"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:11 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm Half the playtime about collecting ingrediants and parts for the time machine, lets go!

Seriously though, Trunks was a pretty short special all around, so unless Buu and the Black arc are getting covered, I fear how much padding is gonna be in this
I can totally see it happening lol. But honestly, I'm looking forward to some interesting interactions / lore being added through side missions or during the story. I know that the mechanics of the side missions in the game was not the most exciting thing, but I liked the background behind some of them and the tidbits provided about the lore of the series.

But yeah, even with that I don’t believe it serves to be a 7 hour long arc, so I can see the possibility of maybe Goku Vs Freeza and Cold being a thing in the game, or as I already said maybe they’ll expand until the fight against Dabura and Babidi (not very likely tbh but until Cell's defeat is likely). Honestly, I don't believe Zamasu arc will be included (maybe a hint at the end), as this story alone would need the entire DLC to be covered.
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:24 pm Legacy of Goku 2 actually starts the game with History of Trunks story and ends with him killing the androids and Cell back in future after the story is over.
Yeah, but in The Legacy of Goku 2 we barely played the opening part, the game already started with the brief sparring between Trunks and Gohan before Gohan was killed. The final part with Trunks defeating the androids and Cell is also not playable. I refer more to the fact that it is the first time that the story of the TV special will be recreated with playable moments / freedom

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:33 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:05 pm So what do you guys think about the possibility of it including the Black arc, and the SSB forms introduced in the previous DLC? do you think it could be possible or you think that it'll be just the Z portion?
It would be cool but I think it would be best if they would make their own version of Black Arc. Anime is full of "rule of cool" moments but it's a mess if you stop to think about it for a second. I wish they could take the best parts of manga and anime versions and combine it together for the best expierence.

edit:
And hey! Black and Trunks appear in the special version of FnF so this arc is still part of the "Z"... :crazy:
Last edited by Trouser on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pm

Maybe we'll get Trunks training with Gohan, the occasional encounter with the androids, some save-civilians missions, gather stuff for Bulma to build the Time Machine, unlock SS when Gohan dies, fight and lose to the androids, Cell arc cutscenes, back to defeat the twins and Cell. Training with Shin, Babidi, Dabura, preventing Buu's revival and then... a mysterious figure showing up 20 years later, ending the DLC with a cliffhanger implying the Black arc will be the next DLC?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pm Maybe we'll get Trunks training with Gohan, the occasional encounter with the androids, some save-civilians missions, gather stuff for Bulma to build the Time Machine, unlock SS when Gohan dies, fight and lose to the androids, Cell arc cutscenes, back to defeat the twins and Cell. Training with Shin, Babidi, Dabura, preventing Buu's revival and then... a mysterious figure showing up 20 years later, ending the DLC with a cliffhanger implying the Black arc will be the next DLC?
Sounds fun to me. And add to that playing as Gohan and I'm sold. But I'm hoping for more Mai x Trunks moments too... I really like their relationship. Maybe a little quest about how they have met for the first time? It was after Black's rampage or before? I don't remember if it was said in anime/manga...
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:51 pm

Trouser wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pm Maybe we'll get Trunks training with Gohan, the occasional encounter with the androids, some save-civilians missions, gather stuff for Bulma to build the Time Machine, unlock SS when Gohan dies, fight and lose to the androids, Cell arc cutscenes, back to defeat the twins and Cell. Training with Shin, Babidi, Dabura, preventing Buu's revival and then... a mysterious figure showing up 20 years later, ending the DLC with a cliffhanger implying the Black arc will be the next DLC?
Sounds fun to me. And add to that playing as Gohan and I'm sold. But I'm hoping for more Mai x Trunks moments too... I really like their relationship. Maybe a little quest about how they have met for the first time? It was after Black's rampage or before? I don't remember if it was said in anime/manga...
It's unclear. She was turned into a baby right before Piccolo was killed, so we could get some sidequest with Teen Trunks saving Teen Mai's life. How they met could be told in this DLC.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pma mysterious figure showing up 20 years later, ending the DLC with a cliffhanger implying the Black arc will be the next DLC?
What's that twenty-year timeskip!?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:04 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:56 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pma mysterious figure showing up 20 years later, ending the DLC with a cliffhanger implying the Black arc will be the next DLC?
What's that twenty-year timeskip!?
Lol yeah, you're right, Black shows up a year later after Buu.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:11 pm

I am very interested in the interactions with the characters of the future. I haven't seen the TV Special in a while, but a lot of characters were looking older, right? Also, it should be nice to see more from some of them’s perspective about the situation (especially those we didn’t see in the Special)
Trouser wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm Sounds fun to me. And add to that playing as Gohan and I'm sold. But I'm hoping for more Mai x Trunks moments too... I really like their relationship. Maybe a little quest about how they have met for the first time? It was after Black's rampage or before? I don't remember if it was said in anime/manga...
Since they are following the anime line we may not see that bonus chapter of the Pilaf gang making the wish for the DBs, but yeah I can see some side missions with Trunks and them and in the end we may see some interaction with Mai.

