Do we really need 5 Vegetas?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 am

*Smack DNA's head for the Goku comment*
Are you crazy? One goku could have done it, base goku could be saiyan saga goku, SSJ Goku could be Freeza Saga Goku and Cell Saga Goku could have two alternative costumes! Instead of the different Gi signs, it could have the Yadrat outfit and the Saiyan Amour suit.

Buu saga's Goku would be SSJ2 and SSJ3, GT Goku could be another character but it be more of a waste then good. Each Vegeta form was different, a GT Goku would be the same as a normal Goku.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

I personally think it's a good idea, it's for the sake of completness.
I also think that there should be GT Vegeta and his Super Saiyan form before Super Saiyan 4. Also, and everyone will try to cook me and eat me now, I think there should be more Goku's as well, diferent sagas=diferent Goku's.

In the Saiyan Saga Goku had Kaioken and a hand sized Genkidama.
Freeza Saga he could go Super Saiyan and had the big sized Genkidama.
Cell Saga we got the Shunkanido and Warp Kamehameha.
Buu Saga we got Super Saiyan 2 and 3, Super Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, an even bigger Genkidama.
GT we got the now "chibi" Goku and Super Saiyan 1 and 3, then 4 and Dragon Fist again and 10x Kamehameha.

Well, there's some more moves but you get the idea, there are also diferent costumes. I'm not saying that all those should be diferent characters, I'm just stating the diferences, some of them could be merged in more then one way, but yes, I do believe there should be more then one adult Goku.
None of that requires there to be multiple versions of characters, only diffrient moves.

Example with Goku there only needs to be one version of him, just with a bunch of diffrient outfits (kid and adult) then you could just assign him whatever moves you want ala Budokai or Super DBZ, ie there's no reason to have 5 Goku's on the select screen when the only diff between them is their specials/supers, because thats the kinda thing you could customize if the set-up allows for it.

Also going the same direction this could be done with items or add ons, like with Goku he could have a Halo, Saiyan Tail, Power Pole, Scouter, etc. Some would be purely for show (like the scouter) while others would allow for actual in game things like the tail allowing him to go Ozaru or SS4, or his staff/pole being able to be used in battle (as an adult or kid) and the same can be done with a number of other characters like Trunks with and without his sword. Like there doesn't need to be two versions of Trunks, but rather the option to equip his sword or not.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Onikage725 wrote:Hell, this isnt Vegeta, but I seriously want homeboy Piccolo from the driving episode.
Badman Vegeta versus Homeboy Piccolo! Fight!

Vegeta: Men in Pink Attack!

Piccolo: Crazy Driving Instructor Turbo Assist Ha!

:lol:
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:09 pm

Well, that all depends on what type of game you are making, if it's a game like Sparking, then we need more Gokus, if it's a game like Budokai or Super DBZ, then we need one Goku, one Vegeta, etc, and the option to choose wich moves and wich forms.

On the Vegeta part I think we need even more, here's a list:

King Vegeta
Ozaru King Vegeta
Kid Vegeta
Red Haired Vegeta
Vegeta Saiyan Saga
Ozaru Vegeta Saiyan Saga
Vegeta Namek Saga
Vegeta Freeza Saga
Naked Vegeta
Bad Man Vegeta
Shorts Vegeta
Vegeta Cell Saga
Vegeta Cell Saga Super Saiyan
Super Vegeta Cell Saga
Future Vegeta
Future Vegeta Super Saiyan
Black Polo, White Pants Vegeta
Shirtless Vegeta
Shirtless Vegeta Super Saiyan
Vegeta Buu Saga
Vegeta Buu Saga Super Saiyan
Vegeta Buu Saga Super Saiyan 2
Halo Vegeta
Halo Vegeta Super Saiyan
Halo Vegeta Super Saiyan 2
Majin Vegeta
Jacket Vegeta
Sleveless Shirt, White Pants Vegeta
Neko Majin Vegeta
Neko Majin Vegeta Super Saiyan
Moustache Vegeta
Vegeta GT
Vegeta GT Super Saiyan
Vegeta GT Super Saiyan 2
Ozaru Vegeta GT
Golden Ozaru Vegeta GT
Vegeta GT Super Saiyan 4
Baby Vegeta
Vegeta Jr.
Vegeta Jr. Super Saiyan

