"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:21 am
Location: USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by G1Ravage » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm

It's cool and all that they're sort of using "Son Goku" in the dub script for the game, but why do they butcher the pronunciation of Son?

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm

I'm really excited about the ki sensing and the BP for the characters. I can't wait to play this, I've read more good reviews than bad so I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Did anybody gather the DBs? are the wishes or the dragon itself anything to get hyped about?

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm
I'm really excited about the ki sensing and the BP for the characters. I can't wait to play this, I've read more good reviews than bad so I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Did anybody gather the DBs? are the wishes or the dragon itself anything to get hyped about?
The wishes are Revive bosses, get tons of orbs, get tons of ze I, or get rare presents for the community board

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm
Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm
I'm really excited about the ki sensing and the BP for the characters. I can't wait to play this, I've read more good reviews than bad so I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Did anybody gather the DBs? are the wishes or the dragon itself anything to get hyped about?
The wishes are Revive bosses, get tons of orbs, get tons of ze I, or get rare presents for the community board
Thanks. I like the boss revival wish, I guess I'll know how to feel about the rest of the wishes when I know what I can actually do with them.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am

Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm
Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm
I'm really excited about the ki sensing and the BP for the characters. I can't wait to play this, I've read more good reviews than bad so I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Did anybody gather the DBs? are the wishes or the dragon itself anything to get hyped about?
The wishes are Revive bosses, get tons of orbs, get tons of ze I, or get rare presents for the community board
Thanks. I like the boss revival wish, I guess I'll know how to feel about the rest of the wishes when I know what I can actually do with them.
The wish to revive bosses is interesting because there will be unique dialogs depending on when you revive them. For example, resurrected Frieza will have a unique interaction with Boo Saga Goku, because he never had the opportunity to see a level above the SSJ (in this case, this Goku has the SSJ3). The same goes for other enemies and other heroes who will face them.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 am

G1Ravage wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm
It's cool and all that they're sort of using "Son Goku" in the dub script for the game, but why do they butcher the pronunciation of Son?
What are you talking about? So far, they're pronouncing it right from what I've heard. Do you mean why aren't they pronouncing it like Japanese people? They're not Japanese & "Son" is an English word, why would they? I've heard people mispronounce it as "On" with an "S" at the beginning of it rather than how "Sun" is pronounced like everyone else in existence.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8830
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am
Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 pm

The wishes are Revive bosses, get tons of orbs, get tons of ze I, or get rare presents for the community board
Thanks. I like the boss revival wish, I guess I'll know how to feel about the rest of the wishes when I know what I can actually do with them.
The wish to revive bosses is interesting because there will be unique dialogs depending on when you revive them. For example, resurrected Frieza will have a unique interaction with Boo Saga Goku, because he never had the opportunity to see a level above the SSJ (in this case, this Goku has the SSJ3). The same goes for other enemies and other heroes who will face them.
That's neat - can you revive them multiple times to see all of those dialogues? Is there a limit to how many times you can revive them?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am
Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm


Thanks. I like the boss revival wish, I guess I'll know how to feel about the rest of the wishes when I know what I can actually do with them.
The wish to revive bosses is interesting because there will be unique dialogs depending on when you revive them. For example, resurrected Frieza will have a unique interaction with Boo Saga Goku, because he never had the opportunity to see a level above the SSJ (in this case, this Goku has the SSJ3). The same goes for other enemies and other heroes who will face them.
That's neat - can you revive them multiple times to see all of those dialogues? Is there a limit to how many times you can revive them?
I revived Raditz and he just doesn't go away after beating him again. You get their Community badges or whatever they're called.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8830
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 am

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am


The wish to revive bosses is interesting because there will be unique dialogs depending on when you revive them. For example, resurrected Frieza will have a unique interaction with Boo Saga Goku, because he never had the opportunity to see a level above the SSJ (in this case, this Goku has the SSJ3). The same goes for other enemies and other heroes who will face them.
That's neat - can you revive them multiple times to see all of those dialogues? Is there a limit to how many times you can revive them?
I revived Raditz and he just doesn't go away after beating him again. You get their Community badges or whatever they're called.
Wait, so after you revive them, they just remain there on the world map, waiting to be fought again with everyone?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:48 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 am
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am


That's neat - can you revive them multiple times to see all of those dialogues? Is there a limit to how many times you can revive them?
I revived Raditz and he just doesn't go away after beating him again. You get their Community badges or whatever they're called.
Wait, so after you revive them, they just remain there on the world map, waiting to be fought again with everyone?
So far as I can tell, yes, though I was only able to fight Raditz with Piccolo. Afterwards Piccolo offered to let him live to continue training with the heroes and I got the badge.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am
Koitsukai wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 pm


Thanks. I like the boss revival wish, I guess I'll know how to feel about the rest of the wishes when I know what I can actually do with them.
The wish to revive bosses is interesting because there will be unique dialogs depending on when you revive them. For example, resurrected Frieza will have a unique interaction with Boo Saga Goku, because he never had the opportunity to see a level above the SSJ (in this case, this Goku has the SSJ3). The same goes for other enemies and other heroes who will face them.
That's neat - can you revive them multiple times to see all of those dialogues? Is there a limit to how many times you can revive them?

