Has FighterZ made Budokai 3 obsolete?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Has FighterZ made Budokai 3 obsolete? I UI

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 am
Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:06 am
FoolsGil wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:43 pm For fans of DBZ media, probably. For fighting game aficionados? no.
Precisely. Because for fighting game aficionados, Budokai 3 isn't a thing at all. To the hardcore, it's just another "2000s anime fighting game" that they might chuckle at and remember nostalgically before going back to exploiting every quirk of FighterZ's game logic in tournaments.

I'll still take a Budokai 4 (or 5, perhaps?) if they ever make one as some comfort food anime fighter.
Most of those people who dismissed it probably never actually learned how to play it at all.
I’m admittedly not a huge expert on fighting games, but the Budokai games aren’t really all that difficult to learn.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Has FighterZ made Budokai 3 obsolete? I UI

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 pmI’m admittedly not a huge expert on fighting games, but the Budokai games aren’t really all that difficult to learn.
They aren't but they don't play like most fighting games and the games themselves never gave players a real incentive to get better when there's actually a lot more than what meets the eye.

Doesn't help the first two games aren't exactly good (they're good for licensed games but not that great in general).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Has FighterZ made Budokai 3 obsolete?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Budokai 3 didn't age very well when I try to replay it. I found myself getting bored with it after 30 minutes.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Has FighterZ made Budokai 3 obsolete?

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:15 pm Budokai 3 didn't age very well when I try to replay it. I found myself getting bored with it after 30 minutes.
It's 16 years old, it being good enough to play for 30 minutes is an accomplishment. :lol: