"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:22 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:24 pm

Aside from MK11 and maybe SFIV most FG stories aren’t anything to write home about. Unless you do like a tournament story arc or mix time travel into it like they did with MK. The other games have no excuse tho.
I've been watching Maximilian Dood playthrough the KOF series and SNK seems to like giving their fighters a more fleshed out story experience compared to most other fighting game studios. ArcSys also like putting entire storymodes in their anime fighters.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:50 am

Injustice 2 had a GREAT story mode. Good writing and acting, natural flow between battles and story.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:37 pm

So is this "Dragon Ball Card Warrior" thing a Switch exclusive or is it already in the other versions? I haven't been following the game much so it was a surprising announcement to me at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8VjbZ6lGM

It seems like a weird way to, I'm gonna say, artificially expand the lifeline of the game? Like it's not like the Figure Colosseum in XV2 (which also felt a wee bit like it but not too much) where it uses the game's assets like models and stuff. Maybe some SE and voices and that's about it? It feels like a standalone product that was just latched onto the main game.
Anonymous Friend wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:22 pm I've been watching Maximilian Dood
disgusting
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:47 pm

Probably, nothing new, but I realised the cards are coloured manga panels.

I've played with Vegito, his attacks are cool, too bad he has regular Kamehameha and not Final Kamehameha. And it sucks you cannot challenge Beerus or Golden Freeza with him. Only bots and red enemies.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 pm

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:51 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 pm New DLC soon?

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1513911924177571847
Yeah, and from the other tweet it seems to be Bardock related. If I have to guess it will be DB minus where you can do some side stuff on Planet Vegeta and the last section will be trying to fight Frieza before he blows the planet up.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:17 pm

Whaaaaaat? Well, I would bet on Bardock too. No way they can cover rest of Super story-wise and with the Beerus and ROF arcs technically being Z movies (and the DLCs not being that good in case of Beerus) + having expanded story of Trunks special, Bardock is the only thing missing.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:22 am

If it's Bardock my money is Minus combined with the Bardock special and ending with Episode of Bardock.

Towa and Mira will be the final boss.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:12 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/DbsHype/stat ... 2927533063

Well, it looks like they will cover the TV special version. I'm curious about what they are going to do with it, because just like the Trunks DLC, the length of the special is around 40 minutes. Some side stories would not be enough to turn it into a full fleshed out DLC, so what could they add to it? Are we going to see Gine? Or Super Saiyan Bardock as an extra? Not exactly what I was hoping for tbh, but we know what CC2 is capable of, and story-driven content is what they do best

Grimlock must be having a field day with all this Bardock content!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:59 pm

I think the Gas situation would've been really interesting to play. Of course, it's not going to be included, which is a shame.

I just hope how he beats Gas isn't that exciting so we don't miss much :P

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:38 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:12 am https://mobile.twitter.com/DbsHype/stat ... 2927533063

Well, it looks like they will cover the TV special version. I'm curious about what they are going to do with it, because just like the Trunks DLC, the length of the special is around 40 minutes. Some side stories would not be enough to turn it into a full fleshed out DLC, so what could they add to it? Are we going to see Gine? Or Super Saiyan Bardock as an extra? Not exactly what I was hoping for tbh, but we know what CC2 is capable of, and story-driven content is what they do best

It is a Dragon Ball "Z" game but considering the prevalence of Minus in moden Dragon Ball, I'd really be shocked if they indeed go back to the old Bardock depiction.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:38 pm It is a Dragon Ball "Z" game but considering the prevalence of Minus in moden Dragon Ball, I'd really be shocked if they indeed go back to the old Bardock depiction.
I think it's a tricky situation. Minus by itself is a pretty short story so they would have to adapt DBS Broly if they wanted to use modern Bardock. But although we see more of Bardock in the movie, he doesn't really fight on screen and his moments are more with Gine and baby Goku (and the focus is also on Broly and other Saiyans). Like, I don't think it would work for a game.

