"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Holy fuck. The cutscenes look incredible. That clash between Vegetto and Buuhan got me so hyped.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:56 pm

The game looks great, but Vegeta looks awful in almost every shot he’s in. Other characters also look really strange sometimes. The rest of the game is beautiful.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 pm

I didn't even remember Paris Games Week. I was only expecting the next trailer in Jump festa, so this was a good surprise!

Vegetto vs Buuhan stood out because how awesome it was. Love the storyboard for his debut and their fist clash is godlike too! I'm only waiting for Uub now.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:14 pm

I feel like the fist clash between Vegetto and Boo is supposed to resemble Vegetto's fight with Zamasu, looks pretty identical.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:14 pm I feel like the fist clash between Vegetto and Boo is supposed to resemble Vegetto's fight with Zamasu, looks pretty identical.
Yeah and there's also a nod to Gogeta's fusion in Broly with the orange and blue tornado when they merge into Vegetto.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Got another gameplay trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUgC3lG7rI

This time for Vegeta. Gotta say, not too much of a fan at the inconsistent voice track in these trailers. Every other one is a different spoken language. Sometimes it varies by the specific YouTube channel, since the European Bandai trailers are in Japanese with subtitles while most of the American channel's trailers have the English track except for this one for some reason.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:44 am

Scsigs wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:06 pm Got another gameplay trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUgC3lG7rI

This time for Vegeta. Gotta say, not too much of a fan at the inconsistent voice track in these trailers. Every other one is a different spoken language. Sometimes it varies by the specific YouTube channel, since the European Bandai trailers are in Japanese with subtitles while most of the American channel's trailers have the English track except for this one for some reason.
Pretty sure we've seen that.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Bandai Namco EU posted some new pictures, seemingly confirming Gotenks as playable (they don't spell it out as such, but it seems pretty obvious, especially since he was likely going to be playable anyway), as well as revealing something else we can do in the training grounds - fight mental versions of the characters, so I guess replicating the mental training.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm Bandai Namco EU posted some new pictures, seemingly confirming Gotenks as playable (they don't spell it out as such, but it seems pretty obvious, especially since he was likely going to be playable anyway), as well as revealing something else we can do in the training grounds - fight mental versions of the characters, so I guess replicating the mental training.
Uh, we;ve already seen footage of playing as Gotenks?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:32 pm Uh, we;ve already seen footage of playing as Gotenks?
Had we? Cuz if so, I must've missed that one.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm
Kanassa wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:32 pm Uh, we;ve already seen footage of playing as Gotenks?
Had we? Cuz if so, I must've missed that one.
It was from the buy arc trailer
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:47 pm

I love the addition of mental training and how they've incorporated training in this game in general. I'm going to lose my shit if we can train in the HBTC.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Cool. The mental training looks like it's a very DB oriented version of the Data Organization XIII fights from Kingdom Hearts 2 (the Bonyu training is literally a Data fight though).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:09 pm

omegalucas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:51 pm Cool. The mental training looks like it's a very DB oriented version of the Data Organization XIII fights from Kingdom Hearts 2 (the Bonyu training is literally a Data fight though).
I mean, stealing from one of the greatest Action RPGs of all time isn't a bad thing.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:09 pm
omegalucas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:51 pm Cool. The mental training looks like it's a very DB oriented version of the Data Organization XIII fights from Kingdom Hearts 2 (the Bonyu training is literally a Data fight though).
I mean, stealing from one of the greatest Action RPGs of all time isn't a bad thing.
Not at bad thing at all. Now just steal the freedom of fighting and movement from KH2 and I'll be all set.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 pm

omegalucas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Not at bad thing at all. Now just steal the freedom of fighting and movement from KH2 and I'll be all set.
Also the fluidity of the combat. Shit looks too Xenoverse 2 for my liking.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 pm

HD Screens of some of the areas.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Why would you want this game to play like 2FM? Like you guys are awful. Sora doesn't fight like a Z fighters.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Why would you want this game to play like 2FM? Like you guys are awful. Sora doesn't fight like a Z fighters.
I meant it in the sense the combat is super fluid and has various combo options. It doesn't get boring. Obviously it wouldn't be Goku with a sword in the shape of a key.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm

omegalucas wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm
donkeyjack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm

I meant it in the sense the combat is super fluid and has various combo options. It doesn't get boring. Obviously it wouldn't be Goku with a sword in the shape of a key.
You do know that only Goku would be playable right? And you can't have like ten playable characters with depth like that even 2FM didn't have multiple characters like that.