I remember the base game adding a side mission where Trunks interacted with the Android 8 and it was very touching. I hope to see missions like these in the DLC

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:33 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:11 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm Half the playtime about collecting ingrediants and parts for the time machine, lets go!

Seriously though, Trunks was a pretty short special all around, so unless Buu and the Black arc are getting covered, I fear how much padding is gonna be in this
I can totally see it happening lol. But honestly, I'm looking forward to some interesting interactions / lore being added through side missions or during the story. I know that the mechanics of the side missions in the game was not the most exciting thing, but I liked the background behind some of them and the tidbits provided about the lore of the series.

But yeah, even with that I don’t believe it serves to be a 7 hour long arc, so I can see the possibility of maybe Goku Vs Freeza and Cold being a thing in the game, or as I already said maybe they’ll expand until the fight against Dabura and Babidi (not very likely tbh but until Cell's defeat is likely). Honestly, I don't believe Zamasu arc will be included (maybe a hint at the end), as this story alone would need the entire DLC to be covered.
Now that I think about it, we're probably going to do what we did in the Boss Episodes where the majority of training Young Trunks will be fighting Gohan again and again on varying difficulties. Also, I'm betting one of the side stories is gonna be Trunks getting his sword.

Another hope: Considering all the fights in the Trunks story take place in ruined cities, I hope we can actually fight in the cities this time.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Let's not forget Xenoverse 2 actually handled Trunks and Future Gohan incredibly well so I have faith this is going to be well handled.

Going through the Buu and just the start of the black arcs would be awesome. I hope they do it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:04 pm Lol yeah, you're right, Black shows up a year later after Buu.
Well, we weren't given a specific date on when Babidi and Dabura appeared. Between Cell's demise and Goku Black's appearance (in the anime), there's a seven-year timeskip (eight in the manga). They could have appeared at any time during that gap.

And speaking of which, I truly hope they cover everything regarding Trunks, so that this little space is also explored (though I think I'm asking too much here).
nato25 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:46 pm Let's not forget Xenoverse 2 actually handled Trunks and Future Gohan incredibly well so I have faith this is going to be well handled.
That's Dimps for you. However, this is another developer. Realistically, we can only hope they adapt the TV Special in detail, providing the same level of quality Cyber Connect2 provided to Naruto games.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:32 pm

Not gonna lie, some of you guys are way too hopeful about what this will end up being. More than likely, it’ll cover the special while probably including the epilogue where Trunk returns to kill the androids and Cell.

Between that will be loads of padding with generic side missions.But I’m not expecting anything more than that. I got the ultimate edition of Kakarot so I’ll be getting this for free, and I can’t be arsed to install it again.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm

For any PC players has this totally broke your game? Ever since the 1.4GB update tonight I cannot even launch the game without an UE4 Fatal error. It was working wonders before and now not even a file validation or total reinstall is fixing this. So far one other person on steam forums has reported this issue. :cry:

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Post by LettuceJUMP » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:11 am

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:32 pm Not gonna lie, some of you guys are way too hopeful about what this will end up being. More than likely, it’ll cover the special while probably including the epilogue where Trunk returns to kill the androids and Cell.

Between that will be loads of padding with generic side missions.But I’m not expecting anything more than that. I got the ultimate edition of Kakarot so I’ll be getting this for free, and I can’t be arsed to install it again.
I love everyone’s predictions for this dlc but this is most likely. Direct translation of the tv special plus “free the future” which sees trunks wipe out androids and cell. Anything else is gravy. Sorry based on trailer and past dlc I’m not expecting more

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:52 pm

LettuceJUMP wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:11 am
kemuri07 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:32 pm Not gonna lie, some of you guys are way too hopeful about what this will end up being. More than likely, it’ll cover the special while probably including the epilogue where Trunk returns to kill the androids and Cell.

I love everyone’s predictions for this dlc but this is most likely. Direct translation of the tv special plus “free the future” which sees trunks wipe out androids and cell. Anything else is gravy. Sorry based on trailer and past dlc I’m not expecting more
I don't disagree with either of you here, but to make this special without a worthy boss battle would be such a strange move. Trunks easily handled the androids and Cell in the Free the Future episode so where would the challenge come from. Kakarot has shown to alter things here and there so I imagine that there are going to be additions we aren't considering. For example, the Super Trunks fight against cell in the base game was a glaring omission imo. So maybe they have us go back to the past and actually engage in that missing battle and obtain the Super Trunks transformation (I'm still mad that we didn't get Super Vegeta as a transformation, but I get it.)