I think you can only revive each villain once. You defeat him and get his badge. But if you want to see all possible dialogues, you can create a save before using the Dragon Balls and then go on to try to defeat the villains with different characters

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:34 am

The game just arrived. I've seen, through datamining I think, that Beerus and Whis are somewhere in the game, are they available at some point or like there for future DLCs?

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6202
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:12 pm

All the new information so far:

• Gero's son is named Gebo and his codename under the Red Ribbon forces was "gold".

• Muten Roshi is 332 years old by the time Vegeta and Nappa appear (coinciding with his guidebook birth year, AGE 430).

• The Namekuseijin's lifespan is 200. But those who were born with "special abilities" can exceed that and live over 500 years (this explains why Piccolo is still alive in Dragon Ball Online).

• They explain why there aren't many humans with animal appearances anymore but I couldn't find a proper translation.

• Android 17 and 18 were orphans.

• Trunks achieved Super Saiyan without special training and the game mentions the S-Cells inherited being the cause of it.

• Mr Satan's wife, Miguel, was a singer.

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1017
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm loving bit so far and I'm just past Raditz fight after 3 hours. I'm loving how this game is. Like just the part I've seen :

+ The story expands in a logical way. : The three saiyans conversation before Raditz comes to earth , Goku and Gohan at the start was genuinely sweet.

+ Easter eggs - I saw Launch mad as hell her car crashed off a cliff , I kept finding pictures from the original dragon ball ect ..

+ Gameplay is great

+ Cutscenes look great

+ Farmer with a shotgun is finally in a game :lol:

It's a great anniversary game as they marked it as. Everything just works. Xenoverse 2 = characters and fighting , fighterz = the visuals , heroes world mission = fan service and what it's , this = adventure and story. It's kind of impressive each dragon Ball game we've got this generation seems to focus on a different aspect and as a result don't feel like they're competing or replacing each other. Like Xenoverse 3 can come out and kakarot 2 and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Fun game and it's just a dream. It's only been 3-4 hours and it's already my favourite db game since Budokai 3

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:12 pm


• Mr Satan's wife, Miguel, was a singer.
Miguel? so I guess Videl was adopted

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 pm

So, I'm watching this "10 Things The Game Doesn't Tell You" video by Gameranx &, shit, a lot of these are just bad for things the game doesn't outright tell you & I'm glad I watched it before continuing.
https://youtu.be/f1S9F0KOUzo
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5381
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Any news on the level cap? I’m looking to max everyone

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5381
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Grimlock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:12 pm


• Mr Satan's wife, Miguel, was a singer.
Miguel? so I guess Videl was adopted
Uh, what? It clearly says wife.

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:33 pm
Any news on the level cap? I’m looking to max everyone
It's 255. Good luck with that adventure though because the secret boss and Bonryu's Advanced training top out at lv100. You're going to have a LOT of grinding to do.
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Koitsukai wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Grimlock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:12 pm


• Mr Satan's wife, Miguel, was a singer.
Miguel? so I guess Videl was adopted
Uh, what? It clearly says wife.
Being married and adopting a child aren't mutually exclusive. They're referring to the fact that apparently Videl is either half-Hispanic, or she's adopted because she sure as hell doesn't look like it.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8830
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:33 pm
Any news on the level cap? I’m looking to max everyone
It's 255. Good luck with that adventure though because the secret boss and Bonryu's Advanced training top out at lv100. You're going to have a LOT of grinding to do.
Holy crap, that's a high and...really random number. Wonder if they're leaving room for where some of the DLC will take us in terms of leveling?
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Koitsukai wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm


Miguel? so I guess Videl was adopted
Uh, what? It clearly says wife.
Being married and adopting a child aren't mutually exclusive. They're referring to the fact that apparently Videl is either half-Hispanic, or she's adopted because she sure as hell doesn't look like it.
Remember though, there's no Spain or Mexico or anything like that in the DB world, like with there being no Japan. :P Her name is a reference to the Archangel Michael, as noted here. Don't know if that's the best naming convention to get that point across, but I'm sure there's a reason it was chosen by the staff (and in the game's translation as well, from what I'm hearing?) that I, a random fan with no real Japanese knowledge, am just not seeing right off.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

Post Reply