At the same time, I think they could at least use stuff from the modern adaptation like some characters or moments

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:48 pm

I think it's going to be "Z" story with "Minus" elements impelemented in it. We're going to get the "cool design" Z Bardock with Minus' story. And it's fine for me. It's better than DLC about Super's anime.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:12 amWell, it looks like they will cover the TV special version. I'm curious about what they are going to do with it, because just like the Trunks DLC, the length of the special is around 40 minutes. Some side stories would not be enough to turn it into a full fleshed out DLC, so what could they add to it? Are we going to see Gine? Or Super Saiyan Bardock as an extra? Not exactly what I was hoping for tbh, but we know what CC2 is capable of, and story-driven content is what they do best

Indeed I am! And if they dedicate the same amount of love to his DLC the way they did to Trunks DLC, I may even get this game after all.

Since we saw stuff not previously seen (in between Trunks first and second trip), as well as a full-blown adaptation of the Majin Buu saga that only exists in manga format, that gives me hope they'll do more than just the TV Special. I don't know how they could throw Dragon Ball Minus into the mix, but at least include Bardock OVA (it's also time for Chilled to be in games more often). Mira and Towa are already in the game, might as well use them for something, to justify their presence, they are related to Bardock one way or another. XV2 revealed they are the reason he went to the past, so take that explanation and go with it.

A good time to be a Bardock fan, dude's everywhere! :D But really, just the thought of the possibility of walking/flying around planet Vegeta is nothing short of amazing.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:51 pm

Although I'm still skeptical about the DLC (length and amount of content), Planet Vegeta being a explorable area is one of the things I'm most looking forward to. I don't think any DB game ever did it, and if CC2 is willing to make you explore the planet than there's a lot of cool things we could see. They could even use the designs of the Broly movie with that big castle.

Actually, I would love to be able to free roam in the outer space for the final battle since they are going with the TV special (it seems unlikely, but who knows).

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:42 am

My prediction

It will be Father of Goku, Gine and saving Goku from minus will be added in. Leek and Bardock coming home will be added in.

Episode of Bardock will be in.

Bardock vs Mira as an epilogue.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am

Seemingly nothing about Kakarot in V-Jump.. I wonder where the leaker got this info from :think:
Maybe one of the translators spilled the beans.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:37 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am Seemingly nothing about Kakarot in V-Jump.. I wonder where the leaker got this info from :think:
Maybe one of the translators spilled the beans.
Have the scans already leaked? I haven't seen any yet. I'm expecting to see the scans this month otherwise I don't know how DBS Hype knows this.

Actually, there's a guy named Senju in Japan who apparently is pretty reliable and has sources on CC2, and he leaked that Storm 5 (or a new Naruto game) is in development. I assume that might be the case here with Kakarot with some guy giving info to DBSHype

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:26 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:37 am Have the scans already leaked? I haven't seen any yet. I'm expecting to see the scans this month otherwise I don't know how DBS Hype knows this.
No, but Ryokutya (the Japanese leaker) has the magazine and usually posts the most important parts. He posted about the usual DB games and XV2 UI Omen Goku info but nothing about Kakarot.
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:37 am and he leaked that Storm 5 (or a new Naruto game) is in development. I assume that might be the case here with Kakarot with some guy giving info to DBSHype
I would be gladly like that :P And yeah, that's what I'd suspect.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:21 am

The DLC coming like this late with Bardock is unusual and as it is rumour, if it really comes true...
Do you think that Trunks DLC sold so well, that they thought, hey, these TV special work really well, plus Bardock is quite popular character, let's cash on it?

Also, I play Kakarot on PS4 and plan to upgrade on PS5 later this year... those loading times between every location are tedious!
Are the loading times faster on PS5? This is something I forgot about and as I do story replay after finishing Trunks, I can't stand it.
You can go to a toilet or fix yourself some snack, even during some quests, when you fly over to Korin, LOADING SCREEN!!! for like a minute "Hey, Korin, what's up?" "I need some shrooms man, but they are in Central Plains area" LOADING SCREEN!!! :wtf:
It's like this game steals your time you have on this Earth as I bet that 1/4 of the total play time are loading screens :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88