Little things in NEO/BT2 that make you smile/laugh so much.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Little things in NEO/BT2 that make you smile/laugh so much.

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Well, I recently got Sparking! NEO/Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for my Ps2. It's a pretty fun game, while the story mode is nowhere near as climatic as I thought it'd be (75% of the cut-scenes being sub-par, all the extra landing spots in world-flying having no story relevance), there are some things in this game that just make me wanna throw my arms up and shout "FANGASMIC!", as lame as that sounds. First off, just about all the menus are awesome, the one thing I can't really stand is how we can't skip straight to the story selections past Goku's rambling. My favorite menu above all is the Dragon Library with Videl, hearing that soothing music in the background (I'm speaking of the NA version, it's a bit similar to Faulconer's mellow high-school theme when Gohan would be in class) while the school chimes are ringing. What makes me bust laughing is Gohan flying in the background and Videl not noticing, is it just me or is Goku's eldest son...stalking Videl? Probably not, but it's hilarious that it looks that way! XD

Also, I really love how some of the moves are developed for the characters. While there are a ton of repetitive ones, especially for the Giant/Oozaru forms, there are also a ton of gems. My personal favorite is Buu's chocolate attack, mainly because it takes me back to the days of Hyper Dimension, it's so nostalgic and awesome looking at the same time. And then there's some of the arenas, the Glacier and Obliterated Earth areas alone are breath taking. Oh, and YAY that when turning the Japanese VAs on, the only time we have to hear a dub VA is Chris Sabat saying "Okatron 5,000" in the opening logos. One last thing, maybe it's just me, but the replacement music is really kick ass, there are some clunkers, but most of them are really good and don't loop nearly as terrible as the JP version's seem to.

Just my thoughts on things that make me happy about this game, others'?

EDIT: And oh yeah, IN-GAME TRANSFORMATIONS ARE BACK!! :D
14 years later

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:26 pm

For me, it's a lot of little things. The character models look so much better than last time, the Ki effects, the fact that the glowing SSJ characters don't burn the retena out of my eyes. And 18 calling Zangya a skank was the best easter-egg yet. :P

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:15 am

Goku (Schemmel): "Hey Grampa! Look! I'm a super Saiyan!"
Gohan (Sabat): "*Kooky chuckle* Oh, that's wonderful!"

This was so cute, I'm still grinning. It really shows evidence to why Schemmel is my favorite Son Goku. Even though I was first exposed to Ian Corlett, Peter Kelamis, Masako Nozawa before him, he captures the strong and sweet natures of Son Goku the best.

Also, Tur-les calling Vegeta the Princess of all Saiyans and his cocky banter with Bardock were awesome. And Mr.Satan's headbob during his "King of Dreamers" special. That had my friends and I in stitches. The Raditz "What-If?" story was also very cute, but pretty sad. . . While the story mode could've been longer, this game still has the best single-player experience in any of the PS2 fighting games from the franschise. Lots of fun is to be had in this game, and I think it's the little things the developers tossed us that makes it all-the-more enjoyable!

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Post by American Pelican » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:13 am

Well, one thing I'm finding funny about the game is that, the music track: 'battalion unchained', sounds a little like this song.
Well, I think it does, anyway.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:44 am

I really like the Awake them;seems like a perfect SSJ/fusion character theme. I alos dig the character slect theme, Gate Breaker. Overall I think the soundtrack is better than the Japanese version.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:32 am

Kiwi's " F-FURIZA SAMA!! ".
That move is so frickin' awesome.
Also, when Goku screams " Ore ga yaranakya dare ga yaru!? RYU KEN!! " While doing the Ryu ken, I have such a huge grin whenever he does that.
And I love how Butta is an absolute BEAST. His normal melee attacks are amazing!
Uh, I think thats about it..
Oh, a CD better get released for the non-Japanese music, 'cause its so damned awesome! ><

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:20 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:Also, Tur-les calling Vegeta the Princess of all Saiyans and his cocky banter with Bardock were awesome.

The "princess"?! Are you kidding?! X3 If so that's one of the most awesome things ever! Is that just if you're fighting him in duel mode or is it part of an actual storyline?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Gohan just appearing behind Trunks which makes him lose consciousness... lame. :|
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:58 pm

Chuquita wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:Also, Tur-les calling Vegeta the Princess of all Saiyans and his cocky banter with Bardock were awesome.

The "princess"?! Are you kidding?! X3 If so that's one of the most awesome things ever! Is that just if you're fighting him in duel mode or is it part of an actual storyline?
When you beat him in Duel or Tournament mode. Vegeta isn't in The Tree of Might.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm

I always smile when I boot up my game (with Japanese voices of course) and hear Vegeta yell "Doragonoborru Zetto! Sparking NEO!". :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Little things in NEO/BT2 that make you smile/laugh so mu

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 am

Conan the SSJ wrote: EDIT: And oh yeah, IN-GAME TRANSFORMATIONS ARE BACK!! :D
They're not back, they never were there before in the Sparking series.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:24 am

I think he mean by Budokai series since Sparking would be Budokai Tenkaichi. And I think the little thing is when you fight yourself, hearing Master Roshi tell himself off for picking on him is funny (and weird). Best would be when you select correctly you can hear rival talk. Like Tao pai pai vs Master Roshi.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:21 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Gohan just appearing behind Trunks which makes him lose consciousness... lame. :|
Oh he still knocked him out, though how he did it was very ... questionable. Needless to say, with the two being the same size and Gohan knocking Trunks out with his "pelvis" from behind, it looks ..... VERY awkward. :shock:
sangofe wrote:
My fault for not being clear as to what I was talking about, I wasn't referring to the Sparking! series, but all Ps2 DBZ games as a whole. I mean even Sagas had IGTs, and to see Sparking! 1 not bring them into its world, I was ecstatic to experience this element in such a new and awesome looking way in NEO. And the best thing is; it appeases both fans of IGTs and fans of the FB/UB22/Sparking! 1 style in giving the option to transform in battle.

Oh, another thing that makes me smile wide is going into the training levels, I love Vegeta and Bulma's lover-spats. I just can't bring myself to skip past any of those dialogue exchanges, always brings a smile to my face. :lol:
14 years later

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:02 am

Using Cui's super on Freeza, then having said uber-villain turn around and stare at a car for a few seconds. I don't know why, but that's just priceless to me.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:20 pm

sangofe wrote:
Your just being pedantic , you knew what he meant. :roll:
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:26 pm

For some reason I just love it when USSJ Vegeta tosses the opponent at the end of his rush attack. I also love Buu's candy beam and the way he nochalantly crushes the chocholete guy.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:38 pm

One of Bardock's "final attacks" makes it look as though he's both choking and humping his opponent from behind. O__O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:One of Bardock's "final attacks" makes it look as though he's both choking and humping his opponent from behind. O__O
Hehe, I saw that one. He gives them a double-anal, then throws them. :D
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:03 pm

Chuquita wrote:One of Bardock's "final attacks" makes it look as though he's both choking and humping his opponent from behind. O__O
When my friend saw that attack, he said that Bardock was perverted and a rapist. :lol: The Ah, Lord Freeza! on Freeza maybe the funniest thing yet, it like saying Freeza, look! Yourself!
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:05 am

Least I'm not the only one who thought so.

(I've been watching some videos on Youtube, since I don't own a PS2 nor BT2/Neo)