Dragon Ball FighterZ: season 3 predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ: season 3 predictions?

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 am

UI Goku was already announced.
For the other characters I would want Kefla, Toppo, Cabba, Mira and Shallot.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:23 am

Alright, I'm giving it some more optimistic thought.

Considering the fact that Season 3 is probably going to be six characters (based on the new char select screen), and based on the fact that they seem to go with protagonist/antagonist ratio, I'm guessing three good guys, three antagonists.

It is impossible to guess the antagonists since they're so many from the show and the movies, but who could the three good guys be?

UI Goku
Cabba
Roshi
Hercule
Goten
Kid Trunks
Chi-Chi
Chiaotzu
Yajirobe

You can see there's already a problem, considering the fact that almost half of the roster above is canonically unable to fly (heck, Hercule and Chi-Chi may not even be able to dash), which is why I believe more Gokus and Vegetas are coming, especially if we get a Season 4 (which is likely, considering they basically re-established gameplay mechanics which is not something they would do if the game is about to 'die' and not have future updates).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:23 am Alright, I'm giving it some more optimistic thought.

Considering the fact that Season 3 is probably going to be six characters (based on the new char select screen), and based on the fact that they seem to go with protagonist/antagonist ratio, I'm guessing three good guys, three antagonists.

It is impossible to guess the antagonists since they're so many from the show and the movies, but who could the three good guys be?

UI Goku
Cabba
Roshi
Hercule
Goten
Kid Trunks
Chi-Chi
Chiaotzu
Yajirobe

You can see there's already a problem, considering the fact that almost half of the roster above is canonically unable to fly (heck, Hercule and Chi-Chi may not even be able to dash), which is why I believe more Gokus and Vegetas are coming, especially if we get a Season 4 (which is likely, considering they basically re-established gameplay mechanics which is not something they would do if the game is about to 'die' and not have future updates).
Goten, Kid Trunks, and Chiaotzu definitely aren't happening. They're already represented through Gotenks and Tien. Hercule is already in as a lobby avatar so he isn't happening either.

Oh and Chi-Chi definitely could dash. She can jump at ridiculous heights just like Roshi.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm

After Kafla and Ultra Instinct Goku, knowing that Omega Shenron is apparently coming (my guess is that it will surely involve a Dramatic Finish with GT Goku, but also maybe an imaginary one with Gogeta), we'd have:

¤ Ribriand (acts as both another girl and a gag character, with a unique "love" theme and possible wacky attacks, so it's a golden opportunity for the devs). Possible Dramatic Finish with Android 18, but EXTREMELY unlikely.

¤ Dabra (the rest of the third season already represents Super and GT and Dabra is part of the not-so-much-represented Boo arc enemies, also having a unique recognizable look). Plus, Dramatic Finish when the nice Boo wins in the rocky area.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm Plus, Dramatic Finish when the nice Boo wins in the rocky area.
Don't forget with Future Trunks as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:59 pm

^ I would like to see that, but I doubt they would go that far somehow.
But if I was the one to decide this among the devs, I would totally tell them "and add Future Trunks killing Dabra while you're at it".

But then, as I've shown before, any single excuse for extra Dramatic Finishes would sit well with me, so...
For me, as long as a character was defeated by another character - whether it led to death or a mere K-O -, it should be featured as a stylish Dramatic Finish with a maximum of combinations of fighters.

However, I still find it extraordinary that we don't have Vegeta Blue and Goku Blue finishing off Freeza.
The characters are there, the setting is there, it was a spectacular scene that did destroy the enemy and it's the end of an arc/movie, just like for Beerus defeating Goku, Trunks defeating Zamasu, Goku and Freeza defeating Jiren...
Every excuse should be there for them to have put it as a Dramatic Finish, and yet...

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:23 am Alright, I'm giving it some more optimistic thought.

UI Goku
Cabba
Roshi
Hercule
Goten
Kid Trunks
Chi-Chi
Chiaotzu
Yajirobe

Pikkon, Yajirobe, and Hercule would be fun. Probably my first choices, tbh.

For villains, I'd love Dabura, Garlic Jr, Super Buu, and Mercenary Tao.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Don't know if anyone said it but Majuub. He was recently released as dlc in Xenoverse 2, but more importantly he was released alongside Android 21 the mascot of FighterZ. Potential foreshadowing? He and SSJ4 Goku(or Vegeta or Gogeta) would be my most desired. Aside from him I think maybe Mira could get some love, I mean he is super popular. Toppo could be added, maybe he can be base but if you knock him down at 7 ki slots he can get back up with like temporary Armour as god mode and last for a minute only to collapse or something. If they do a T.O.P themed fighter pack then SSB evolved Vegeta could be another

Fun theories
Majuub
SSJ4 character (Goku,Vegeta,Gogeta)
Mira

More likely theories
Toppo
SSBE Vegeta
Dyspo

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 am

We can use the (approximate) number of cards available in a game like Dokkan Battle to infer the popularity of a character as fan service goes in DB video games. This doesn't give any definitive answer for Fighterz, but it can show a few leads as to who Bandai Namco deems "bankable" (not taking versions and transformations into account, all are included within the name, like both Trunks, both Brolys...).

High numbers would imply the character is so popular that it's worth putting multiple versions of them, which is exactly the case with the top ones: Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

Pay attention to the bold and underlined names as they are likely popular as inclusions in games while not yet included in some shape or form in Fighterz.

193 - Son Goku
110 - Vegeta
96 - Son Gohan
80 - Trunks
53 - Freeza
45 - Majin Boo

28 - Bardack
28 - Broly
28 - C-17
28 - Cell
28 - Piccolo
27 - Gotenks