Pirated Games on Playstore

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Pirated Games on Playstore

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 am

Guys, have you noticed that in Playstore there are many official DB Games that have been recreated from their original format to become mobile platform games? As of now I have discovered Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road and (it's continuation I think?) Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai.
Anyway, have you found anything like that? Of course the all come under false names and stuff, while also being modded. I tried both and Another Road had forms like LSSJ4 Broly, SSJB KK Goku and SSJ3 Ultimate Gohan. WITH GOGETA BLUE OF COURSE. Shin Budokai remained loyal to it's original though.
P O W E R

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Pirated Games on Playstore

Post by sangofe » Thu May 02, 2019 9:53 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 am Guys, have you noticed that in Playstore there are many official DB Games that have been recreated from their original format to become mobile platform games? As of now I have discovered Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road and (it's continuation I think?) Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai.
Anyway, have you found anything like that? Of course the all come under false names and stuff, while also being modded. I tried both and Another Road had forms like LSSJ4 Broly, SSJB KK Goku and SSJ3 Ultimate Gohan. WITH GOGETA BLUE OF COURSE. Shin Budokai remained loyal to it's original though.
How did they play?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:07 am

sangofe wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:53 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 am Guys, have you noticed that in Playstore there are many official DB Games that have been recreated from their original format to become mobile platform games? As of now I have discovered Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road and (it's continuation I think?) Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai.
How did they play?
So both games were designed for PSP gameplay. But ever since there was no way of replicating the mechanics of said console into mobile platforms, both games loaded a screen with the buttons of a PSP, which were touch-screen. Initially, I wasn't sure why that happened, but it also convinced me (after seeing everything within the games) that they were the official things.

Bizarre huh? After some time of gameplay, I was able to learn how to use the buttons, though, with ease. As I said, both were under different name banners and "developer companies" to probably cover up for being pirated. Can't blame anyone though, as both were free to play.
P O W E R

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sat May 04, 2019 2:52 pm

I wasn't able to find them on the Play Store so eother they were removed, it's region-locked, or I just haven't looked hard enough.

But given what's being said here, it sounds like the PPSSPP emulator prepackaged with Shin Budokai and some mods rather than a real port.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat May 04, 2019 4:32 pm

There are a lot but it's kind of more annoying seeing shameless developers use the icon of PowerAmp to mislead people into thinking their app is amazing.

Anyway, there's only one Dragon Ball game I've ever liked on Android and that's Tap Battle.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 pm

I can provide you with a link for Shin Budokai, as I deleted "Another Road" and couldn't find it afterwards. However, I know for a fact that it exists.

Of course some fake DB inspired games wouldn't fall under this category, but I do not think that anyone cares about copyright issues on playstore. If you can upload it, do it. Or else, these games wouldn't be there in the first place.
P O W E R