And that is all I can think off :D

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 pm

Son of a fucker, man! 99% of those could be shrank down to one character! The only ones from that list in which I would give seperate characters from standard Vegeta are:

King Vegeta -> Oozaru King Vegeta
Kid Vegeta
Ma-jin Vegeta
Baby Vegeta (plus you forgot Super Baby 1 & 2, and his Ogon Oozaru form)
Vegeta Jr. -> Vegeta Jr. Super Saiyan

All the rest could be alternate costumes and/or henshin.
Future Vegeta
Future Vegeta Super Saiyan
Who the deuce...?
Naked Vegeta
No. Just... no....
Red Haired Vegeta
Shanks a lot for that one.
Neko Majin Vegeta
Neko Majin Vegeta Super Saiyan
Wasn't this just his Cell Saga uniform? And besides, if you're going to have anything from a crossover manga, have Captain Vegeta from Cross Epoch.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Dude.. I was obviously kidding... please don't tell me you took that seriously.
Also I didn't forgot the forms of Baby Vegeta, I just think that they are so diferent that they don't really count as a "Vegeta Form" anymore.

And again: I really, really was just kidding <_< tought it would be obvious.

Edit: Battle Quote for Naked Vegeta: "Join the butt parade" xD anyone has the link for that one? Also Red Haired Vegeta would be kind of a cool secret costume XD

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:10 am

Seriously a Naked Vegeta is so wrong.. If I see that on my game, I kill destroy my TV, shoot my brains and go after you (for suggesting it). A red hair Vegeta would sound kind of cool but why would his hair be red?
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:51 am

Well, that all depends on what type of game you are making, if it's a game like Sparking, then we need more Gokus, if it's a game like Budokai or Super DBZ, then we need one Goku, one Vegeta, etc, and the option to choose wich moves and wich forms.
Well none of the games have gone about it a good way or the best way, ie I can't see any reason why Sparking's set up needs more then one of any character, because a slight ingame adjustment can make the set up like Budokai, or Super, or whatever, like just because those series have a system in place doesn't mean they should always (or even need to) continue with that same system/set-up with every single entry.

I mean the Sparking set-up shouldn't even be an option as far as games are concerned because both games are about quantity over quality, thus you end up with something like 5 seperate Vegeta that you really don't need given that you can accomplish the exact samething with one as Budokai and Super show.

All the DBZ fighters out there limit what you should be able to achieve, though Super comes close, but yet it allows you to assign any move to any char (which is fine in a Free Mode type thing) but there needs to be more character specific set-ups/options, for instance look at all the moves Goku uses throughout his history, yet in no game can you use all those moves with him (cept with Super DBZ's anything goes set-up) like he's always had the Kamehameha, but if a game allows for a choose your own moves set-up then any move he's ever used (Solar Flare, etc) should be available to him too, but of course you'd have to limit the overall amount of moves you could give a character (like maybe 4 Specials and 1 Super) to maintain a sense of balance, plus it give it a more strategic feel deciding what handful of moves your going to pick for someone that has a lot of moves (like Goku) when you have so many to choose from.
King Vegeta -> Oozaru King Vegeta
Kid Vegeta
Ma-jin Vegeta
Baby Vegeta (plus you forgot Super Baby 1 & 2, and his Ogon Oozaru form)
Vegeta Jr. -> Vegeta Jr. Super Saiyan

All the rest could be alternate costumes and/or henshin.
Actually even all those can/could be alternate costumes for Vegeta.

