Competitive Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yokumi24

Competitive Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List

Post by Yokumi24 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm

For some Budokai Tenchaichi 3 is considered a pretty fun game that pays homage to the series and then some. Some people played it for fun but the game could get extremely serious and intense if you really put hours into it. I hope this list brings in people who are still playing and those who never took the game seriously but want to look more into it.This is based off of what people considered to be the best characters in the game. Furthermore, characters who had traits that made them beat anyone who weren't below them. SSJ2 Teen Gohan and Kid Buu being known as the hardest to deal with if someone knew how to use them. Hardest part making this was mid tier and low tier characters since a lot them are in a gray area. If the characters were clones then I just grouped them together. Also, besides Frieza, Cell, Super Buu, Vegeto, and Gogeta every character that can transform is represented by their base forms. This is because the game play for said characters drastically change unlike everyone else who pretty much just have buffs. Giant forms/ Giant characters such as great ape aren't added because they're better off being banned as they can't be grabbed and hit with attacks like meteor smash. I forgot to add them to banned section but fat Jenemba represents all of them. Gogeta is pretty obvious. This is a rough draft of it so I know somethings may not seem right but I would love to do a more in-depth one if more people would like to hop on this. What do you think? What would you change? Do you think this could be improved on? If the game were to be played a competitive level how would it play out and what do you think the meta would like.
Last edited by Yokumi24 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Competitive Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Id personally move Buuhan up a spot

Also why is Burter in D? his combos are insanely fast, my friends and I ban him whenever we play lol

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm Id personally move Buuhan up a spot

Also why is Burter in D? his combos are insanely fast, my friends and I ban him whenever we play lol
You right I should've moved Buuhan up more but since I thought he was pretty even with his other forms.
Burter is definitely C maybe low C+ just on his speed alone. When I decide to update it I'll for sure make some changes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:09 pm

You've just dug your own grave by worrying about Gogeta to the point of banning him but not Burter (even placing him so low in this rank). I'd argue he's even better and faster than Gogeta. I remember playing as him a lot. He's a very great character.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Based on the responses I for sure will make some major changes to this. Burter was pretty overpowered but I only looked at his speed advantage. Anymore changes please note and I for sure will make them. So here's who will be moved:
Gogeta
Burter
Kid Goku
Arale
Sword Trunks
Mecha Cooler

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Dont sleep on Demon King Piccolo either.

My best character in that game is End Piccolo so it sucks seeing him at only C+

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 pm

https://tierlists.com/create/dbz-bt3-tier-list-1
If you want to make it here's the template. Like I said it's not a final list so go for it guys. Also, been thinking about making a discord for the game since it seems this list does open a door for further discussion about the game. :lol:

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm just wondering why you think Kid Goku is in S? I do agree that he has good stuff, I'm just interested in the reasoning behind it.

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Kokos wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 pm I'm just wondering why you think Kid Goku is in S? I do agree that he has good stuff, I'm just interested in the reasoning behind it.
His overall speed and combos also his ssj4 transformation boosts his damage potential. Him being a small character also guarantees an ability to get through certain situations that a normal sized character. Unlike some characters his transformations doesn't make him less of a character.
My server for BT3 https://discord.gg/8vF3Ed9

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Yokumi24 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 pm
Kokos wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 pm I'm just wondering why you think Kid Goku is in S? I do agree that he has good stuff, I'm just interested in the reasoning behind it.
His overall speed and combos also his ssj4 transformation boosts his damage potential. Him being a small character also guarantees an ability to get through certain situations that a normal sized character. Unlike some characters his transformations doesn't make him less of a character.
Sorry, I meant the original DB Kid Goku, the last one on the S column

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Kokos wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 pm
Yokumi24 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 pm
Sorry, I meant the original DB Kid Goku, the last one on the S column
That was more of a mistake since I really didn't know where to put him. After actually using him I found out he gets stomped by almost everyone.

Creatful_Chaos

Post by Creatful_Chaos » Mon May 17, 2021 1:18 am

the most legendary meme