2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: 2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 pm I do think XV3 can happen because you have different developers working on the game while another team is working on XV2 DLC. I just hope Spike never comes back for another DB video game.
I think at this point their stuck making non dragon ball arena fighters. Since Bandai knows spikes dragon ball games don’t make money anymore
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am

Naruto6583 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:52 amI think at this point their stuck making non dragon ball arena fighters. Since Bandai knows spikes dragon ball games don’t make money anymore
The reason they didn't make money (raging blast-ultimate tenkaichi) was because of their lack of quality, which was because of their lack of budget. DB is in a place that allows Bandai to invest big budgets into it, as seen with fighterz and kakarot. With that said, I highly doubt we'll get another game from them, as XV more or less ticks off the same boxes their games did.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 pm

FighterZ still seems to be going strong, so I don’t think there’s much of a need for a sequel. The most obvious choice for a new game would be Xenoverse 3, although I’m not sure they’d be able to offer much in terms of new characters. I guess they could include Moro, but I assume they’d want him to appear in animated form first.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:41 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 pm FighterZ still seems to be going strong, so I don’t think there’s much of a need for a sequel. The most obvious choice for a new game would be Xenoverse 3, although I’m not sure they’d be able to offer much in terms of new characters. I guess they could include Moro, but I assume they’d want him to appear in animated form first.
I think XV3 will be a heroes centered game, as the missing characters from the anime aren't enough to sell a game on.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am
Naruto6583 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:52 amI think at this point their stuck making non dragon ball arena fighters. Since Bandai knows spikes dragon ball games don’t make money anymore
The reason they didn't make money (raging blast-ultimate tenkaichi) was because of their lack of quality, which was because of their lack of budget. DB is in a place that allows Bandai to invest big budgets into it, as seen with fighterz and kakarot. With that said, I highly doubt we'll get another game from them, as XV more or less ticks off the same boxes their games did.
Did the tenkaichi series have that issue when it came to budget as well? By the way love your avatar :thumbup:
PSN SonGoku325

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Naruto6583 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 pm Did the tenkaichi series have that issue when it came to budget as well?

By the way love your avatar :thumbup:
No, as games were easier and cheaper to make back in the Ps2 era. The franchise was also in a better financial place between 2002-2007 due to the release of the kanzenban and dragon boxes/singles. Generally speaking, 2008-212 was one of the worst periods for the franchise financially.

Thanks, nothing beats Bruce Timm's DCAU art style. :mrgreen:

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:17 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:36 pm
Naruto6583 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 pm Did the tenkaichi series have that issue when it came to budget as well?

By the way love your avatar :thumbup:
No, as games were easier and cheaper to make back in the Ps2 era. The franchise was also in a better financial place between 2002-2007 due to the release of the kanzenban and dragon boxes/singles. Generally speaking, 2008-212 was one of the worst periods for the franchise financially.

Thanks, nothing beats Bruce Timm's DCAU art style. :mrgreen:
Ahhhh I see. That’s the part that frustrates me I know they can make good games sure their input for arena fighters these days isn’t that great. Jump Force being the last one I played and it was just a terrible experience for me.

But I really love their Danganronpa franchise it’s one of my favorite visual novels of all time next to 5bp’s Chaos;Child. And sure I get that visual novels don’t have the budget of arena fighters. But I guess going forward that’s the only enjoyment I’m gonna get out of that company.
PSN SonGoku325

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:02 pm

I think it will be Xenoverse 3 as a cross gen title. I believe they mentioned that they want Xenoverse 3 to be a more substantial jump and that they want it to have a longer development cycle.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:02 pm

I know they need to release a DB game every year to renew the license, but do you guys think they could pull off a loophole by making some kind of ultimate edition?

If they can't do that then my vote is either Xenoverse 3 or another mobile game to buy time for Xenoverse 3.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:26 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:02 pm I know they need to release a DB game every year to renew the license, but do you guys think they could pull off a loophole by making some kind of ultimate edition?