For instance "Majin" should be a power up attachment or whatever, ie you'd be able to equip the ability to whatever character, and it act as a power boost, while also adding an "M" to their forehead, for instance if whatever game had a Free Mode where you could equip anything to any character (like in Super) then you'd be able to equip it to Goku, Freeza, etc, and be able to equip it to any character you desire, though in the story mode it should only be able to be used by Vegeta (or any of the other characters that had the power if they were also in the game) and of course you could stack things like "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2" ontop of it (especialy for Vegeta)

Baby Vegeta (if using a set-up system) would work basicly exactly how I described Majin, you'd choose "Baby" in the set-up, then stack upon it.

King Vegeta, Kid Vegeta, and Vegeta Jr can all be alts as well. None of them were developed enough that they need be seperate characters.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:50 am

People, I really was kidding <_< Kid Vegeta would suck imo. And Naked Vegeta would be so wrong that my eyes would pop out.

gohanku: Why Red Hair Vegeta? Because Vegeta's hair was red in the begining :D lol, in the first apearences, it was a Toei mistake, but it still was kinda cool :P

TAS: Well, that wich you quoted was my opinion, and that wich you have written was your opinion. :P Just serves to prove that no game can satisfy everyone.

It was a joke, really <_< most of the "characters" I listed are training clothes or casual wear, Future Vegeta only appeared in a few cutscenes and is equal to Cell Saga Vegeta, like Neko Majin Vegeta. Vegeta Jr. barely has anything to be a full fledged character (but I would like it anyway), same goes to King Vegeta. The others are useless forms or outfits.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:59 pm

TAS wrote:For instance "Majin" should be a power up attachment or whatever, ie you'd be able to equip the ability to whatever character, and it act as a power boost, while also adding an "M" to their forehead, for instance if whatever game had a Free Mode where you could equip anything to any character (like in Super) then you'd be able to equip it to Goku, Freeza, etc, and be able to equip it to any character you desire, though in the story mode it should only be able to be used by Vegeta (or any of the other characters that had the power if they were also in the game) and of course you could stack things like "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2" ontop of it (especialy for Vegeta)
Goku couldn't use 'Majin'. He has no evil in his heart for Babidi to manipulate.

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 pm

Goku couldn't use 'Majin'. He has no evil in his heart for Babidi to manipulate.
Yeah but in a "Free Mode" anything goes, ie I was speaking in the sense of a Free Mode that doesn't have to stick to the canon, rules, etc, etc, like anyone could have/use anything, within the tecnical limitations (or reason) of course. For instance someone like Freeza wouldn't be able to use "Super Saiyan" because it physicaly won't work for him, however it work perfectly fine for any human looking character (Mr.Satan, Tien, etc)

Like basicly what I was picturing was a Story Mode and a Free Mode, both of which would have Story and VS mode options, with the only diffs being that the Story Mode(s) would stick pretty close to the story in terms of progression, characters, moves, etc, while Free Mode would allow for almost anything. Example in Free Story Mode you could go through the entire series/sagas as Raditz (or whatever) if you chose to do so, and the story would be adjusted per specific character(s) ie dialogue changes, etc.
Last edited by TAS on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:47 pm

DNA wrote:Dude.. I was obviously kidding... please don't tell me you took that seriously.
Also I didn't forgot the forms of Baby Vegeta, I just think that they are so diferent that they don't really count as a "Vegeta Form" anymore.

And again: I really, really was just kidding <_< tought it would be obvious.

Edit: Battle Quote for Naked Vegeta: "Join the butt parade" xD anyone has the link for that one? Also Red Haired Vegeta would be kind of a cool secret costume XD
Ugh. Sorry. That's what I get for reading DaizEX posts at work. With a headache.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:55 pm

No worries The S :D

Anyone else thinks Red Hair Vegeta custume would be nice? :X

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:08 pm

DNA wrote:Anyone else thinks Red Hair Vegeta custume would be nice? :X
Isn't Red Hair Vegeta the palette swap for scouter Vegeta in the first Sparking?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:07 pm

I have no idea, I don't own that game, sold it after two days of trying to play it. Really didn't like it.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:39 pm

His hair looks more brown to me. Maybe a burnt sienna.