"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:27 am

Weird kind of sort of announcement on twitter.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/statu ... 1152993281
Details to come at the FighterZ Finals from January 26th to the 27th.

Developer: ???
Release Date: ???
Platforms: ???

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by nato25 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 am

So dont do this at the live stream but unceremoniously on social media haha.

I hate how hyped I am with nothing but a picture lol. Action RPG has lots of potential I hope they dont just mean Xenoverse 3. Hopefully that will come in 2020, give it some more time in the oven.

Fighterz season 2, super dragon ball heroes world mission and now this. Dragon Balls on fire baby!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:46 am

nato25 wrote:So dont do this at the live stream but unceremoniously on social media haha.

I hate how hyped I am with nothing but a picture lol. Action RPG has lots of potential I hope they dont just mean Xenoverse 3. Hopefully that will come in 2020, give it some more time in the oven.

Fighterz season 2, super dragon ball heroes world mission and now this. Dragon Balls on fire baby!
Could be that they didn't intend to announce it now but due to the negative reaction to the stream they threw this out there.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
nato25 wrote:So dont do this at the live stream but unceremoniously on social media haha.

Could be that they didn't intend to announce it now but due to the negative reaction to the stream they threw this out there.
They're Twitter is saying they werent allowed to say anything on that day. Probably Toei or someone else screwing them around and they couldnt organise it properly.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 am

Tweet got deleted, wonder if the announcement wasn't supposed to go out yet or if they are changing some of the wording.
The image that was in the tweet.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:27 am

The tweet is up on the AU account, at least for now: https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/statu ... 4496800768

Nothing but speculation at this stage until the World Tour finals. I hope it's more than just Xenoverse 2.5.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:11 am

VINDA-FUCKING-CATION

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42686

FINALLY!!!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 am

I just hope that this gets a good budget behind it, because a large scale Dragon Ball action RPG with a AAA production could be amazing.

Worst case scenario... it's a half arsed pseudo RPG. Basically, it'll be Xenoverse 3.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 am

This is something to be hyped about but... I see a Z so it's not based on early Dragon Ball I guess...

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 am

What are your hopes for the developer? My vote goes to Platinum Games.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:What are your hopes for the developer? My vote goes to Platinum Games.
If the rest of “my” (not really my) info is right, it may very well be CyberConnect2
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:57 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:What are your hopes for the developer? My vote goes to Platinum Games.
If the rest of “my” (not really my) info is right, it may very well be CyberConnect2
PG have their hands full with 4 other projects, one of which is their original IP (Bayonetta 3). They won't have the time to develop an action RPG. And I don't think they'll want to do another action RPG considering the development hell Scalebound went through.

It's the same deal with CC2. Last year they announced their release schedule. They have three games set to be released in Summer, Fall and Winter 2019. And all of which are going to be released on the PS4, XBONE, Switch and PC. So it won't be them.

My best bet would go to DIMPS considering how successful the Xenoverse series was under their supervision, and Bandai will most likely give them a bigger budget to work with.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
PG have their hands full with 4 other projects, one of which is their original IP (Bayonetta 3). They won't have the time to develop an action RPG. And I don't think they'll want to do another action RPG considering the development hell Scalebound went through.

It's the same deal with CC2. Last year they announced their release schedule. They have three games set to be released in Summer, Fall and Winter 2019. And all of which are going to be released on the PS4, XBONE, Switch and PC. So it won't be them.

My best bet would go to DIMPS considering how successful the Xenoverse series was under their supervision, and Bandai will most likely give them a bigger budget to work with.
They announced a while ago that they were working on an Open World game. Also, they said they were still working on commissioned works.

I doubt its Dimps though.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 am

Man, what a time to be a dragonball fan! The hype is real, folks and my imagination is running wild thinking of the possibilities.

I have high hopes for whatever this turns out to be. Keep in mind that with the XV series, Fusions, FighterZ, Dokkan, and Legends, we have seen the most consistent streak of quality DB games ever. And we're also finally getting Heroes!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am

Please don't turn out to be a mobile game.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am

I don't want to get too hyped since we don't know what it's going to be for sure yet, but man I am practically drooling over the idea of a good RPG for the franchise again. And if it really does turn out to be done by a great developer like CC2? HOLY CRAP, NOT SURE IF MY BODY IS READY.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:26 am

Another game with an original and interesting plot that it is way better than a certain series out there? Please come in and make yourself at home! :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 am

Grimlock wrote:Another game with an original and interesting plot that it is way better than a certain series out there? Please come in and make yourself at home! :thumbup:
Where do you get that this game will original plot?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 am

Well, we are getting games with original stuff since 2015, I think this one will be too. After all, we can't go back to that "Raditz to Buu" nonsense anymore.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am

Grimlock wrote:Well, we are getting games with original stuff since 2015, I think this one will be too. After all, we can't go back to that "Raditz to Buu" nonsense anymore.
That still is not a guarantee that the same will apply to this game.