DBFighterZ 2 - What could they improve

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: DBFighterZ 2 - What could they improve

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:07 pm

omegacwa wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 am Also all the garbage rewards need to go. I don't care about stamps or lobby avatars. I would have preferred they channel that effort into alternate costumes(or legit battle damage). Just one per character would be fine. I have spent hours and hours buying stuff with Zeni, and still don't have any additional colors for some characters. That's annoying.
yeah having like 10 different colors for lobby characters really makes buying things muddy. i like lobby av's, their cute and it's neat too have characters who aren't in the game be in it in someway, but the game really should've had a better shop system, or at least made it less random.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:07 pm
omegacwa wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 am Also all the garbage rewards need to go. I don't care about stamps or lobby avatars. I would have preferred they channel that effort into alternate costumes(or legit battle damage). Just one per character would be fine. I have spent hours and hours buying stuff with Zeni, and still don't have any additional colors for some characters. That's annoying.
yeah having like 10 different colors for lobby characters really makes buying things muddy. i like lobby av's, their cute and it's neat too have characters who aren't in the game be in it in someway, but the game really should've had a better shop system, or at least made it less random.
I feel like having one avatar for every character in the game plus a few that are not, and then a quick editor to change the colors yourself would have been much better and would have uncluttered the shop.

Also why does the shop have to be random? I would have much preferred if it was like this:
Stamps - 1000 zeni
Character Colors - 10000 Zeni

and so on. Random doesn't add replay value. It's annoying as hell. Especially when the character you play as most, his colors never ever come up. I've been playing the game since it came out and still have no additional colors for SSB Vegeta who is my main, and I almost only get Premium Coins at the shop now.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm

omegacwa wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm I feel like having one avatar for every character in the game plus a few that are not, and then a quick editor to change the colors yourself would have been much better and would have uncluttered the shop.

Also why does the shop have to be random? I would have much preferred if it was like this:
Stamps - 1000 zeni
Character Colors - 10000 Zeni

and so on. Random doesn't add replay value. It's annoying as hell. Especially when the character you play as most, his colors never ever come up. I've been playing the game since it came out and still have no additional colors for SSB Vegeta who is my main, and I almost only get Premium Coins at the shop now.
yeah for sure, ideally buying avatars would just be like extras. like i think all the avatars for all the starting characters should be unlocked from the start and than if you want someone like Butta or want Piccolo with his cape, that's what you buy from the shop.

and yeah i only play as SSJ2 Gohan, Kid Goku and Vegeta and i have no bonus colors for any of them lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Better story mode - Something less repetitive where we aren't always fighting the same characters over and over, while progressing on a boring board menu.

Better roster - It's not only about quantity but also quality. After the DLCs the roster size is good, but the quality is laughable when compared to other fighting games. We have 4 Gokus, 3 Vegetas, 3 Gohans (counting with Great Saiyaman assist for Videl), 2 Brolys and only 3 female fighters in a roster with 30+ characters...That's bad. I'm not saying to add female characters just for the sake of it, because it's not like this franchise has a lot of them anyway, but the roster could have more that's for sure. Kefla and Ribrianne for example are the two with most potential for a fighting game like this.

More stages - Self explanatory. However I still don't understand why we have two rocky field stages which look almost the same...One would be enough and the other could be a different thing. I still don't understand how Beerus' home isn't a given at this point.

Better assist system and defense options.

Even more faithfulness - When a transformed saiyan is defeated, he should revert to his base form. All saiyans in this game already have a base form model, so it shouldn't be that hard to do this.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:48 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm Better story mode - Something less repetitive where we aren't always fighting the same characters over and over, while progressing on a boring board menu.
-I agree, I liked the board game like gameplay in Budokai 2 so maybe they could take inspiration from that? The maps here just look boring and there isn't much strategy. It's basically fights and filler fights.

-I like that they created an original story and Android 21 is a nice addition to DragonBall. In the next game they should definitely do an original story again, especially since the Kakarot game is yet another retelling of the DBZ story.

-They should also remove the whole clone aspect. It's a bit jarring to fight opponents who are silent all the time. It takes some of the excitement away.

-We should be able to play as any character we wish (make it an extra unlockable mode if necessary). I don't need custom character interactions for every combination, just let us play as more characters. Currently we can't play as any of the DLC characters but some base characters like SSJ2 Gohan aren't available as well.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:35 am

There should be like a burst attack added to stop long combos. To keep it from getting out of hand using the burst attack would subtract 20-33% of a character's life with each use.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:38 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: โ†‘Sun May 19, 2019 2:30 pm I want an arcade mode with arcade style endings. Shin Budokai 1 did it with each character getting a wish from Shenron and it would be cool if they did a similar thing for Fighterz 2.
This should be a requirement for all traditional fighting games.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Better roster - It's not only about quantity but also quality. After the DLCs the roster size is good, but the quality is laughable when compared to other fighting games. We have 4 Gokus, 3 Vegetas, 3 Gohans (counting with Great Saiyaman assist for Videl), 2 Brolys and only 3 female fighters in a roster with 30+ characters...That's bad. I'm not saying to add female characters just for the sake of it, because it's not like this franchise has a lot of them anyway, but the roster could have more that's for sure. Kefla and Ribrianne for example are the two with most potential for a fighting game like this.
Have you looked at the current roster? This is probably the single best roster in any DBZ game where clones aren't carbon copies of each other.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:18 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Have you looked at the current roster? This is probably the single best roster in any DBZ game where clones aren't carbon copies of each other.
Compared to the Tenkaichi games, FighterZ's roster definitely wins out because it's at least not filled with useless characters and slightly different variations to artificially boost the roster count.

The Budokai games have better rosters tho. Actual diversity with next to no variants.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.