I don't know what they're gonna do, but it would be such a disappointment to just repurpose the History of Trunks special. There just isn't enough content in the special alone to be worthy of a story outside of the base game. Especially if it's the last DLC.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:37 am

Well, it's supposed to be a whole arc equivalent to the Freeza arc or the Cell arc and all other main story arcs content-wise.
So yeah, I was surprised that it ended up being Trunks' story since a 45-minutes special is supposed to suddenly have the game length of a whole arc...

I know there's a way to have extra quests and all, but I still wonder how it's supposed to be a whole game arc as announced - unless it's 90% padding and 10% covering the actual story, and that would require creativity!

I don't believe there will be an extra super boss, but if there is, the possibilities are quite easy: you go to a specific place and a cutscene starts saying "years later" and you either fight Dabra (supposed to be hard to fight for Trunks since he's the equivalent of Cell's perfect form) or Goku Black (supposed to be tremendously out of reach for Trunks and therefore a perfect super boss concept).
Winning the battle against Goku Black as the secret super boss would - of course - not mean Trunks wins but that despite your victory, this unknown enemy is just playing around, and the narrator or some text would say something like "with Trunks unable to defeat this new threat, it seems like a new era of darkness is coming for Trunks' future...", which would pretty much serve as an implicit "to be continued in a sequel" or an implicit "that's a story that exists but that we won't tell here, so go check it out."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:37 am Well, it's supposed to be a whole arc equivalent to the Freeza arc or the Cell arc and all other main story arcs content-wise.
So yeah, I was surprised that it ended up being Trunks' story since a 45-minutes special is supposed to suddenly have the game length of a whole arc...

I know there's a way to have extra quests and all, but I still wonder how it's supposed to be a whole game arc as announced - unless it's 90% padding and 10% covering the actual story, and that would require creativity!

I don't believe there will be an extra super boss, but if there is, the possibilities are quite easy: you go to a specific place and a cutscene starts saying "years later" and you either fight Dabra (supposed to be hard to fight for Trunks since he's the equivalent of Cell's perfect form) or Goku Black (supposed to be tremendously out of reach for Trunks and therefore a perfect super boss concept).
Winning the battle against Goku Black as the secret super boss would - of course - not mean Trunks wins but that despite your victory, this unknown enemy is just playing around, and the narrator or some text would say something like "with Trunks unable to defeat this new threat, it seems like a new era of darkness is coming for Trunks' future...", which would pretty much serve as an implicit "to be continued in a sequel" or an implicit "that's a story that exists but that we won't tell here, so go check it out."
I mean, there's a LOT that the special skipped over for time purposes that they could do to expand on the story so it's a sufficient length for the game.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:09 am

One way they can extend the story's length is by having us fight the androids as the z fighters before the 13 year time skip. I also agree that we'll fight Cell at the end as well. In terms of Super's events, I can see us fighting Dabura as a secret boss, with a teaser clip of Black showing up at the end to set up a potential super focused sequel.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 am

We've got trailer actually and looks it will just cover up the History Of Trunks and probably the epilogue after Cell,
as this game so far is pretty much centered around Z, I doubt that there will be anything more added to this...
Sure, have a high hopes for Dabura showing up, to end the story of world without Goku as a parallel to the whole story of Z,
but this game didn't add anything extra to the Z series in any way, besides boring sidequests and introducing Bonyu as just an non-remarkable extra.

But I am happy in a way. Years after Super ended, I can tolerate the extra DLC focusing kind of on an abridged versions of what originally been a Z movies, as an bonus epilogue story after Buu, but would be really dissapointed with them covering just Trunks arc from Super, without the tournaments that went before and after (U6 and ToP). More so, that the story is far from finished and runs in a manga form now.

And still, the game feels incomplete without the epilogue involving Uub to me.
I have loved before the movies and Super, if you disregard GT, that this epilogue era was the default look for stories in video games.
Goku in blue/green Gi was the strongest and final Goku, same for Ultimate Gohan etc. but now we are stuck in the intermezzo years,
in-between Buu and Epilogue thanks to Super and I am tired of Kids Trunks, Goten being Gotenks, Goku having the same gi, Vegeta in Cell arc armor (even if it makes sense in-universe). That's a reason why I was excited for Ressurection F with the promo showing Goku and Vegeta in new outfits.

Anyway, extra is always nice and at least, Trunks' otherwise rushed and uncomplete story in Kakarot will be finished, as he was major character in Z since showing against Freeza up to Cell arc and Kakarot really skipped a lot with him (like his fight against Cell really grinds my gears not being in) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sok2qaRM1k0
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 pm

LettuceJUMP wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:11 am

I'm right there with the both of you.

Is there something from the base game I may have over looked that give everyone all this hope about how this DLC will be as spectacular as everyone hoes?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063