in 4 months, do you guys think we might even get more arcs? like BoG? RoF? they were titled DBZ, so it would fall under the Z category thus making it into the game. Do you think they might be saving some surprise for last or is this it?
While it's possible, I wouldn't be banking on it. Those movies were originally released under a DBZ label, but that's mostly because Super wasn't a thing yet. With Super re-adapting those stories, it was very much re-drafting those story arcs as being under that label rather than Z's. If we do get them, it'd probably be as part of the DLC Season Pass or something, though I'm almost more thinking/hoping that they'll just do a Super themed sequel to this game at some point.

I am still hoping that maybe the movies can be represented in this game somehow though, and some of the other notable filler moments that would make fun game moments, like the Garlic Jr. arc and the afterlife tournament.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 pm So, now that we know we are getting the entirety of DBZ, and the release date being in 4 months, do you guys think we might even get more arcs? like BoG? RoF? they were titled DBZ, so it would fall under the Z category thus making it into the game. Do you think they might be saving some surprise for last or is this it?

Personally, with the original Z run I'm set, I'm not expecting more, but wouldn't turn it down either and we do have a long time to go until the release date.
It's possible, especially since we're already getting the Buu Saga teaser (if that's the final arc of the game, you'd think they'd want to save the trailer until closer to the end of the year). But, I'm still on the 'We might get Beerus as a secret boss' at the moment.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:50 pm

I must say that I wasn't too excited about this game when originally announced but boy have I come around. The level of detail they put int he game so far is the definition of the positive aspect of fan service. It just seems like they put a lot of care into this game while avoiding making it a rehash of a story we've all played in the past. Although my hope has always been for an DBZ MMO (DBO RIP), this is becoming the game I didn't know I wanted so bad.

Although I would've preferred an original story, I really like the idea of taking my time with this game and immersing myself in the DB world. For example, I'm only 50% through Spiderman because so much of my time playing is swinging around and doing sidequest because they've made web-slinging so enjoyable. A part of that is because I don't have time to play games like I used to, but I can imagine picking up this game and just having fun flying around while doing a quest or 2 and really taking my time with the story.

January can't come fast enough! :D
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 pm

When it comes to the video games “Z” usually is the general brand for the entire franchise.. Think about it, how many DB”Z” games have we gotten that had material from GT and from Goku’s life when he was a kid ( I hate referencing Goku’s early years as “Dragon Ball”, it adds to the false notion that it’s a separate series when it’s not.)

Folks said the same thing about FighterZ and it’s chock full of “Super” content/ Mondern Material and GT!

It’s a branding thing.. you can’t really use the title of licensed games like this to truly gauge how much content it’ll cover. Unless it’s something super specific like “Attack of The Saiyans” .
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Personally I'm hoping we just get Z stuff, no modern era stories. Original stories like the 'Yardrat party' and possibly something in End of Z but that's it. They already said they won't be doing the old movies which sucks, but whatever.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm Vegeta winning by giving his Dragon Balls a toss across the planet.

Dr. Gero & Android 19

How can anyone say this game is ugly. Looks straight out of the anime in its highest quality.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am
SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm Vegeta winning by giving his Dragon Balls a toss across the planet.

Dr. Gero & Android 19

How can anyone say this game is ugly. Looks straight out of the anime in its highest quality.
I mostly agree with you, but those Androids man, something is definitely off about their faces. I'm sure it will look fine in motion, hopefully.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm

nato25 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 pm
I mostly agree with you, but those Androids man, something is definitely off about their faces. I'm sure it will look fine in motion, hopefully.
Gero looks pretty great but #19 has a really bulging nose and it makes his face look so crunched, :lol:
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:02 am

It's less of the models themselves (they are pretty decent, aside from Goku whose hair could have been translated better to 3D) but more of the animations. Sometimes they get pretty iffy.

Also, coming directly after FighterZ doesn't help.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

Taken from Ryokutya (guy who gives early impressions of V-Jump pages) ran through google translate:
The first part of Buu
There is also Babidi's spaceship fighting against Puy Puy and Yakon
"Batting Game"
Character of recorded batting game that takes advantage of the body's ability
atmosphere beyond possible home runs, such as 34452km is depending on timing
also is batter Son Gohan (hand reverse gripping the bat), but pitcher Yamcha and Vegeta

The Buu scenario seems to have been reproduced in detail.
Is the ball thrown by Vegeta visible anyway for Yumcha?
I don't know why there's a baseball minigame, but fuck it, I'm in!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:32 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am Taken from Ryokutya (guy who gives early impressions of V-Jump pages) ran through google translate:
The first part of Buu
There is also Babidi's spaceship fighting against Puy Puy and Yakon
"Batting Game"
Character of recorded batting game that takes advantage of the body's ability
atmosphere beyond possible home runs, such as 34452km is depending on timing
also is batter Son Gohan (hand reverse gripping the bat), but pitcher Yamcha and Vegeta

The Buu scenario seems to have been reproduced in detail.
Is the ball thrown by Vegeta visible anyway for Yumcha?
I don't know why there's a baseball minigame, but fuck it, I'm in!
Nod to Yamcha obviously.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am I don't know why there's a baseball minigame, but fuck it, I'm in!
Most likely a reference to Gohan's high school days and the popular DBS baseball episode.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:03 am

I'm all here for the baseball mini-game. If it's half as fun as the one in Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, then we are set my friends. :lol:

Just got done watching another copy of the Vegeta free-roam gameplay, this time with English text (still undubbed just yet sounds like though), and there's all these colored orbs you can collect. One of them appear to be see-through or white, and after you beat the Freeza remnants that pop up, you get a bunch of red, blue, and green ones. Has it been said what these are all for? Also couldn't help but notice that at one point while flying around, there's a little area (near the fishing pond I believe) where Baba's face and a text box reading something like 'I can see things from the past' pop up. Curious if that's actually something or not too, especially since she's not at her palace there.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:14 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:03 am Also couldn't help but notice that at one point while flying around, there's a little area (near the fishing pond I believe) where Baba's face and a text box reading something like 'I can see things from the past' pop up. Curious if that's actually something or not too, especially since she's not at her palace there.
We actually see her for a split second in some of the initial English demos where Goku flies past and her textbox reads something like "I have a feeling Goku will be here soon to meet me!"

Might be a reoccurring side quest in each zone.

Kanassa wrote:

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm Personally I'm hoping we just get Z stuff, no modern era stories. Original stories like the 'Yardrat party' and possibly something in End of Z but that's it. They already said they won't be doing the old movies which sucks, but whatever.
What do you mean by old movies? You mean they won´t add stuff like janemba, z broly, hirudegarn etc?? :x

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:37 pm

anubisj wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm Personally I'm hoping we just get Z stuff, no modern era stories. Original stories like the 'Yardrat party' and possibly something in End of Z but that's it. They already said they won't be doing the old movies which sucks, but whatever.
What do you mean by old movies? You mean they won´t add stuff like janemba, z broly, hirudegarn etc?? :x
Yeah, by old movies I meant the original 13 Z movies. I believe they confirmed it's just going to be the manga/anime with some filler.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am
Kanassa wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am I don't know why there's a baseball minigame, but fuck it, I'm in!
Most likely a reference to Gohan's high school days and the popular DBS baseball episode.
Didn't yamcha play baseball in a dbz filler too?