If they can't do that then my vote is either Xenoverse 3 or another mobile game to buy time for Xenoverse 3.
Remasters/HD collections work which is why we got budokai 1 and 3 remastered and why I personally want infinte world and Tenkaichi 3 hd collection.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:26 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:02 pm I know they need to release a DB game every year to renew the license, but do you guys think they could pull off a loophole by making some kind of ultimate edition?

Remasters/HD collections work which is why we got budokai 1 and 3 remastered and why I personally want infinte world and Tenkaichi 3 hd collection.
The only way I could see that being a good thing is if they use it to bring in features the previous xenoverse games didn't have.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 pm FighterZ still seems to be going strong, so I don’t think there’s much of a need for a sequel. The most obvious choice for a new game would be Xenoverse 3, although I’m not sure they’d be able to offer much in terms of new characters. I guess they could include Moro, but I assume they’d want him to appear in animated form first.
I honestly don't even know what a FighterZ 2 would even look like. I take it they won't do anything with the manga stuff until they adapt it in some animated form, and even then I think that's just DLC. FighterZ alone already has pretty much everyone you would want in a DBZ fighting game.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm
I honestly don't even know what a FighterZ 2 would even look like. I take it they won't do anything with the manga stuff until they adapt it in some animated form, and even then I think that's just DLC. FighterZ alone already has pretty much everyone you would want in a DBZ fighting game.
I agree. FighterZ has already provided fans with the competitive fighting game they’ve always hoped for, so I don’t see what new things a sequel would bring. Unlike the Tenkaichi and Xenoverse games, FighterZ is a fighting game first, and a fanservice game second.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:27 am

I really like FighterZ but there are some things they could add besides the standard extra stages and characters a sequel gets:

---An improved story mode
Story mode here was okay but repetitive. It reminded me of Budokai 2's but a lot less less fun. Fighting against mute clones wasn't exciting. Plus, it's a shame that you can only use a small selection of characters even in NG+, which hurted it's replay value. The story itself was faitly nice but it was padded with a lot of filler fights ironically

---Customizable characters
Let us move each character's stats around and give us the ability to assign different ' loadouts' to a character.

---Proper handicap/1vs 1 matches
It's cool that the option for 1 vs 1 matches/handicap matches exists but it would be more fun if you can adjust the HP/strength/defense according to the number of team members you have. As of right now, choosing less than 3 members just means you're at a disadvantage. It would be more interesting if the game boosts your characters when you choose less than 3 members.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 pm
I agree. FighterZ has already provided fans with the competitive fighting game they’ve always hoped for, so I don’t see what new things a sequel would bring. Unlike the Tenkaichi and Xenoverse games, FighterZ is a fighting game first, and a fanservice game second.
Better single-player content (mainly a Story Mode that isn't a boring thruge), rollback netcoding, alternate costumes, new stages, and mechanical tweaks (like changing the way Superdash works).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:01 pm

21 worked out for FighterZ so they could always create new characters to vase a story around.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Pikkon just got confirmed for XV2 so now I'm thinking Bandai plans to milk XV2 a little while longer.

What else could they announce?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:29 pm Pikkon just got confirmed for XV2 so now I'm thinking Bandai plans to milk XV2 a little while longer.

What else could they announce?
It's too early for Fighterz and Kakaot sequels so I guess maybe a new Spike game ? I do think it's only a matter of time before XV2 is released on the next gen system with all the characters released up to this point. That way they'll get even more sales out of it with the possibility of milking it further with DLC. Same goes for FighterZ.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:17 am

Budokai 3 Remake. :(

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am

Psajdak wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:17 am Budokai 3 Remake. :(
Why not Budokai 4 ? It can include what 3 did right and add to it. I doubt it'll happen due to FighterZ being the main 2-D fighter, but it'd be great though.